ADVERTISEMENT

LSU & IOWA meet the media on Easter Sunday. Lisa hopes she can talk to the officials this year

full text of the tweet:

Flau’jae Johnson, Angel Reese, and Hailey Van Lith full or praise and respect for Caitlin Clark and the Hawkeyes.

Flau’Jae: “No stopping her. Only hope to contain her.”

Angel: “It’s not personal. Me and Caitlin Clark DON’T hate each other … after the game we can kick it.”

Hailey: energy in that title game made me want to be on this team.

I’ve encountered Jeff 3-4 times for extended periods. Always, always came across as an idiot and a tool.
You have to love how some out there will do a 180 as soon as someone says something nice. We have years of evidence showing the type of person Kim is. We have over a year of evidence to see the true Angel. These statements don't change what or who they really are.

full text of tweet:

One of many role players I talked to for Iowa was Taylor McCabe. She may only get one shot vs. LSU. How does she stay ready to make it?

"Even if I only get in for 10 seconds, I’m looking for (my shot). I try not to get too high and not too low on the bench. Just try to have that shooter’s mindset. I feel like I can make a difference.”

full text of tweet:

Gabbie Marshall will be guarding LSU’s Flau’jae Johnson, who had 24 points and 12 rebounds vs. UCLA.

Marshall today: “She's kind of been their emotional leader lately. She's elevated her game tremendously over the last year, and she can score it all three levels. So I'm just going to have to lock her down defensively.”

This is Iowa's most difficult opponent. It's so much more a head game than any other they could face in the E8. Where I like Iowa's matchup chances against USC, UConn, and Texas, and getting a game against SC would be house money against an undefeated superteam, this one is the early boss level.

Absolute toss-up how this thing will play out.

This is Iowa's most difficult opponent. It's so much more a head game than any other they could face in the E8. Where I like Iowa's matchup chances against USC, UConn, and Texas, and getting a game against SC would be house money against an undefeated superteam, this one is the early boss level.

Absolute toss-up how this thing will play out.

Will the refs T Mulkey up when she does this?

FsvTFd0WcAAK5lD.jpg:large

If Angel Reese was on the Iowa team, no one on here would think she is “trashy.” Words like “fierce competitor” would most commonly be brought up.

Kim Mulkey is just weird, but she would be defended vociferously if she had led Iowa to national championships.

Some of you guys take this shit too personally. And FTR, and yes, I’m going to be that guy, but we’re talking about women’s basketball. Women’s. Basketball.

If Angel Reese was on the Iowa team, no one on here would think she is “trashy.” Words like “fierce competitor” would most commonly be brought up.

Kim Mulkey is just weird, but she would be defended vociferously if she had led Iowa to national championships.

Some of you guys take this shit too personally. And FTR, and yes, I’m going to be that guy, but we’re talking about women’s basketball. Women’s. Basketball.
I don’t take it personally. I look at it realistically. A few of the players and their coach is trash. Simple for me. I would not want one of our players to act like that as well as our coach. If they like it at LSU then fine. I don’t want it.

That’s what they want. They want you to take your guard down. Relax a bit. Not US but the players.
Heck with them. Have a killer attitude Hawks.

I just noticed something. All of the Regional final games are a #1 vs a #3.

#3 Oregon State
#1 South Carolina

#3 NC State
#1 Texas

#3 LSU
#1 IOWA

#3 UConn
#1 USC

Talking trash with players on the court is part of the game. When a player resorts to pulling an opponents hair then it turns into being a thug on the court.

It's not that simple. You can't just plug and play without considering the related factors.

1. Would Bluder recruit Reese?
2. Would Reese act like she does now if she was on Bluder's team? She probably wouldn't get away with a lot of the stuff she does without Mulkey intimidating the refs. They're scared to T her up.
3. We've seen plenty of Iowa fans wish for Clark to tone it down, you can bet they'd say the same of Reese.

Talking trash with players on the court is part of the game. When a player resorts to pulling an opponents hair then it turns into being a thug on the court.
Agreed. It’s the taunting of opponents they’ve just beaten that is what makes her such a cruel person IMO though. Her taunting Caitlin last year is not an isolated incident. She did it yesterday to the UCLA bench when she fouled out and in the game before to the Middle Tenn player who fouled out and was in tears. Just an awful human being all the way around.

I just noticed something. All of the Regional final games are a #1 vs a #3.

#3 Oregon State
#1 South Carolina

#3 NC State
#1 Texas

#3 LSU
#1 IOWA

#3 UConn
#1 USC
Honestly this fall in line with the folks who think the seeding were contrived for matchups and TV ratings. The womens game is generally pretty much chalk. Certainly LSU and Uconn could have been 2 seeds.

Might be the most sexist thing I've read on this board. Kudos. It's JUST women's basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT