ADVERTISEMENT

London/Paris trip - June

I forgot to check if someone said this, but yes I consider the City Pass absolutely mandatory in Paris and helpful but not mandatory in London. The Hop on Hop Off Sightseeing Bus that comes with the City Pass is faster and more useful than regular Paris transportation to get to all of the standard tourist areas. The Parisian version is invaluable And a must get.
"city pass" is almost a necessity in Paris...unless you are the person who loves waiting in line and paying unnecessary admission fees...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I highly recommend getting a copy or two of this pocket map book.

Paris is not like Chicago or NYC where things are mostly a grid pattern. I don't think there are two parallel streets in Paris. Can get it on Amazon.
51-QzOjiC+L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: FSUTribe76
OP, what phone carrier do you have and have you solved a SIM card or burner phone for the trip? I am going to Italy in June and only started to research that topic. Be nice to have all the adults in our group able to use phones while there.
Whoop whoop! Flight tomorrow for 17 days in Italy. I bought the Airalo ESims for all 5 of us. Pretty simple to install. See you there haha

Whoop whoop! Flight tomorrow for 17 days in Italy. I bought the Airalo ESims for all 5 of us. Pretty simple to install. See you there haha

Yep, Im officially able to go now. Applied for a new passport Dec '22 online since my old one expired. My new one arrived yesterday for a Thur departure.

Airalo was who we were going to use as well.

Yep, Im officially able to go now. Applied for a new passport Dec '22 online since my old one expired. My new one arrived yesterday for a Thur departure.

Airalo was who we were going to use as well.
I downloaded the app then had each of the others use my code so they each got $3 off. That put $12 in my account so mine was $12 off.

Hey, that London/Paris trip sounds fantastic! For non-standard tourist recommendations, I suggest checking out Camden Market in London for its unique shopping and vibrant atmosphere. In Paris, visit the Montmartre neighborhood for its artistic charm and breathtaking views from the Sacré-Cœur Basilica. Don't miss the Shakespeare and Company bookstore. Also, consider booking tickets online for your train with this platform. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
We will be in Europe in late Sept into Oct. London we will be in St James area and while in Paris we will stay in the 8th not far from the 9th. We just plan to hit the major tourist sites... but if we have a nice day in the forecast while in Paris I plan to go to Normandy too. In London, plan to go along both sides of the river between Westminster and Tower Bridge to catch most things for sure.

We will be in Europe in late Sept into Oct. London we will be in St James area and while in Paris we will stay in the 8th not far from the 9th. We just plan to hit the major tourist sites... but if we have a nice day in the forecast while in Paris I plan to go to Normandy too. In London, plan to go along both sides of the river between Westminster and Tower Bridge to catch most things for sure.
The Paris subway app (Bonjour RATP) is fantastic - real time train arrivals/departure and easy navigation. I enjoyed all of Paris and Versailles was incredible.

Reactions: B1GDeal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT