ADVERTISEMENT

Lol listen to this…. From 93.7 the Fan in Pittsburgh….

I listened to it......SPOT ON!!!!!
The gentlemen talking were not wrong by any means. I would almost bet they are not the only ones bashing I_WA (where's the O???) over the TV/radio waves.

• Haha
Reactions: tweeterhawk
Why do we care what some radio station in Pittsburgh thinks? I don't get it.
Like maybe the putrid Ferentz offense is getting national recognition. And Kirk's too damned stubborn to do anything about it. If you love the Hokks, you should care.

Link doesn't work for me. Just forces a registration to Audacy and then doesn't open anything 😒
Strange. Not sure why that would be happening . I can clock right into it from my phone and it starts right up . Some kind of setting maybe? I’m not sure

Is it really worth installing another app to listen to this? Just asking for a friend.
I use it to listen to Pittsburgh sports radio. So unless u follow another pro sports team or have another source then no.. the whole point was to just to reemphasize the country is laughing at our inept offense

Reactions: Buffhawk
Strange. Not sure why that would be happening . I can clock right into it from my phone and it starts right up . Some kind of setting maybe? I’m not sure
It worked after installation of the app and restarting my phone. These old flip phones don't always work as expected 😊

Reactions: the24fan
mark my words -- if the winning continues going against everyone's expectations, by november the attention on iowa fb will be through the roof and there will be seeds of great self-doubt planted in programs that try to win with explosive offenses. next year there will massive mockery of teams that win 63-61
:)

Why do we care what some radio station in Pittsburgh thinks? I don't get it.
Lol I doubt it’s just Pittsburgh radio that notices, but when you get called out for a college football game by a radio station 800 miles away that’s really sayin something imo

mark my words -- if the winning continues going against everyone's expectations, by november the attention on iowa fb will be through the roof and there will be seeds of great self-doubt planted in programs that try to win with explosive offenses. next year there will massive mockery of teams that win 63-61
There are definitely levels of suck. What people saw on Saturday and to a great extent the back half of last year was 3-9 level suck and only because of elite defense and special teams. That is what we can expect without significant improvement from last week. Hoping for better.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Lol I doubt it’s just Pittsburgh radio that notices, but when you get called out for a college football game by a radio station 800 miles away that’s really sayin something imo
Yeah, it's saying they have nothing better to talk about.

Well I thought of this too , but I’ve seen very little evidence that our style of winning will move the needle back toward defense. Offense seems to be the only thing people care about in the college game. Scoring gets the ratings unfortunately. I’m not asking for an offensive juggernaut. Just an offense that can at least threaten to score once in awhile. We have a steep hill to climb to just get to that level🤬

This kind of stuff and talk around the country stings us fans more than KF & co.. or so it seems.. I just hope, for whatever ever reason it may be, the offense is not as pitiful as what we saw Saturday..

Yeah, it's saying they have nothing better to talk about.
Doubtful. Steeler talk dominates that radio station. Pitt FB, Penguins, the Pirates( although dreadful) they have plenty to talk about . To have them call out Iowa out of all the other college ball over the weekend speaks volumes IMO

I get in and I get a dashboard with a bunch of random links on it. I have no idea which one to listen to. Oh well, I"m sure what they said is pretty much the same as every other national media source and probably 100% correct.

There are definitely levels of suck. What people saw on Saturday and to a great extent the back half of last year was 3-9 level suck and only because of elite defense and special teams. That is what we can expect without significant improvement from last week. Hoping for better.
no question that a horrific offense coupled with less than elite D and ST will yield 3-9
the question in my mind is whether it is a legit approach to deliberately emphasize (via talent, coaching, gameplans) D and ST to elite levels and deploy O in unconventional ways. the answer based on w-l over the last 6-7 years is yes it is. all that said, i definitely would like to see the qb changed as soon as it is apparent the starter is ineffective -- the NW game last year offered proof as did the NE game.

I get in and I get a dashboard with a bunch of random links on it. I have no idea which one to listen to. Oh well, I"m sure what they said is pretty much the same as every other national media source and probably 100% correct.
It’s the PM show from yesterday . Filiponi . And the show is broken down into segments by time. It’s listed there

no question that a horrific offense coupled with less than elite D and ST will yield 3-9
the question in my mind is whether it is a legit approach to deliberately emphasize (via talent, coaching, gameplans) D and ST to elite levels and deploy O in unconventional ways. the answer based on w-l over the last 6-7 years is yes it is. all that said, i definitely would like to see the qb changed as soon as it is apparent the starter is ineffective -- the NW game last year offered proof as did the NE game.
Like I said, there are different levels of suck. What we saw on Saturday isn't in any way sustainable from a wins and losses perspective. It was as complete a collapse of offense as you will ever see from a major college program. They were essentially shut out by an FCS team scoring only 3 points on a short field. That's not "unconventional". That's a recipe for maybe 1 or 2 conference wins this year if it continues.

Reactions: BioHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT