ADVERTISEMENT

looking at the 18 commits by position

Hawkeye2222

HR MVP
Dec 21, 2014
QB Boyle can run but needs to work on throwing

RB Higdon is a very solid back out of a speed state FLA and a FLA top 100 player

ATH Cook 6'5 looks like a interesting possibility at QB or TE with his ability to run at that height is a intriguing option at QB

ATH Hockaday is slated for LB will add speed to the LB position at any of the 3 LB position

TE Vejvoda he was his teams starting Slot WR and split out to the WR position

WR Falconer out of FLA has the speed for a good WR but time will tell on him

WR Ogwo was a track sprinter on the JR USA Olympic Team out of TX

WR Smith a TX top 100 in 10 games avg'd 121.6 ypg on avg og 6.8 cpg

OL Levi P 6'6 275 lbs before Doyle

OL Landen P 6'6 285 lbs before Doyle

OL Waechter 6'5 265 listed by Rival before Doyle already enrolled

OL Daniels the highest rated player in this class 6'4 275 lbs before Doyle

DE Nelson 6'6 210 lbs before Doyle

DE Reiff 6'4 215 lbs before Doyle already enrolled

DE Slater 6'3 265 lbs could move inside to DT played RB/DE/LB for his team so as far as the agility to play the DT Position and LTP came in at 230 lbs as a DE. Doyle put 60 lbs on him, so another one that Doyle can mold as he sees fit

DT Newborg 6'3 271 lbs before Doyle

LB Jinnings 6'1 210 lbs out of TX before Doyle

LB Ojemuda 6'2 195 lbs the coaches told him he will be the SS, good height weight and speed for a SS maybe another 10-15 lbs of muscle would not hurt.

when I look at this group it is a solid group, what I like is the fact is that they got their 4 skill players from TX and FLA.

so many rip Kirk lost out on a S that went to Nevada and they ended up with a Ojemuda who is bigger and just as fast if not faster that is a total wash as IA only needed one S in this class, with Daniels going to OSU there were some higher profile coach that screwed the pooch on that one and if anybody needs tom fired it should be Kingsbury.

as he lost a legacy recruit to another in conference team, in this case since IA already has a player to fill that 4th spot on the DL, that as of now is a wash as so many tell me STARS DON'T matter once they step foot on campus.

they are in on these for LB recruits Whalen 6'1 218 lbs, Garbutt 6'2 218 lbs and Hall 6'3 208 lbs any of those will be good addition and if IA stops at 19 that still means that this ends up a better class than the 2014 class and that class had 20 commits.

I find it hilarious you actually took the time to post this drivel.

What would be better would be to list out every player committed and then each players other offers from power 5 conferences.

Get to work.

why the hate for these players before they even get on campus let alone sign their LOI's, what's the matter now that IA is getting more 3* recruits vs 2* recruits ,you now have to start trashing players because the lack of Power 5 schools, also if you payed attention I did not mention any stars. so unless you looked it up you have no clue what their star ratings were, now would you?

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

why the hate for these players before they even get on campus let alone sign their LOI's, what's the matter now that IA is getting more 3* recruits vs 2* recruits ,you now have to start trashing players because the lack of Power 5 schools, also if you payed attention I did not mention any stars. so unless you looked it up you have no clue what their star ratings were, now would you?
roll.r191677.gif

Neither did I you brain dead idiot. Now get to searching. You said yourself that it took you a while to figure out what conference Old Dominion is in, so I will check back in this thread around July to see if you have all the info posted.

Basically OP knows as much as the next guy on any of these recruits. How much film have you watched on any of these recruits or do you just read same sites being the expert you are. Why don't you list their favorite color as it is as telling as the useless info you listed for each player that had zero insight on their future potential.

Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:
Basically OP knows as much as the next guy on any of these recruits. How much film have you watched on any of these recruits or do you just read same sites being the expert you are. Why don't you list their favorite color as it is as telling as the useless info you listed for each player that had zero insight on their future potential.
Um... no. Anyone who has been on the board through his 6 user names understands that he knows much less than the next guy when it comes to football, recruiting, reading, or counting to 10.

That's alot of typing, for a bottom half conference, and 40 some nationally ranked class.
7-6 weak arse schedule, and bowl loss blow out.
That's where Iowa football is now. Until proven different, that's all they are.

the skill players I did watch and they add that something that IA has been missing the past few seasons, no sense in watching videos of OL/DL as that does not tell the whole story about those players ability. as for you that's FB go EFF yourself . you want to know look it up yourself or can't you do that much. that you need somebody to lead you by the nose?

PS the height of the OL and DL are very telling. IA is going after bigger OL and DL, oh by the way the class ranking is based on the number of recruits each team has and IA only has 19 commits and all those in front of them have 20+ giving those teams more points,

also that 2011 class was rated 30th by Rivals and 25th by TOS and that class will be RSSR's this fall and this years team should have something the last few teams did not have and that will be a true RB, and you morons forget that in 2013 IA finished 2nd to BT Champion MSU in the Legend division.

but hey why lert that fact get in the way of your BS rants.
This post was edited on 1/31 11:07 AM by Hawkeye2222

the skill players I did watch and they add that something that IA has been missing the past few seasons, no sense in watching videos of OL/DL as that does not tell the whole story about those players ability. as for you that's FB go EFF yourself . you want to know look it up yourself or can't you do that much. that you need somebody to lead you by the nose?
No... I want you to look that info up for me, since you apparently have no life and enjoy it. I just want you to post all Power 5 conference offers by player for me. You should love doing that would give you something to brag about in future posts besides 2* RB Hitchens becoming a NFL draft pick.

mv homer it sure is funny how you ignore that 2013 season. where they finished 2nd in the Legend division to BT Champion MSU then you truly are a Moron.

2014 was the last season played. Why don't you bring up the 1985 team while your at it.
Oh and I think you need not capitalize moron, but I'll check on that.

sorry you go look it up and have fun posting on ignore so bye bye A** WIPE
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I'm not worried. You are too stupid to figure out how to look up what conference Old Dominion is in, too stupid to use the quote function, so my guess is that you are also too stupid to figure out how to ignore a poster.

No, not a single one. That"s the problem. KF and his band of goons are really recruiting well aren"t they? Scrambling to fill the class with fallback recruits from the fallbacks that they missed on. Poaching the MAC teams, keep it up Kirk.

So what do the skill position recruits bring that iowa has been missing for sometime? Let me guess your answer will be speed.

Right now I see a class that tops out as 10th best among 4 sites for the conference.

I would say that RB Higdon is a difference maker and actually may play this fall if not start, there is a reason why he was one of the state of FLA top 100.

WR Smith is another that may see the field if not start he too was a TX top 100 player and as I pointed out in 10 games he avg'd `121.6 yards per game on a avg of 6.8 catches per game for a 17.88 yards per catch

WR Ogwo a JR USA Olympic track sprinter could see the field on ST returning KO or punts,

C Daniel may not be a skill player but he is by far this classes biggest commit and BF got him to commit to IA over home state school O$U and SEC power Alabama,

and the haters refuse to acknowledge this but this class has 5 4* recruits and TOS shows IA with 3 of them. and they are have just as good a reputation at evaluating talent as Rivals.

getting Daniels is a start and to expect better at this point after that 4-8 season in idiotic at best, you want improvement you got it, maybe not as fast as you think you deserve but it is improvement, the 2014 class had 2 4* recruits by 4 sites, this class has 5 4* recruits by 4 sites,

the 2016 class will be the best way to judge how well this new group of coaches can and will recruit together. the 2016 class already has a QB and RB recruit in it and the 2015 class is not even done,

there are playmakers on this team you just hate/refuse to admit it. Vejvoda the TE was his teams starting Slot WR. looks like another Duzey in his video. unless you hate Duzey and only want WR's on this team. if you would stop l;oking at the stars like some of you keep telling me, this a very good class that fill's a lot of holes and NONE of THEM will need to start nor play for 3 years,

that is how KF did in the past including that 3 year run of top 10 finishes,

Hawkeye 2222 wrote:
NONE of THEM will need to start nor play for 3 years

That is without question the dumbest statement you have ever posted.

This post was edited on 1/31 6:12 PM by Mr_Galmaster

so you have already condemned to be failures before they sign or attend a single practice? that is the single most moronic thought process I have ever seen.

but hey why am I not surprised coming from poster that hate everything about IA, Players, staff and the University in general.

It takes 2-3 yrs. to judge this class. To complain about it now makes no sense. A lot of Hawk fans think it's the number of stars and who recruits them that counts. That's not always the case. If fans want to complain about the 2011 or 2012 classes that might be different. Iowa has found some diamonds in the ruff before maybe the 2015 class will be one of those. At least I'm willing to wait before bitching.

We got a new DE commit. Looking at his highlight, you worry about his upside in terms of size/athleticism, but the guy 1. sheds blocks, and 2. finishes. We needed that this year. Badly. He's a hit and wrap tackler. So, you like that. I wonder if he gets kicked inside like some of the Karl Klug types in the past.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/834243/highlights/215756375

Originally posted by dbrocket:
We got a new DE commit. Looking at his highlight, you worry about his upside in terms of size/athleticism, but the guy 1. sheds blocks, and 2. finishes. We needed that this year. Badly. He's a hit and wrap tackler. So, you like that. I wonder if he gets kicked inside like some of the Karl Klug types in the past.
At a Nike camp he was 6-1 243lbs and had a 40 time of 5.1. I'd guess he starts inside when he gains weight. These numbers are from the summer, so he could be in the 255-260lbs range by now.

I don't really mind the class but keep in mind they aren't here yet. I think you can scratch one of the best ( the running back from Florida ). Don't know about any of the rest.

You lost me at Boyle needs to work on throwing.
Saw him in the last two champioship games.
Hit about 14 of 16 at one point against CRX two years ago - mostly on the run with a defense that has 2 guys on Iowa's roster ane farther downfield more than we usually throw.
Did the same vs CR Wash which had some good athletes also.
You are clueless...

Let's get off this Doyle crap. Every team in the BIG now has at least an equal to him.

"Let's stop saying positive things about the football program we all (ostensibly) like."

PS the height of the OL and DL are very telling. IA is going after bigger OL and DL, oh by the way the class ranking is based on the number of recruits each team has and IA only has 19 commits and all those in front of them have 20+ giving those teams more points,

also that 2011 class was rated 30th by Rivals and 25th by TOS and that class will be RSSR's this fall and this years team should have something the last few teams did not have and that will be a true RB, and you morons forget that in 2013 IA finished 2nd to BT Champion MSU in the Legend division.

but hey why lert that fact get in the way of your BS rants.
This post was edited on 1/31 11:07 AM by Hawkeye2222
You could not be more wrong and this shows how little you know about football. There is so much that goes into making a OL/DL good. Leverage and technique are just the tip of the iceberg. By watching film you gain a lot on where a player is both development wise and skill wise. OL and DL matchups are some of the most fun battles to watch on film, it is a non-stop chess match of skill, strategy, and technique. Games are won and lost in the trenches and by watching film you gain a knowledge of where a player is at in the game.

This is how Ohio St won it's national championship and just by watching the game you could tell the skill level, technical ability and knowledge of the position those OSU players have. OL/DL you don't look at measurables as much as you do game film of their technical abilities, skill in leverage and positioning, and explosiveness in getting off the ball.

I saw the Pella kid in the semis and finals this year. CRX and SCH are pretty good high school teams and htey both had nobody who could handle him..
Looks like a good prospect. Needs to get a Mitch King attitude and let loose....
This post was edited on 2/1 8:26 AM by DogBoyRy

Originally posted by Mr_Galmaster:
1. sheds blocks, and 2. finishes

Its a big difference between who Pella plays and the Big Ten
It is. That's why we can't know until they play. But he looks good in these areas.

I don't like how we have 10 recruits from Iowa. That's just too many from a state that doesn't produce a lot of D1 talent.

I would rather have 10 Iowa kids that are for hard Hawkeyes and have grade A work ethics than other Midwest talent that are picking Iowa over MAC schools and didn't grow up a hawkeye fan.

But is much rather have 5.7 3 star kids and better that Iowa beat top 25 teams for....but 99% of us know that's not going to happen with the current staff more than a couple times a year.

phxclub who did IA lose exactly as IA's top recruit is already enrolled in school.

please enlighten me ?

to add to this list Wilson a 6'2 205 lb was a 2014 1st team All State and helped lead his team QB'd by Boyle to the 4A championship, as for coment on Boyles ability to throw the Boyle that was a shot at the crowd that he will never be a QB because he couldn't throw, actually I like Boyle and I also like Cook to get their shot at QB.

OMG

I got hit by sarcasim from Kilroy - ffing kill me now.

FYI - I also got to see Cook live 5 times - 4 times at C Falls and (usally don't go to the 1A games but did last two years with Cook playing) also went to the Regina vs CRX game.
He's got all the tools as well as Boyle.

Boyle upside = Tate.Also - I see no other position for him. Anyone who knows fball and has seen him play live please correct me.
Cook upside = Stanzi plus. Also can play other psotiions due to size and skills.

Others can complain about the # of Iowa recruits in this class - I'm ok but admit a couple were stretchs. Key will be the QB's and if the Paulson boys can develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT