ADVERTISEMENT

LSU baseball game ends on a clock violation

Unless that video is edited, that wasn't even 20 seconds. The umpire called the violation at about 16 or 17 seconds.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Article says this is a SEC rule but this has to be an all D1 college baseball thing right? I know FSU had a guy called out for same thing against TCU. Seems way over the top to call it so fast for last out with a guy on base. Really unnecessarily cheapened the win.

I read on the enternet this morning the FSU is going to leave the ACC. Is that true?
Our AD talked about how FSU receives $30mil less every year than schools in the SEC and B1G which severely limits the ability to compete with schools in those conferences. The buyout to leave is $120mil. Getting out of the GOR will be more difficult.

I think this was a shot across the bow of the ACC.

Reactions: pepsicock
Our AD talked about how FSU receives $30mil less every year than schools in the SEC and B1G which severely limits the ability to compete with schools in those conferences. The buyout to leave is $120mil. Getting out of the GOR will be more difficult.

FSU at Kinnick to open the 2027 conference season has a nice ring to it …

Article says this is a SEC rule but this has to be an all D1 college baseball thing right? I know FSU had a guy called out for same thing against TCU. Seems way over the top to call it so fast for last out with a guy on base. Really unnecessarily cheapened the win.
My understanding is that the entire NCAA has a 20-second pitch clock, but the SEC also implemented additional rules regarding things like the start of an inning and after pitching changes.

I have no problem with the rule only how it seemed to be enforced in this situation.
Don't know enough about the rule to judge the situation but baseball has become so ridiculous on delaying things I am ok with it

I would hate to see FSU leave ACC because that is lame schedule for clemmy in football.

I read on the enternet this morning the FSU is going to leave the ACC. Is that true?
The AD launched a formal declaration of war to our board of trustees yesterday that we are by far the main money maker in ACC and the current conditions are unacceptable. Also kept bringing Clemson in picture as also clearly in same spot leading to speculation the schools have already aligned and are already talking with SEC and BIG as package deal. Interesting thing is I have heard the grant of rights deal and penalty document is not public and can not be looked at except for at the ACC and there have been a ton of lawyers from several schools visiting to have a look. Speculation is it is not rock solid due to several factors including the change to other conferences GOR being so much more and if enough schools leave.

My understanding is that the entire NCAA has a 20-second pitch clock, but the SEC also implemented additional rules regarding things like the start of an inning and after pitching changes.
So was this the SEC rule? If so that is extra BS and should not happen. Conferences should not get their own special tweaks to fundamental rules for playing a game. Sure you can require certain equipment and have things maybe like replay, but adding changes to actual rules of game seems suspect because unfair to road teams not in conference.

So was this the SEC rule? If so that is extra BS and should not happen. Conferences should not get their own special tweaks to fundamental rules for playing a game. Sure you can require certain equipment and have things maybe like replay, but adding changes to actual rules of game seems suspect because unfair to road teams not in conference.
The SEC rules that go beyond the NCAA rules are in effect for all conference games. They are in effect for non-conference games as well provided that the opposing team agrees. If the opposing team does not agree then the standard NCAA rules apply.

I’m not sure what rules were in effect for this particular game, but as I mentioned earlier, the umpire didn’t even give the batter 20 seconds to get ready.

Reactions: noleclone2
The SEC rules that go beyond the NCAA rules are in effect for all conference games. They are in effect for non-conference games as well provided that the opposing team agrees. If the opposing team does not agree then the standard NCAA rules apply.

I’m not sure what rules were in effect for this particular game, but as I mentioned earlier, the umpire didn’t even give the batter 20 seconds to get ready.
Agree. Just seems to be a slippery slope to allow conferences to start adding their own spin to fundamental rules of any traditional sport.

Reactions: funksouljon
This rule is totally ridiculous. Not nearly enough time to step out of the box, tap the dirt off each shoe, then shuffle feet to make holes in the dirt, put the bat on the ground to adjust each glove, wiggle the elbow pad, flip batter's helmet up and down, shift the nut cup, wiggle the butt, take three practice swings, elevate the elbows, and then bring the bat into position to swing. This is preposterous and anti-American.

This rule is totally ridiculous. Not nearly enough time to step out of the box, tap the dirt off each shoe, then shuffle feet to make holes in the dirt, put the bat on the ground to adjust each glove, wiggle the elbow pad, flip batter's helmet up and down, shift the nut cup, wiggle the butt, take three practice swings, elevate the elbows, and then bring the bat into position to swing. This is preposterous and anti-American.

Who else knew that Uro was Nomar Garciaparra?

• Haha
This rule is so stupid and will be even stupider in MLB. What’s the point; outside of tv rights if they have another program. Why is everyone in such a hurry in life? If you don’t want to go because the game is too long; either don’t go or leave early. Baseball, well sports in general, are supposed to be a “forget about life for awhile” event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Braves game ended in a tie today with the same problem. Looked like the catcher wasn’t even close to ready but the batter was called out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT