ADVERTISEMENT

LSU & IOWA meet the media on Easter Sunday. Lisa hopes she can talk to the officials this year

If Angel Reese was on the Iowa team, no one on here would think she is “trashy.” Words like “fierce competitor” would most commonly be brought up.

Kim Mulkey is just weird, but she would be defended vociferously if she had led Iowa to national championships.

Some of you guys take this shit too personally. And FTR, and yes, I’m going to be that guy, but we’re talking about women’s basketball. Women’s. Basketball.
I really don't think her stalking a player on the other team after the game was over to taunt her while not really seeming to care about winning a championship would have played well with the Iowa fan base. They likely would have forgiven her...if it was just that. But whatever she did to have to get benched on LS fricken U likely would have been the last straw for many fans. Especially since the details of that would have leaked, unlike what happened with Reese (was it really grades? I don't think that was it...). I don't think Iowa fans would have backed her, but they would have tolerated her as long as she kept performing. I don't think many would stand by her if she hit a rough patch with the quality of her play.

If Angel Reese was on the Iowa team, no one on here would think she is “trashy.” Words like “fierce competitor” would most commonly be brought up.

Kim Mulkey is just weird, but she would be defended vociferously if she had led Iowa to national championships.

Some of you guys take this shit too personally. And FTR, and yes, I’m going to be that guy, but we’re talking about women’s basketball. Women’s. Basketball.
If Angel Reese was on the Iowa team, her coach would not put up with her antics.
And Kim Mulkey is a lot of things, but weird is not one of them. She's obnoxious and a generally unpleasant person to deal with. She's Bob Knight and PJ Fleck in a sequined pants suit.

Do you read your stuff? Anytime you complain over and over and over on a message board, it’s personal…,just sayin’🤷‍♂️

Lol...............no.

Reactions: cmhawks99
full text of the tweet:

Flau’jae Johnson, Angel Reese, and Hailey Van Lith full or praise and respect for Caitlin Clark and the Hawkeyes.

Flau’Jae: “No stopping her. Only hope to contain her.”

Angel: “It’s not personal. Me and Caitlin Clark DON’T hate each other … after the game we can kick it.”

Hailey: energy in that title game made me want to be on this team.

Angel Reese on her taunting Caitlin Clark: "It's not personal...."

Reactions: Franisdaman
‘T’ her up and after the second word out of her mouth give her a second. Then when she goes postal on the way out, one more.

officials are strictly enforcing players not wearing jewelry (no nose rings, Notre Dame!)

why aren't they enforcing where coaches are allowed on the court?

FsvTFd0WcAAK5lD.jpg:large

Is Chad right? Would Iowa fans love her if she were a Hawkeye?

Chad should stay in his lane. That's a BS thing to say. Iowa would NEVER recruit someone like AR. She starts fights, she pulls other players' hair (see it for yourself on YouTube). But if someone as horrible as AR were to sneak into a Hawkeye uniform, I assure you I'd hate her just as much as I do now. She's a hypocritical thug. Her actions make that perfectly clear. She, her trash coach, and her trash team need to head back to the Bayou Monday night with another loss on their resume. If there's any justice in the college basketball world, that's exactly what will happen. And I hope never to see AR or any of the rest of that bunch ever again. And that would be way too soon.

Hey, pal, don't tell others what we'd think. Did we love Steve Alford or Pierre Pierce? LOL

I'll speak for myself: No, I hated Alford as the Iowa basketball coach and loved it when he slipped outta town. And AR and her coach would be justly reviled if, by some gawd-awful mistake, they were in Iowa City.

Maybe you're taking this too personally, judging from your post. Back off, buddy.

Last edited:
officials are strictly enforcing players not wearing jewelry (no nose rings, Notre Dame!)

I could care alot less about jewelry then girls with the long fingernails. Saw one yesterday that had to be 2-3 inches long. Thats WAY more unsafe, and has to lead to some pretty bad cuts and scratches....

Hey, pal, don't tell others what we'd think. Did we love Steve Alford? LOL

I'll speak for myself: No, I hated Alford as the Iowa basketball coach and loved it when he slipped outta town. And AR and her coach would be justly reviled if, by some gawd-awful mistake, they were in Iowa City.

Maybe you're taking this too personally, judging from your post. Back off, buddy.

Oh the irony.

I could care alot less about jewelry then girls with the long fingernails. Saw one yesterday that had to be 2-3 inches long. Thats WAY more unsafe, and has to lead to some pretty bad cuts and scratches....
I've played many co-ed pick-up games, some with female US Marines, and I always came out of those games with multiple deep scratches from the women's fingernails, so yes, absolutely, the long fingernails need to be clipped, literally.

Hey, pal, don't tell others what we'd think. Did we love Steve Alford? LOL

Steve Alford didn’t do shit at Iowa. What a dumb comparison.

Winning changes a lot of people’s minds. Iowa fans would be no different.

But, yeah, we’ll go with the whole “Iowa Nice, holier-than-thou-art, Christian values” bullshit and actually believe that the Iowa fan base would never accept anyone like Reese if she helped Iowa win a natty. Of course. Sure. 😊

You guys are too easily triggered. LMAO.

Oh, yeah, and I take women’s basketball so personally. You’re a genius. You got me. 😝

Reactions: peacehawk and WSC72

i forget what game it was but a player somehow got her wig knocked off where BOTH teams surrounded her (so that cameras could not see what was going on) to help her get it back on and right.

Steve Alford didn’t do shit at Iowa. What a dumb comparison.

Winning changes a lot of people’s minds. Iowa fans would be no different.

But, yeah, we’ll go with the whole “Iowa Nice, holier-than-thou-art, Christian values” bullshit and actually believe that the Iowa fan base would never accept anyone like Reese if she helped Iowa win a natty. Of course. Sure. 😊

You guys are too easily triggered. LMAO.

Oh, yeah, and I take women’s basketball so personally. You’re a genius. You got me. 😝
You are an idiot. Congrats.

• Haha
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
i’m getting a weird premonition for tomorrow. lsu scores and goes up 2. 0.6 seconds remain. iowa has no TOs. game over? inbounds pass to cc who redirects/flings the ball full court length nothing but net. it’s an insane moment. crowd goes nuts. national audience stunned. greatest finish ever. officials go to replay to confirm that cc got the shot off in time. she did. tv announcers call the game. but wait a second. ncaa bureaucrat in pittsburgh spots invalid movement of cc’s left foot on overhead camera. lsu wins. mulkey says the call was obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT