ADVERTISEMENT

Madison Wis. Game Watch

Roy Ellefson

HR Legend
Jul 15, 2009
Will be in Madison on Friday...anyone know of a Hawk friendly bar? Probably a tall order in Madison but thought I'd ask.

aRBk9xo.png

I live in Madtown but haven't been there yet. I plan on calling later this week and see if they're playing the Iowa basketball game...hopefully at least one TV in a corner somewhere can have it on!

I haven't received a formal email or any word yet about Friday's NCAA Tourney game watch, but I would assume there will be one and I'm expecting to go as usual. I was there for games during the football season and a few basketball games earlier this year. I just sent a message to someone in the group and will report back once I hear something one way or the other.

FYI: the group meets upstairs usually. During football season they sell squares and there's Madison I-Club shirts for sale and some other stuff they'll give out time to time from the National I-Club and Alumni Association. It's a good group and it's a nice location. If the Hawks win we can all move on and rage at a few other spots on State Street.

I will be there...in town for the state bball tourney...Prior to the Hawk game Marquette recruit Henry Ellenson and his Rice Lake Warriors play in the 1:35 game on Friday afternoon...that should be done well before the Hawks tip off. It'll be a great weekend especially with a Hawk win on Friday. Some quality talent at the tourney with Ellenson, Diamond Stone among others...not sold on Drake recruit Billy Wampler but he'll be playing too.

Roy -

I do a lot of sports coverage around here (I'm a newspaper editor), so I'll be at Kohl a few times. Are you in town for Greendale? I've seen Mount Horeb play twice this season and was impressed both times -- they can really shoot the lights out.

I'm going to go to the Dominican game Thurs night. Thought about going to the Friday afternoon games, but UNI plays at 1240 so I'll watch them instead.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by LunchBox50:
Roy -

I do a lot of sports coverage around here (I'm a newspaper editor), so I'll be at Kohl a few times. Are you in town for Greendale? I've seen Mount Horeb play twice this season and was impressed both times -- they can really shoot the lights out.
I'd like to see Mt. Horeb do welll...first tourney in 75 years I thinkg...I go to the tourney every year...I do have regional interest in Prescott, Rice Lake and Washburn...and a buddy with ties to Madison East that being said I'll be rooting for every small public school that has to play an urban private school. This past weekend I was intrigued watching Prescott's 7'0 sophomore sixth man who might have an interesting future we'll see how he performs against a very athletic Brown Deer team. Should be a great tournament. I have a hunch Dominican and Germantown will both repeat for the fourth straight year.

Originally posted by EpenesaEpenesa:
I'm going to go to the Dominican game Thurs night. Thought about going to the Friday afternoon games, but UNI plays at 1240 so I'll watch them instead.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
That could be an interesting one with one of the top ranked big men Diamond Stone vs Drake recruit Billy Wampler. I see Dominican winning handily.

Roy better be buying me beer all night Rigby's because I will forgo the 6:35 D1 game so he can get his Hawks' fix. Roy's post-game elation or exhilaration may result in our missing the Madison East-Germantown game. As a Badger fan, watching Davidson play will be traumatic. Go Hawks!

Did not expect to see Mt. Horeb (I teach there) basketball talk on the Iowa board. Go Vikings! Represent. Did not know we had an Iowa bar in Madison. Live and learn. Never been to the Rigby but have eaten mass quantities of tacos next door at Francisco's Cantina.

Good luck with your Iowa viewing. Conference season is over so at this point any B10 team win is a good thing.

Any bar will put on any game if you request it,Good luck and enjoy.If I could be of further help message me.

Originally posted by Acie Okey:
Roy better be buying me beer all night Rigby's because I will forgo the 6:35 D1 game so he can get his Hawks' fix. Roy's post-game elation or exhilaration may result in our missing the Madison East-Germantown game. As a Badger fan, watching Davidson play will be traumatic. Go Hawks!
hopefully no repeat of the Badger-Davidson fiasco in 2008...if I recall correctly Davidson had a pretty good point guard that year....I think he had a real nice career in Europe :)

Got this message from the Madison I-Club today:

"Their (Rigby's) upstairs is booked. They have a lot of concerts on Friday nights, but they told us they will put the game on the main tvs in the bar. They told us to just get there a bit early to get a seat because they can get busy on Friday nights."

So it's a go for Friday night -- I'll see you guys there.

Originally posted by LunchBox50:
Got this message from the Madison I-Club today:

"Their (Rigby's) upstairs is booked. They have a lot of concerts on Friday nights, but they told us they will put the game on the main tvs in the bar. They told us to just get there a bit early to get a seat because they can get busy on Friday nights."

So it's a go for Friday night -- I'll see you guys there.
I would assume it won't get a too much of the spillover crowd from the hs basketball tourney? In other words it won't by "Nitty Gritty" busy...right?

Yes, indeed, Curry's stellar European career has made the the Debacle in Detroit much easier to deal with. It'll be weird seeing you drink in someplace other than an automobile, Roy. I hope you can adapt reasonably well to a stationary setting.

Originally posted by Acie Okey:
Yes, indeed, Curry's stellar European career has made the the Debacle in Detroit much easier to deal with. It'll be weird seeing you drink in someplace other than an automobile, Roy. I hope you can adapt reasonably well to a stationary setting.
Well of course there is always the trip down and the trip back for drinking.

"Their (Rigby's) upstairs is booked. They have a lot of
concerts on Friday nights, but they told us they will put the game on
the main tvs in the bar. They told us to just get there a bit early to
get a seat because they can get busy on Friday nights."

So, you'll probably be arriving at the Rigby at 2:00?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT