ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for a good place pre-game...

kegan

HR MVP
Jun 23, 2003
We plan to be in town for the game this weekend and are looking for a fun, family friendly (two kids in tow) spot to enjoy some Hawkeye spirit, good food and beer before the game.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
The Swarm has a tailgate at the top of the hotel on the south side of Melrose outside Kinnick. They don't ID or ask if member. You have to purchase your food and drink, but you may like that. Otherwise just general south side of Kinnick along Melrose. Plenty of food and merch vendors there pregame.

After the game if you hang out by the Kinnick statue on the south side of the stadium, the players all come out there if you want to see anyone or try to get an autograph. Coaches usually head back over to the football building after game and interviews are done.

Reactions: ichawk24 and kegan
And also the marching band still does a pregame performance in the rec center building on the NW side of Kinnick. Would need to look up what time they start that.

The atheletic department email before the Rutgers game said the band played at rec building at 1:15pm. With us playing another 2:30 game, I'm guessing the band will perform at the same time.

Reactions: pistachio1999
The atheletic department email before the Rutgers game said the band played at rec building at 1:15pm. With us playing another 2:30 game, I'm guessing the band will perform at the same time.
I'd love to go watch them again, but I hate fighting crowds when everyone is trying to enter Kinnick at the same time just before the game.

With it being senior day people will try getting in earlier so as not to miss out on that pregame also.

And one last last comment. The team buses arrive 2 hours prior to game time at the south end of Kinnick and players and coaches do the walk into Kinnick then. Lines can get 8 to 10 deep if you don't get there a little early if into that kind of thing.

This week's email came out, the band is playing at 1:15pm.

The swarm is early this week at 2:20, with senior day festivities at 2:23. Kickoff at 2:35.

Plan to be in your seat by 2:15. See you all there.

This week's email came out, the band is playing at 1:15pm.

The swarm is early this week at 2:20, with senior day festivities at 2:23. Kickoff at 2:35.

Plan to be in your seat by 2:15. See you all there.
It will take longer than 12 minutes to introduce the Seniors and do the coin flip. Kickoff will probably be more like 2:40 or so.

I'll be there, but no cheering. I have no voice due to sinus drainage.

Good suggestions.

The Senior Day thing, because it involves Noah Shannon, makes me think fans will be in their seats earlier than normal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT