ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Recker says to tone it down a bit

So Luke asks fans to act more like adults, and we respond like children. Perfect.

I cringe at times, when we claim to be the ‘big brother’ but seem extremely infatuated with anything ISU related.

What drives my ISU fans the most nuts...is when I don’t say a word after beating them. They desperately want the attention.

I think some of it may have to do with people like Jon Miller retweeting some of the disgusting things ISU fans have said, knowing that the mob of Hawkeyes on Twitter will "take care of it".

While the Jeffrey Sandusky tweet was in incredibly poor taste, why does Miller need to use his voice to fan the flames like he did?

So Luke asks fans to act more like adults, and we respond like children. Perfect.

I cringe at times, when we claim to be the ‘big brother’ but seem extremely infatuated with anything ISU related.

What drives my ISU fans the most nuts...is when I don’t say a word after beating them. They desperately want the attention.

This. So this.

Let Clown fans act like douches. Iowa is superior. We should act like it.

I think some of it may have to do with people like Jon Miller retweeting some of the disgusting things ISU fans have said, knowing that the mob of Hawkeyes on Twitter will "take care of it".

While the Jeffrey Sandusky tweet was in incredibly poor taste, why does Miller need to use his voice to fan the flames like he did?

Yep, right there. Only a disgusting human being would wish someone to get in a car accident over a basketball game.

I don't know why Iowa fans want to dignify that.

I agree the best response to anything the cyclones say is just a smile. They already know they are little brother, they are looking for anything they can to get a response to plead their case and justify their place. I just smile and nod.

It certainly would be nice if all of us could just shut up and smile at them.

Of course, it is hard to do that when Pollard makes an ass of himself claiming ISU is now the bear so they don't need to "poke the bear" any longer.

If I'm an ISU fan, I've got to realize I have no grounds for talking any smack. At all.

I think a lot of Hawk fans are sick of hearing the constant BS that the mouth breathers from Lames spew. They need some humility

Reactions: grhawk

Of course, it is hard to do that when Pollard makes an ass of himself claiming ISU is now the bear so they don't need to "poke the bear" any longer.

If I'm an ISU fan, I've got to realize I have no grounds for talking any smack. At all.

Correct. Multiple things can be true at the same time.

I've seen plenty of idiot Iowa fans on here and Twitter, acting classless toward other fan bases or our own coaches. I know, every fan base has them but doesn't make it any better.
And Pollard can be what he is with his "bear" talk and how they handled the entire band thing at the football game.

Reactions: Pepperman

I saw this last night on twitter. Was this dude proven to be a "real" person who was/is a salesman?

Reactions: kkhawk

Yes yes yes! I haven't said a word on social media about beating ISU in years. Why? Cause it is expected. Then, ISU fans almost crash the internet when they win. Why? It's not expected. Nothing drives a trash talker more crazy than not being able to perform as well while the opposition is silent .

Yet they never stop... This is why we can't bite on Nebraska or ISU threads all year.

I think a lot of Hawk fans are sick of hearing the constant BS that the mouth breathers from Lames spew. They need some humility

This is true but the humility should come in the form of stats. Like wins and losses. The train is running downhill at the moment.

Reactions: grhawk
Sorry Luke but people who complain about their social media fans being bad are idiots. Everyone's fans are terrible online

Reactions: DirtyJohns97

Miller sucks.

after the shit ISU pulled last year in this game, the band incident, and jamie pollard's overall douchebaggery I have two words for ISU fans and anyone who says "tone it down"

AAuE7mBepgVmKpSlz5-Xc_iSnUDhgMVO8HCmv9SI9g=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Are kids not allowed on social media?

Doing the opposite of Luke Recker is pretty solid indicia one is traveling in the right direction.

In my fifty years as a fan I've only known three players that I disliked from almost the moment I saw them. Unsurprisingly all were Alford recruits: Luke Recker, Glen Worley and Alex Thompson. Recker is way out in first place on that list of infamy.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32

Yep, I do the same with my brother (who is a Husker fan)...after Iowa football team beats Nebraska yet again, I just act non-chalant since it's to be expected. It bugs the hell out of him.:)

All fans bases have their little potty mouth kids, including Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT