ADVERTISEMENT

Look at it this way

thunderstruck1

All-Conference
Dec 22, 2023
OSU paid 600k to Akron to blast them, I am sure we got more then that to let them embarrass us. With the NIL and the way it is now, why do you think the SEC and B10 are talking about having preseason games? I mean what draws more eyes, Georgia kicking the snot out of Iowa, Minnesota or Northwestern or Georgia kicking the snot out of Locust Grove Institute? Does OSU kicking the snot out of Auburn draw more eyes or OSU playing Akron??

Last edited:
We see a lot of data about smaller non-con guests getting big payouts. What is the formula for conference games? I'd think it has to be consistent across the league. Does the visitor get a cut of ticket sales or does it all go to the home team.

We see a lot of data about smaller non-con guests getting big payouts. What is the formula for conference games? I'd think it has to be consistent across the league.
I don't know what the breakdown per game is, but you know it is more then 600k. We play 9 conf games 9 times 600k is only 5.4 mill

I didn't see where you had Iowa kicking the poo out of anyone
That is because instead of the saying punting is winning and since we have shown over the years we can not compete with the top schools and NIL has shown that gap is going to get wider, we now have to adopt the saying losing is winning. Lol

Reactions: icwesthawk
Basically unless someday they just make some of these college teams semi pro (which I mean they are when they are paying 20 million for the team) or level the NIL playing field (which doesn't work because there was all sorts of cheating prior to NIL). Unless that happens you are going to see that there has been another tier added to college football. The semi pro teams, the middle teams (power 4 conference members), the MAC, Atlantic coast, Sunbelt and Missouri Valley, level. So really they should just call a spade a spade and let the semi pro teams play each other and maybe some nfl or XFL or whatever teams and let the rest of the power 4 conferences play each other. Because IDK about anyone else, but it gets really old watching the same teams just smoke everyone else. It is rather boring. (and it has been that way for years and years now) I mean do you see the Bears playing against the XFL? No because there are different levels and each one pays different do they not? It's like watching men compete in women's sports, there is clearly an unfair advantage and it takes away from the enjoyment of watching. So yeah I am saying OSU, Bama and the likes are like Lia Thomas or Imane Khelif.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT