ADVERTISEMENT

Miss Caitlin should watch tape of Aaron White

I agree on the bridge to nowhere 3/4 court passes to Goodman and O'Grady running and trying to catch and finish those passes on the fly. Those are going to be successfully handled like 5% of the time. She can do it all day long to Stuelke and Martin, as far as I am concerned. She can also keep jacking up logo 3s, as that is part of what makes her special and opens up the floor for the rest of the offense to flow.
Thank goodness someone gets it.......The day Lisa stops letting her play like herself, is the day they aren't getting out of the first weekend. Almost nobody seems to get the FACT that its the other worldly passes and her crazy range that opens the floor for her team mates. This game was an anomoly. For the most part her turnovers are down, and regardless of where she shoots from her adjusted field goal % is extrodinary for someone who leads the nation in both three point shots attempted AND made per game.

Last edited:
Penn State is No. 1 in the Big Ten in forcing turnovers.
Penn State beat the shit out of Iowa all night long….every player. That was one physical game. They are K-State-like without K-State’s talent. In a couple of years, PSU might be very good again as a women’s BB power. That was a good solid win for the Hawks last night.

It seemed to me that the game plan was for CC to get as many assists as possible and not score as much. I guess so she can break the scoring record at home in a couple of games. CC then made several bad decisions with the ball/passing and had 12 TO's. Add to that that she did seem off last night and she had a tough night even though she had 27 and 15 assists, still a great game for most mortals. JMO
I don't think CC having a career assist night was the original plan. Penn St played her well on the outside. Iowa began to feed Hannah and she delivered and Penn St could not stop it. Thank goodness Iowa kept gpoing to her. We shall see if Hannah keeps it up going forward.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Absolutely ridiculous. If CC doesn't play like CC we AREN"T winning shit anyway. This thread is hilarious. Its bad enough the crap she has to put up with from haters on OTHER teams, but here OUR fans picking her apart after a sub par, (for her) game, like she can't have an off game or something. Bunch of middle aged beer drinking couch potatoes ragging on a 22 year old kid. Sure a lot of those turnovers are unforced. Its also the reason she makes the incredible passes no one else can. Hey don't shoot those logo three CC, (even though her adjusted field goal % is just under 60% for the season). Thank God Lisa is coaching this team and not some of the posters on this site. Sounds like a common refrain doesn't it.......
I don't think anyone here is demeaning CC's game. It's terrific and she certainly deserves all the accolades she's getting. However, like many others, I think she could be less demonstrative on the court with her constant complaining to the officials. It's not a good look. My advice - just suck it up and play on.

seemed to me that the game plan was for CC to get as many assists as possible and not score as much. I guess so she can break the scoring record at home in a couple of games. CC then made several bad decisions with the ball/passing and had 12 TO's. Add to that that she did seem off last night and she had a tough night even though she had 27 and 15 assists, still a great game for most mortals. JMO
Dew…#22 had a “bad” night?……27 pts., 16 assists……Early foul trouble and getting the snot knocked out of her all night……Gimme more of those “BAD” nights…….She ain’t Jesus Keeeerist…….maybe Larry Bird, though. ;)

Next to none of her turnovers were forced-they never are. We know she sometimes attempts the impossible pass to someone who won't finish anyway. They have to be eliminated, along with the logo 3's if this team is going very far in March. Not much margin for error when the competition gets tougher...
This may be the dumbest thing I have heard yet about CC on this board and there has been some really stupid carp said but you take the care on being dumb. She makes impossible passes all the time, sure she had 12 TO's last night, though not all were her fault they were still given to her. And her logo 3 pointers she makes on a consistent basis make the defense extend out further and further giving her and her teammates more room to work. Maybe get a clue before posting again and try not to embarrass yourself with such drivel!

Reactions: kceasthawk
Thank goodness someone gets it.......The day Lisa stops letting her play like herself, is the day they aren't getting out of the first weekend. Almost nobody seems to get the FACT that its the other worldly passes and her crazy range that opens the floor for her team mates. This game was an anomoly. For the most part her turnovers are down, and regardless of where she shoots from her adjusted field goal % is extrodinary for someone who leads the nation in both three point sots attempted AND made per game.
I’ve always said you were a gentleman and a scholar who does his homework.

Definitely think the immense coverage is getting to Caitlin. Her whining to the officials on every single call is not only a bad look for her, but also for the team. I noticed too that she's more openly now expressing frustration on the court
with not only herself, but also the play of other teammates. This is something that Bluder has to put a stop to ASAP.
lol .....

CC has to stop the silly turnovers: 12 last night. If i were the coach I would have benched her for 2 minutes everytime she throws the ball away. Never in my 78 years have I seen a basketball player have that many turnovers!!!!!! (make that 70 years - the first 8 years I was more into cops and robbers and trikes). Look at this: Luka Garza and Wieskamp - Luka has 34 points and 1 turnover
Wieskamp had 16 points and 1 turnover
This was against Iowa St. - Iowa won 105-77. Caitlin gave the opponents 12 extra possessions!

MINFG3PTFTOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
1713-146-72-43031001334
256-90-14-40440001016

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
I don't think anyone here is demeaning CC's game. It's terrific and she certainly deserves all the accolades she's getting. However, like many others, I think she could be less demonstrative on the court with her constant complaining to the officials. It's not a good look. My advice - just suck it up and play on.
Really, several dudes just said she should back off on the crazy passes, and STOP shooting logo three's, or did you not bother reading through the posts. Here's an idea, CC, stop playing like yourself......WOW.....

We all know you are an idiot!
I can handle being called an idiot. Fine.

But.. Are you telling me she doesn’t throw several little hissy fits each game? And then occasionally fail to get back on defense b/c she’s busy complaining? 🤔

Iowa bball is nothing w/out CC, but, she’s certainly a whiner.

Really, several dudes just said she should back off on the crazy passes, and STOP shooting logo three's, or did you not bother reading through the posts. Here's an idea, CC, stop playing like yourself......WOW.....
What does your sarcastic "stop playing like yourself" have anything to do with complaining to the refs on every call? I don't think anyone has a problem with her game, but like many others, her complaining continually to the refs is getting old.

Reactions: TRE 12
I can handle being called an idiot. Fine.

But.. Are you telling me she doesn’t throw several little hissy fits each game? And then occasionally fail to get back on defense b/c she’s busy complaining? 🤔

Iowa bball is nothing w/out CC, but, she’s certainly a whiner.
Jeeeeebus keeeeerist………………:rolleyes:
Start paying attention to games as they bare played……guys/gals throw piss fits all the time w/ refs……and STAR players are the team’s biggest advocates most of the time. Disconcerting? Probably……..Is it gonna change? Doubt it……..
Do you really think #22 “dogs it” after these instances? #22 whines a helluva lot less than most.

That is overstating it. The only thing on the floor which I really wish she would do more of is to follow her shot on the long 3s. She hits a damn good amount of them, but when she misses, the rebound usually kicks out pretty far. Her teammates get a good chunk of them so it is not that big of a deal. But over the course of her career she could probably have another hundred rebounds just doing that.
So stats over transition defense.

Iowa’s BB is NOT predicated on any defense Jan…It is all about putting points on the board and that’s how Lisa got Caitlin to UIowa. There are tons of offensive stats in BB. Not so many dealing with “defense” much less “transitional defense.” Caitlin is helping Lisa and UIowa reach their goal by moving the ball up and down the court at a high pace. Offense, not defense, is Caitlin’s game!
Back in the day, UIowa has a men’s team that averaged 100+ pts. A game in Conferebce….Critics said they couldn’t play defense but they moved the ball fast, shot well and rebounded like madmen to score that 100 pts… and the opponents could score 80….Iowa was 14-0 that season….

following your shot for rebounds doinking off the rim 15 feet is chasing stats over playing transition defense?
The shots don’t always do that, and when they don’t, if she always follows her shots, that’s going to open the other teams up for transition points. See the whole game.

Iowa’s BB is NOT predicated on any defense Jan…It is all about putting points on the board and that’s how Lisa got Caitlin to UIowa. There are tons of offensive stats in BB. Not so many dealing with “defense” much less “transitional defense.” Caitlin is helping Lisa and UIowa reach their goal by moving the ball up and down the court at a high pace. Offense, not defense, is Caitlin’s game!
Back in the day, UIowa has a men’s team that averaged 100+ pts. A game in Conferebce….Critics said they couldn’t play defense but they moved the ball fast, shot well and rebounded like madmen to score that 100 pts… and the opponents could score 80….Iowa was 14-0 that season….
Then why are they priding themselves on their defense? I hear it often. It takes both to win games.

Who do you think she is, Ricky Davis? Who best knows where a shot is heading after it's been launched than the shooter. I'd think Caitlin would have a great sense when to go for a missed shot and when not to. It's not necessarily an either/or thing. It’s situational. You know, the whole game.

Who do you think she is, Ricky Davis? Who best knows where a shot is heading after it's been launched than the shooter. I'd think Caitlin would have a great sense when to go for a missed shot and when not to. It's not necessarily an either/or thing. It’s situational. You know, the whole game.
She’s the GOAT. That’s who.

I would be interested in how many baskets PSU made last night while CC stopped and complained to the ref. I would be interested in all games this season as well. Maybe it's true, and like the Missourians say, Ya have to show me.

Then why are they priding themselves on their defense? I hear it often. It takes both to win games.
Their defense has improved at times over last seasons…but they don’t rebound real well and give up too many second shots. But Iowa’s success/ strength is never going to be defense… this team with its players and coaches are built to score points! Do you realize how many points 100 points is? Last nights 110 against a pretty good Penn State team is no small feat.
Frankly I’m surprised the Hawks only have 3 losses as of dare… I really thought they would be a 7-8 loss team this year…Czano was really a huge loss from last years team…but the Hawks have improved in some regards and covered their inside weakness pretty well to date.
And Caitlin is the major reason why. She is better than last year.

What does your sarcastic "stop playing like yourself" have anything to do with complaining to the refs on every call? I don't think anyone has a problem with her game, but like many others, her complaining continually to the refs is getting old.
Maybe its because she gets hacked multiple times on every trip up the floor and everybody knows it. Probably gets pretty old by this time of the year. Meanwhile they let players like #0 bull rush and forearm shiver their way to the basket, and THEN have the audacity to call a foul on the person she runs over! Thats the only part of this thats "getting old". Maybe if the zebras learned how to actually call contact correctly, no one would be complaining. Last nights game was even worse then the OSU mess, and I find it incredible thats even possible......

Maybe its because she gets hacked multiple times on every trip up the floor and everybody knows it. Probably gets pretty old by this time of the year. Meanwhile they let players like #0 bull rush and forearm shiver their way to the basket, and THEN have the audacity to call a foul on the person she runs over! Thats the only part of this thats "getting old". Maybe if the zebras learned how to actually call contact correctly, no one would be complaining. Last nights game was even worse then the OSU mess, and I find it incredible thats even possible......
Yes, but while she’s complaining, her team is playing 4 on 5 basketball.

Absolutely ridiculous. If CC doesn't play like CC we AREN"T winning shit anyway. This thread is hilarious.
Wrong. You're saying she can't improve her game I guess, she's as good as she'll ever be. Sorry, I think she could be better and there's nothing physical she has to do other than better decisions. My opinion, it's not changing. 12 TOs have to be addressed...

Wrong. You're saying she can't improve her game I guess, she's as good as she'll ever be. Sorry, I think she could be better and there's nothing physical she has to do other than better decisions. My opinion, it's not changing. 12 TOs have to be addressed...
James…..valuing the ball is important but not as important a team that averages 90 pts a game as it is to one who averages 70 a game. Iowa’s uptempo game is a huge get positive in the overall scheme of things. Uptempo creates turnovers and occasional bad passes. Last nights game was really rough and the refs were bound and determined not to call much….Caitlin (and Hanna) got the shit knocked out of them and it frustrates her….that has always been good team’s antidote to Iowa’s offense and Caitlan’s game. Sometimes the refs let it go (LSU last year) and sometimes they don’t ….Remember, even with all of Caitlan’s horrible ball handling, the Hawks still scored 110 points. Someone was catching some passes somewhere a long the line.

You really believe this?
Maybe she is just a better multi-tasker than you give her credit for?
People used to criticize Ted Williams because he wouldn’t bunt… ;)
Are you going to seriously say you’ve never seen her throw her hands in the air, argue a no call while the ball is live? And she gets into the front court after the opposing team’s shot has already gone up(sometimes in and sometimes not). If you haven’t, you haven’t been paying attention.

I don’t say this to try to tear her down, because I think she is amazing. This is just one area that she needs to work on. Might go over well in the WNBA, but for now, on this very small issue, she can do better.

Also, I'm pretty sure CC is under pretty strict orders to not go crazy on defense to avoid getting called for cheap fouls. The two points she gives up is far less damaging than having her on the bench for 8 minutes of a half.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I still don't understand why everyone keeps saying Caitlin had a bad game. She started off shooting cold, but that's hardly a new thing. There have been several games where it took her a quarter to find her shot, and she found it in the 2nd quarter again last night. If she needed to keep scoring, she would have, but PSU decided not to play any defense on Stuelke the 2nd half so Caitlin just kept feeding her for the easy baskets. I don't really see how that's a bad thing or her having an "off night". It's clear that Iowa's game plan was to use Stuelke down low because Bluder thought they had an advantage there and obviously they did.

As for "drawing contact", Caitlin draws plenty of contact while going through the lane. It's just that officials don't call 2/3 of the fouls other teams commit when trying to defend her. The fact that Caitlin still performs at the level she does despite that is a testament to how good she is.

My “off” has more to do with body language and her trademark smile and affability….

You can tell she’s having fun and deeply into it, even in the Ohio State loss. Last night it just seemed like it was a tough game for her to push through and yet she still had an amazing game and she helped a teammate shake up the women’s basketball murmurs…

Overstating yes but there’s a lot of vibe in women’s basketball right now and it’s kind of cool to watch it. Ebb & flow….

To me, She didn’t look like she enjoyed herself last night.🤷‍♂️…maybe following a tough Maryland road game, that was also quite physical…she’s a little tired? She’ll be fine I just didn’t think she looked like she was having fun.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: kceasthawk
My “off” has more to do with body language and her trademark smile and affability….

You can tell she’s having fun and deeply into it, even in the Ohio State loss. Last night it just seemed like it was a tough game for her to push through and yet she still had an amazing game and she helped a teammate shake up the women’s basketball murmurs…

Overstating yes but there’s a lot of vibe in women’s basketball right now and it’s kind of cool to watch it. Ebb & flow….

To me, She didn’t look like she enjoyed herself last night.🤷‍♂️…maybe following a tough Maryland road game, that was also quite physical…she’s a little tired? She’ll be fine I just didn’t think she looked like she was having fun.🤷‍♂️
Ok, I'm not sure I agree with that but I also see how you could see that as well. Well, big game on Sunday!

Reactions: cmhawks99
Also, I'm pretty sure CC is under pretty strict orders to not go crazy on defense to avoid getting called for cheap fouls. The two points she gives up is far less damaging than having her on the bench for 8 minutes of a half.

She gives up more then, 2, but she makes some of that up by making some very timely steals & poke aways and your over arching premise is she makes some bad offensive fouls at times and gets away with some others. We can’t have her fouling on the defensive end!!!

Ok, I'm not sure I agree with that but I also see how you could see that as well. Well, big game on Sunday!

Thanks and Im obviously overreaching, but you have to admit, she’s always smiley and laughing and last night not so much!

Hell, her overall game last night, even with the silly turnovers was amazing, I mean honestly amazing she was a puppet master. She’s an absolute treat to watch. I just didn’t think it looked like she enjoyed it like she usually does.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BioHawk
Penn State beat the shit out of Iowa all night long….every player. That was one physical game. They are K-State-like without K-State’s talent. In a couple of years, PSU might be very good again as a women’s BB power. That was a good solid win for the Hawks last night.

Great analogy on Kansas State. This was a really good Penn State team, and I’m not trying to build this up. I really am not. We should’ve beat them by 20 and we more or less did but they were not Uber-athletic, but they were plenty athletic, physical and they could shoot and they seem to have played 10 girls….

Penn State does not have a loss outside of the top 25 with the exception of a very good Michigan team if I’m not mistaken…

That was a terrific test, as will this Nebraska game out there. I am super pumped!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT