ADVERTISEMENT

LSU & IOWA meet the media on Easter Sunday. Lisa hopes she can talk to the officials this year

Chad should stay in his lane. That's a BS thing to say. Iowa would NEVER recruit someone like AR. She starts fights, she pulls other players' hair (see it for yourself on YouTube). But if someone as horrible as AR were to sneak into a Hawkeye uniform, I assure you I'd hate her just as much as I do now. She's a hypocritical thug. Her actions make that perfectly clear. She, her trash coach, and her trash team need to head back to the Bayou Monday night with another loss on their resume. If there's any justice in the college basketball world, that's exactly what will happen. And I hope never to see AR or any of the rest of that bunch ever again. And that would be way too soon.
First of all Lisa doesn't recruit that sort of player. She doesn't fit in with Iowa's typical recruit.

If Angel Reese was on the Iowa team, no one on here would think she is “trashy.” Words like “fierce competitor” would most commonly be brought up.

Kim Mulkey is just weird, but she would be defended vociferously if she had led Iowa to national championships.

Some of you guys take this shit too personally. And FTR, and yes, I’m going to be that guy, but we’re talking about women’s basketball. Women’s. Basketball.
So much douche all over this post.

I don’t know where to start.

Clark will need to shoot well from 3-point range. Hold their own on the boards.

Hopeful for a win tomorrow night - Go Hawks!
Honestly, I would rather Clark drive and dish to either Martin or Marshall who may be open for the 3. I think we are in great shape if Marshall shoots 10-11 three pointers instead of Clark. Clark just needs to drive, take the lanes when given, and get to the line and leave the majority of threes to Marshall, Martin, and Affolter.

Talking trash with players on the court is part of the game. When a player resorts to pulling an opponents hair then it turns into being a thug on the court.
Should watch the old Celtics vs Laker games. Lots of thugs out there. Several of them in the Hall of Fame. Things get heated and you just have to fight through it.

Comparing Caitlin and Angel...

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It's like comparing Jordan and Rodman.

One is famous because of their basketball greatness, the other is famous for their antics on/off the court. (And even then... Angel wishes she had half the impact that Rodman had on a basketball game)

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Nah, it's a concerted effort to walk back their disrespect in the title game and not give Iowa any more revenge fuel than they already have. F them.
I don’t mind so much the on court in your face antics by Reese near the end of the game. What I found more disrespectful, was the handful of LSU players during the postgame celebration getting the mic where they’d normally say how happy they are and praise to their teammates. Instead they decided to use that time to lecture Caitlyn about respect. Talk about disrespectful.

And that’s why if you’re a parent and your daughter is a D1 basketball recruit, you feel good about her going to Iowa because you know the coach and people there care about her and will look after her. Case in point, Ava Jones. THIS is why I love our coach and what she’s built here and I’d never trade her for someone like Mulkey, even if it means we never win a national championship.

Reactions: Franisdaman
If Angel Reese was on the Iowa team, no one on here would think she is “trashy.” Words like “fierce competitor” would most commonly be brought up.

Kim Mulkey is just weird, but she would be defended vociferously if she had led Iowa to national championships.

Some of you guys take this shit too personally. And FTR, and yes, I’m going to be that guy, but we’re talking about women’s basketball. Women’s. Basketball.
Reese is trashy; hair pulling, childish mannerisms on the court, elbowing Molly Davis in the face last year on an inbound play, etc. And I'm surprised Clark wasn't 'T'd up' a few times with her actions on the court. As far as the hypothetical of either of them at Iowa:
1) If Reese can't make grades at Maryland, she wouldn't make it at Iowa, either.
2) Not sure if Iowa would want someone like Mulkey with the baggage she brings OR Mulkey wanting to come to Iowa - not 'high profile' enough.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
That was the NCAA doing DEI last year, and the lauded it. First time 3 women, of color, reffed an NCG. They were garbage.

The accuracy of the calls in the LSU-Iowa game was 88%.

However, an independent review said it was much lower than that. The norm is 91%.

Link to the free story from the Associated Press:

The accuracy of the calls in the LSU-Iowa game was 88%.

However, an independent review said it was much lower than that. The norm is 91%.

Link to the free story from the Associated Press:

Exactly. While technically the T on Clark may have been fine by rule, (so they probably counted that as correct), everyone who saw that commented that it was a ridiculous call and should not have been made.

Yeah that's very telling. That tells you how the game is probably going to be called. And it was called that way. The refs had an agenda for that game.
I didn't think the officials had an agenda, just plainly in over their heads.

When 3 players have 2+ fouls and easily in the bonus early in the 2nd quarter, it totally changed the complexion of the game. That girl that went off for LSU only did so because of the foul trouble LSU was in.

Who knows whether we win or lose the game, but what we got wasn't the nat'l championship game everyone wanted. And that BS technical on Clark in the 3rd, when it gave 4 FTs to LSU and effectively put the game out of reach, no one outside the LSU bench would have said that was worth a technical foul.

full text of the tweet:

Flau’jae Johnson, Angel Reese, and Hailey Van Lith full or praise and respect for Caitlin Clark and the Hawkeyes.

Flau’Jae: “No stopping her. Only hope to contain her.”

Angel: “It’s not personal. Me and Caitlin Clark DON’T hate each other … after the game we can kick it.”

Hailey: energy in that title game made me want to be on this team.

Van Lith looks like some kind of stoned out crackhead there.

Really? You telling me LSU fans are better than us? Because there's more than a few of their fans who do.

It's not that simple. You can't just plug and play without considering the related factors.

1. Would Bluder recruit Reese?
2. Would Reese act like she does now if she was on Bluder's team? She probably wouldn't get away with a lot of the stuff she does without Mulkey intimidating the refs. They're scared to T her up.
3. We've seen plenty of Iowa fans wish for Clark to tone it down, you can bet they'd say the same of Reese.
Reese wouldn’t be eligible at Iowa.

I didn't think the officials had an agenda, just plainly in over their heads.

When 3 players have 2+ fouls and easily in the bonus early in the 2nd quarter, it totally changed the complexion of the game. That girl that went off for LSU only did so because of the foul trouble LSU was in.

Who knows whether we win or lose the game, but what we got wasn't the nat'l championship game everyone wanted. And that BS technical on Clark in the 3rd, when it gave 4 FTs to LSU and effectively put the game out of reach, no one outside the LSU bench would have said that was worth a technical foul.
Why wouldn't the refs even speak to bluder if there wasn't a little bit of an agenda going on

Why wouldn't the refs even speak to bluder if there wasn't a little bit of an agenda going on
To be clear, Bluder said she didn’t feel she could speak to them, not that they refused to. Outside of a couple instances that we’ve talked about ad nauseum since last year - I didn’t watch the game thinking it was one-sided; I thought they were simply bad and called every call possible in the first half especially.

I’m a firm believe in the cliche about never attributing to malice what could be incompetence. I think the moment was too big for the officials, and we’ve long seen that officiating in women’s hoops has been a problem. Heck, as we found out yesterday they apparently have trouble drawing/measuring the 3 point line!
I might have missed it but where was that mentioned?
Bluder mentioned in postgame that she didn’t feel she was able to speak to them.

To be clear, Bluder said she didn’t feel she could speak to them, not that they refused to. Outside of a couple instances that we’ve talked about ad nauseum since last year - I didn’t watch the game thinking it was one-sided; I thought they were simply bad and called every call possible in the first half especially.

I’m a firm believe in the cliche about never attributing to malice what could be incompetence. I think the moment was too big for the officials, and we’ve long seen that officiating in women’s hoops has been a problem. Heck, as we found out yesterday they apparently have trouble drawing/measuring the 3 point line!

Bluder mentioned in postgame that she didn’t feel she was able to speak to them.

That I saw. Thanks

Reactions: sober_teacher
Reese wouldn’t be eligible at Iowa.
Academics aside, she's a diva, and LB wouldn't make concessions just for her. AR would almost certainly transfer after one season because she and the Iowa WBB culture just don't mesh.

And truth be told, I don't think she would have thrived under Viv Stringer.

Honestly, I would rather Clark drive and dish to either Martin or Marshall who may be open for the 3. I think we are in great shape if Marshall shoots 10-11 three pointers instead of Clark. Clark just needs to drive, take the lanes when given, and get to the line and leave the majority of threes to Marshall, Martin, and Affolter.
Same. I feel Iowa is at it's best when CC is getting everyone involved. I know she CAN make the logo threes, but can get that shot any time she wants it. She hasn't been making many of those lately from what I've seen, anyway.. I prefer the higher percentage threes, and her drives to the basket.

As for LSU, Iowa needs get payback so that AR and Mulkey can just go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

We’d think she was dirty…Jake Jaakes, Chris Kingsbury? C’mon.

If I remember right most fans were pretty supportive of those two in spite of a few hi jinx on the court.
We rooted for them but knew they were douches. Look at CC, I’m annoyed with her whining now, if she wasn’t awesome, it would be worse

We rooted for them but knew they were douches. Look at CC, I’m annoyed with her whining now, if she wasn’t awesome, it would be worse

So if Reese did play for Iowa we’d know she was a jerk but still root for her? Personally I would. She might be a jerk but she’s our jerk kinda thing.

So if Reese did play for Iowa we’d know she was a jerk but still root for her? Personally I would. She might be a jerk but she’s our jerk kinda thing.
I’d be slightly Embarrassed if the coach didn’t resign her in. I don’t despise her because she’s a Tiger, black, or competitive…she takes things to a trash level or taunting and the amount of people who defend her and equate what she did with the Cena gesture to what CC did with it, is fvcking ridiculous

I’d be slightly Embarrassed if the coach didn’t resign her in. I don’t despise her because she’s a Tiger, black, or competitive…she takes things to a trash level or taunting and the amount of people who defend her and equate what she did with the Cena gesture to what CC did with it, is fvcking ridiculous

Gotcha. Thanks.

I also cheered like crazy for DeSanto, even though he had a little history and had a few moments here in Hawkville

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT