ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Madison will be the new Ferguson

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Angry protestors assembling over the shooting of a 19 year old kid that was assaulting people when the police were called in.
Liberal media assembling in force.

CNN link

How in the hell can the dude's mom say he isn't a violent person when he pled guilty to armed robbery?

This ish gets old. Don't attack cops and you won't get shot. Simple concept.

Police responded to a teen out in traffic, then allegedly strangling someone, assaults the cop. Then gets shot.

Mom claims her son wasn't a violent person, however he has a armed robbery charge on his rap sheet from within the last couple years....

Swag is skeptical of this kid being an innocent, yet will wait for everything to shake out.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This comment in the article puzzled me a bit:

"She said Madison police park on street corners in African-American neighborhoods and wait for something to happen, which leads to residents being hassled. That doesn't happen in white neighborhoods, she said."

Shouldn't citizens want police to be there ready to respond when "something happens"? I always thought the main complaint in minority communities was they they were unpoliced and thus went to rack and ruin and became infested with crime. Now this complaint seems to be that the police are keeping them too safe.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

"She said Madison police park on street corners in African-American neighborhoods and wait for something to happen, which leads to residents being hassled. That doesn't happen in white neighborhoods, she said."

Shouldn't citizens want police to be there ready to respond when "something happens"?  I always thought the main complaint in minority communities was they they were unpoliced and thus went to rack and ruin and became infested with crime.  Now this complaint seems to be that the police are keeping them too safe.  

I was also very perplexed about what issue she had with this. Police have saved more black lives then about anyone I can think of.

If a person looked at real crime statistics on a map to determine where the optimal positioning of squad cars should be, I'm not sure why we should be surprised that it might include a lot of black neighborhoods.

This doesn't mean they should harass the locals, but nobody should be surprised that they are there, and their very presence may evoke a little mischief one might guess.

Watched the video. IDK if this was the mother or what but, "I think the cop shot him, because he was afraid of him." Duh

Originally posted by bdg8:

How in the hell can the dude's mom say he isn't a violent person when he pled guilty to armed robbery?

He was only involved because the "man" kept in down!!!

He was turning his life around, he was a good boy.

The white devil done killed him!

Haven't we heard the tired old story over and over?

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:
Police responded to a teen out in traffic, then allegedly strangling someone, assaults the cop. Then gets shot.

Mom claims her son wasn't a violent person, however he has a armed robbery charge on his rap sheet from within the last couple years....

Swag is skeptical of this kid being an innocent, yet will wait for everything to shake out.
Dude had a violent arrest record and had plead guilty to armed robbery.

but you know........racist cops.

Originally posted by Hawk i...ountry:

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

Dude had a violent arrest record and had plead guilty to armed robbery.

but you know........racist cops.
Is there any other kind?

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

Do your kids go to OU by chance?

Looks like they got the hands up dance down

anigif_enhanced-buzz-757-1377484111-1.gif

Second person this officer has shot and killed (first was a "suicide by cop"). Some cops go there whole career without taking their gun out of the holster and this guy was lucky enough to shoot and kill two people. Right place, right time.

Originally posted by fredjr82:
Second person this officer has shot and killed (first was a "suicide by cop"). Some cops go there whole career without taking their gun out of the holster and this guy was lucky enough to shoot and kill two people. Right place, right time.
This. Every cop is faced with the same circumstances in their career . . . JFC.

Shouldn't citizens want police to be there ready to respond when "something happens"? I always thought the main complaint in minority communities was they they were unpoliced and thus went to rack and ruin and became infested with crime. Now this complaint seems to be that the police are keeping them too safe.
Though I live in a very white/safe neighborhood, I will take a cop sitting at the corner of my block any day of the week 24/7 and would be grateful for it. If you're not a law abiding citizen, I can see how it irritates you.

Originally posted by herkyhawk00:

Though I live in a very white/safe neighborhood, I will take a cop sitting at the corner of my block any day of the week 24/7 and would be grateful for it. If you're not a law abiding citizen, I can see how it irritates you.
The speaker even admits the police wait there until there is a call requiring them to act. Its not like they are stopping and frisking every black person as they walk down the street. You know there are some real problems with some police departments in this nation. But when people cry wolf about every cop, it makes it hard to deal with the real issues.

It's very similar to those who complain about speeding cameras, yet, they only fine you when you are going 10 mph or more over the speed limit. Don't speed and it won't be an issue.

Originally posted by BondHawk:
This will all blow over quickly - Madison is 7% Black, Ferguson is about 60% Black. Not quite as exciting for the media to cover.
They will bus them in.

As someone who lives in Madison and has lived in a few other cities I can tell you that the Madison police department is one of the most lenient police departments I have come across. I have seen college kids (black ones at that) call cops names as they walk by and do almost nothing. Having lived in Iowa City I can tell you the Madison police department is so much more laid back it is almost ridiculous.

There is a group up here called Young, Black, and Gifted and they wrote a public letter to the police department with the wish that the police remove their presence from "black" neighborhoods as they are not wanted. If that removal did ever happen (it won't) then I bet as soon as something bad happens this same group will be whining about how they are ignored. It's time for the black community here (and perhaps in other places) to start taking accountability.

Originally posted by tWarnerHawk:

Originally posted by Arbitr8:

Do your kids go to OU by chance?
No not al all, however my post went right over your head, what I stated was word for word what was said in Ferguson and for the record at just about every police shooting in America.

Get over it

Originally posted by herkyhawk00:

Same here herkyhawk. I live a mile west of Wrigley Field, pretty good neighborhood. I would have no problem with a cop car sitting at the corner for hours on end. But they would be closer to crime parked elsewhere, where more crimes happen. I don't think CPD does that parking thing though, they are busy with too much bad stuff going on.

With the nice weather we've had cops on horses and bikes on North Michigan Avenue. Sweet gig for the police, and the tourists like it.

This is what I don't get.

...the fact that Tony was involved in any kind of transgression in the past has nothing to do with this present tragedy."

Really? The cop wasn't told, "Careful, this dude is probably armed as he just pled guilty to armed robbery" by dispatch? Why not? He should have been. It's 100% relevant to the story...just as the fact that this cops shot someone before is, as well. Suddenly we all live in a vacuum and all incidents have nothing to do with one another. Bullshit.

Very interesting to go back 6 years and get peoples perspectives on these types of events..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT