ADVERTISEMENT

LSU star Angel Reese declares for this month’s WNBA draft

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
LSU women’s basketball star Angel Reese announced Wednesday in an interview with “Vogue” that she is entering this month’s WNBA draft.
Reese, whose final college season ended Monday night in a loss to Iowa in the NCAA tournament’s Elite Eight, led the Tigers to a national championship last year.

“I’ve done everything I wanted to in college,” Reese said in the interview. “I’ve won a national championship. I’ve gotten SEC player of the year. I’ve been an all-American. My ultimate goal is to be a pro — and to be one of the greatest basketball players to play, ever. I feel like I’m ready.”
Reese joins Iowa star Caitlin Clark, Stanford’s Cameron Brink, Tennessee’s Rickea Jackson and South Carolina’s Kamilla Cardoso among the top players in the April 15 draft.

LSU women’s basketball star Angel Reese announced Wednesday in an interview with “Vogue” that she is entering this month’s WNBA draft.
Reese, whose final college season ended Monday night in a loss to Iowa in the NCAA tournament’s Elite Eight, led the Tigers to a national championship last year.

“I’ve done everything I wanted to in college,” Reese said in the interview. “I’ve won a national championship. I’ve gotten SEC player of the year. I’ve been an all-American. My ultimate goal is to be a pro — and to be one of the greatest basketball players to play, ever. I feel like I’m ready.”
Reese joins Iowa star Caitlin Clark, Stanford’s Cameron Brink, Tennessee’s Rickea Jackson and South Carolina’s Kamilla Cardoso among the top players in the April 15 draft.

Bye, Trash!

How ironic would it be if she fell out of the first round and got drafted to the fever with caitlin?

This is a good move by Reese and great for the WNBA. I was listening to sports talk the other day and they were making the POTENTIAL comparison of Magic vs. Bird back in the 70's and how those 2 put the NBA in the limelight. I guess it wasn't really all that popular until those 2 made it so and it all started in a college national championship game. The 2 were both drafted next year and the rest is history.

This is a good move by Reese and great for the WNBA. I was listening to sports talk the other day and they were making the POTENTIAL comparison of Magic vs. Bird back in the 70's and how those 2 put the NBA in the limelight. I guess it wasn't really all that popular until those 2 made it so and it all started in a college national championship game. The 2 were both drafted next year and the rest is history.
Ali-Frazier.

Reese and Clark have both helped each other immensely and the time is right for both to move on.

The largest marketing draw is to have these 2 on different teams.....not the same.

She will continue to make more money than you ever will every year.
She’s more talented, smarter, and better looking than you will ever be.
LOL...LOL...LOL...a swamp creature making $75k a year? Where do I sign up?!?! 🤣 🤣 🤣

How do you know she has a 1.7 gpa, I'm genuinley curious.
Per ESPN's Alexa Philippou, LSU confirmed Reese wasn't eligible for the list of finalists because she didn't meet all of the requirements for the Wooden Award. It wasn't specified which criteria Reese didn't satisfy.
The criteria listed on the Wooden Award website states candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 since enrolling at their current university, exhibit strength of character on and off the court, contribute to team effort, and excel on offense and defense.

Reactions: beanerhawk
Per ESPN's Alexa Philippou, LSU confirmed Reese wasn't eligible for the list of finalists because she didn't meet all of the requirements for the Wooden Award. It wasn't specified which criteria Reese didn't satisfy.
The criteria listed on the Wooden Award website states candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 since enrolling at their current university, exhibit strength of character on and off the court, contribute to team effort, and excel on offense and defense.
Right in that report it says they don't know what criteria she didn't meet. Could have been the strength of character for all we know.

Reactions: Whinny
Right in that report it says they don't know what criteria she didn't meet. Could have been the strength of character for all we know.
She has great character...people are just ripping on her because she's black! Haven't you been listening to her and the sisters here on the board? Fine young lady...the best...so "watch your mouth!" lol

• Haha
How do you know she has a 1.7 gpa, I'm genuinley curious.
It was fairly well publicized during thr year. Flo'jo's ( sp) mom even said something about it when there was team beef. Technically I don't know that it's 1.7 but it's "less than 2.0", which reportedly is also why she wasn't eligible for some award.

She has great character...people are just ripping on her because she's black! Haven't you been listening to her and the sisters here on the board? Fine young lady...the best...so "watch your mouth!" lol
Everyone hears her run her mouth so I don't doubt she has crappy character, I was just curious about the gpa rumor.

Bai Reaction GIF

-Gabbie Marshall

If you don’t see her having a career in the wnba you haven’t watched her play.
I did watch her play.
Does she have a decent outside shot? 5' Jumper. I'm sure lots of other players can out jump her for a rebound Clark included. She won't be there very long. No work ethic.

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
I did watch her play.
Does she have a decent outside shot? 5' Jumper. I'm sure lots of other players can out jump her for a rebound Clark included. She won't be there very long. No work ethic.
Right that’s why she averaged a double double 3 years in a row. You don’t have to like her but she is a talent.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT