• TV above Elec Fireplace

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • TV above and TV below

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

cmanole

HB Legend
Jun 24, 2002
Redoing some things in the hizzy. Have a fireplace that backups to the pantry in the kitchen. I am for sure taking about the fireplace and expanding the pantry. It will be large, not a walk in but large and wide.

The question is in the living room though. I bought a 65" tv that I'm going to put above the mantle for sure. Down below though I was looking at putting in an electric fireplace but the more I think about it, I'm thinking I should put in a second tv. A 52" probably. I mean I can play the youtube fireplace on it if I'm not watching a second game can't I?

Would also get a bottom set with the least chance of burn in and one that if it did have problems, it wouldn't upset you and cost too much to replace.

Reactions: cmanole
I would never position a flat screen over a fireplace,... terrible viewing angle.

They have angled mounts I hope you know. This is like a thing all over the world. Not sure if it's hit Iowa yet or not...

Would also get a bottom set with the least chance of burn in and one that if it did have problems, it wouldn't upset you and cost too much to replace.

I can probably get a smart 52" on black Friday for 200 hun or less...

Redoing some things in the hizzy. Have a fireplace that backups to the pantry in the kitchen. I am for sure taking about the fireplace and expanding the pantry. It will be large, not a walk in but large and wide.

The question is in the living room though. I bought a 65" tv that I'm going to put above the mantle for sure. Down below though I was looking at putting in an electric fireplace but the more I think about it, I'm thinking I should put in a second tv. A 52" probably. I mean I can play the youtube fireplace on it if I'm not watching a second game can't I?

Without seeing a pic of your setup, I think a tv below a tv would look tacky. I'd go with a dimplex like the pic below. We have one in our basement and it's pretty cool. https://www.electricfireplacesdirec...all-mount-electric-fireplace-sf-all60-bk.html

SF-ALL60-BK_MZ.jpg

They have angled mounts I hope you know. This is like a thing all over the world. Not sure if it's hit Iowa yet or not...

Yes, I'm aware of all the mounting options,... Don't care in the least about what's happening all over the world,... I have indeed noticed a small number of fellow Iowans making this mistake...

I recently remodeled our living room and put in a built in book case and gas fireplace. Went with a 55” above on a tilted mount above it. We love it. It took me a while to get used to it because I used to have it sitting on a furniture console and it was lower...but after a week I was fine. The tilting mount points downward around 10-15 degrees and is really only needed if you’re on the end of the couch closest to the TV. I’m in Iowa so a fireplace is probably going to get used more than in Florida, but so far we are loving having it.

Yes, I'm aware of all the mounting options,... Don't care in the least about what's happening all over the world,... I have indeed noticed a small number of fellow Iowans making this mistake...
We have a 75 incher over our hearth. Love it and it frees up a lot of space elsewhere in our family room. Viewing angle is good, you get used to watching a little higher than you're used to, and you can watch tv in the kitchen if you're doing stuff there. I'd never not have one above the fireplace.

I think a lot of it depends on your room set up. For long, narrow rooms it works just fine - if not better IMHO. It’s actually comfortable when you lean back on the ol’ couch and gaze slightly upward. Square rooms or short / wide rooms where you don’t get to put distance from you and the screen are a problem.

It’s all a matter of personal preference more than anything though I suppose. And the quality of your eyesight!

Only Two TVs?

a06c2471531437a9c6dc75730aaa739b.jpg

f07e369ad5dbbb05916cf9cc09897881.jpg

DBuTfaEU0AAeM1X.jpg

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
And slow your roll on Iowa, especially when addressing the billionaires of HROT. Let me remind you that there is no Iowa Man meme yet the force is strong with Florida Man.

We don't have it directly above the fireplace so that the kids wouldn't get in the way huddling by it. Obviously, it's hard if your fireplace is dead center along a wall in a long, narrow living room. Luckily our fireplace is off to one side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT