ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

Hypothetical, can the Speaker pick anyone and not seat then? What happens. Say McCarthy wants to take a scalp with him. Can he cut a deal and just not seat some of the 20. I ask because Boebert barely won. If she had to face voters again after this nonsense

I'm going to kind of split it between those two and go with Arbor Day.

groundhog-day-poster.jpg

Reactions: gohawks50
In sum, it’s been a day for much disagreement. But one point the Freedom Caucus Republican faction and the McCarthy “establishment” Republican faction agree on is that it is acceptable for a fugitive from Brazilian justice who lied to voters about his entire educational and work history to serve as a member. The 118th edition of United States democracy is off to a terrific start!

Overwhelmingly
* In some instances may mean by a slim majority in gerrymandered districts…

But who is the replacement? Like we've said over and over, Republicans are great at deciding what they don't want, not good at picking a better solution.
Scalise is the most logical choice. He's also stayed out of the fray. So my bet is him.

Reactions: Lindemann
Yeah, how are they allowing this speech? This isn’t a nomination…

Dems should let them burn.

Reactions: gohawks50
2.89 quadrillion Christmas trees were approved on Easter that nobody wanted to decorate!!!! Washington is broken!!!

Scalise is the most logical choice. He's also stayed out of the fray. So my bet is him.
His politics are terrible, so the MAGA's would go for him. He was one of the ones who voted to decertify, he voted against Liz, voted against a commission to investigate 1/6. So yeah, he's obviously someone Gaetz and crew would rally behind. Would the other Republicans rally behind him in that regard?

Reactions: tumorboy
I do like how dem nomination speeches are getting shorter, eventually Agulair should just be like…”hey- I’m from the party of Pizza and alcohol….here we go again…republicans if just a few of you vote Jeffries….open bar in the speakers office”

I do like how dem nomination speeches are getting shorter, eventually Agulair should just be like…”hey- I’m from the party of Pizza and alcohol….here we go again…republicans if just a few of you vote Jeffries….open bar in the speakers office”
I don't know if the Dems have alcohol or not, but maybe Republicans could try to get some of their nutjobs drunk enough to vote for McCarthy!

• Haha
Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Hypothetical, can the Speaker pick anyone and not seat then? What happens. Say McCarthy wants to take a scalp with him. Can he cut a deal and just not seat some of the 20. I ask because Boebert barely won. If she had to face voters again after this nonsense
The Supreme Court has ruled that a representative or,senator that is elected must be seated. They can then be removed but they must be seated.

Reactions: tumorboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT