ADVERTISEMENT

Luka getting mugged and no call?

I think it would help if Luka didn’t force it and looked to pass. Sometimes I think the refs don’t blow the whistle when they see a player clearly trying to just force something.

Luka is the greatest hawk I’ve ever seen but tonight he was forcing it way too much. He wasn’t on tonight but for a while was acting like if he touched the ball his only option was to shoot.

Little Larry Scirotto is the new TV Ted. Giving Luka a flagrant one when Wagner was guilty of a hook and hold was laughable, but giving Fran a T and then turning away from Fran with a rye smile told me all I needed to know about that little twerp. He didn't do us any favors at Illinois either....

Reactions: LaoHawk and Moral
Why do the B1G refs let Luka get mugged and totally taken off his game? Dickinson was body fouling every time but no call....that is really throwing off our offensive game.
If I was good at editing and such I would make up a highlight video of refs "letting teams play" against Garza and highlight all the non-calls against him this past year because they have to allow the defense to have at least a slight chance to guard him...........

Unfortunately, I don't have the time or money for that.

It's funny, you go to the Michigan forums and you see "why was Garza allowed to hack Dickinson and hook on every post up with no fouls!!! I'm not saying this is true. Just noting how sports biases are a funny thing.

I thought the game was called pretty loosely and both players hacked a bit on each other, but that it was somewhat consistent. My issue with the reffing was the constant reviews completely killing the flow of the game in the first half.

Last edited:
It's funny, you go to the Michigan forums and you see "why was Garza allowed to hack Dickinson and hook on every post up with no fouls!!!

Sports biases are a funny thing.
Yeah but Michigan fans are idiots that have no idea what they are watching beyond what they are told to watch.

True story btw....

Yeah but Michigan fans are idiots that have no idea what they are watching beyond what they are told to watch.

True story btw....
I see you need some time to cool down after the game. When you get to my age, you'll realize basketball really isn't something worth putting a lot of negative energy into. Not enough to hate people over their fandom, certainly. It makes the whole thing much more pleasant. Good luck, y'all.

I see you need some time to cool down after the game. When you get to my age, you'll realize basketball really isn't something worth putting a lot of negative energy into. Not enough to hate people over their fandom, certainly. It makes the whole thing much more pleasant. Good luck, y'all.
You got that right! Basketball has way to many variables to get over worked up about....

Reactions: wolverheel
So you don't think he was getting fouled? What game were you watching?

No, theres always some contact in the post.

Luka thrives on being able to get the defender off balance.

He couldn't do that against Dickinson and then he just couldn't make the shots he normally does in the second half.

I think it would help if Luka didn’t force it and looked to pass. Sometimes I think the refs don’t blow the whistle when they see a player clearly trying to just force something.

Luka is the greatest hawk I’ve ever seen but tonight he was forcing it way too much. He wasn’t on tonight but for a while was acting like if he touched the ball his only option was to shoot.
The problem is that when Luka gets the ball, the rest of the players tend to stand and watch. We were terrible on 50-50 balls tonight.

Reactions: AwkHawk
The problem is that when Luka gets the ball, the rest of the players tend to stand and watch. We were terrible on 50-50 balls tonight.

The problem tonight was Luka missing too many shots.

Iowas game plan is to give him space.

He does force too often, but I don't think that was the case tonight, he just missed allot of shots he normally makes.

He was not being doubled much so he has to score or pass.

Meh, you've watched your team win national titles.

There's a f***ing difference and I'm f***ing tired of it, and it's going to change whether you like it or not, whether you care or not, and whether you think it's going to happen or not.

Deal with it. :D

Now proceed to dismissively respond like the old man that ain't got time for this sh** that you are, like I give a f*** the thousands of times people have tried that before..........:)

Reactions: denmar81
Completely agree. The one time Weezy cut—and demanded the ball—Garza passed it for an easy dunk. Need a lot more of that and movement off the ball in general when Garza gets it in the post. Our other 4 often make it way too easy for the defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcgolfer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT