ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

The Supreme Court has ruled that a representative or,senator that is elected must be seated. They can then be removed but they must be seated.
Thank u. Was trying to think of anything outside the box Kevin could use as a stick. Because the carrot isn't going to work.

And McCarthy loses for a sixth time!!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I do like how dem nomination speeches are getting shorter, eventually Agulair should just be like…”hey- I’m from the party of Pizza and alcohol….here we go again…republicans if just a few of you vote Jeffries….open bar in the speakers office”
Holy shit! That would be some epic pwnage! A few R's switch their votes and...

GOP: Here you go Hakeem...and good phvcking luck!

Hakeem: Wait a minute?!?! What????

MAGA is a losing strategy outside of a coup. While about 20-30% of Americans are for it, the rest think it's insanity including a lot of Republicans. The Dems would have a similar problem if the Progressives ever get fed up and start to fight as hard. Both sides have a fringe group who could make things a problem, but the Democrats had professionals who knew how to keep them in line. The Republican leaders who could have handled it saw this coming and decided to just leave.

The Senate is still a bit more in control, but it won't take too much to flip that room crazy as well.
Is there anyone after McConnell with the ability to keep them in control? Although, thankfully I don't think there are as many lunatics in the Senate.

As for the Progressives, hopefully they are taking notes on how destructive this is and how bad it looks for the Republicans and why it is a bad idea to act this way. The only side note to that is if the lunatics end up being successful, then the far left might take that and run with it next time. I'm not sure there are enough of them to have the same power the far right does right now though.

I mean in all honesty, if Jeffries somehow got it…he should resign. I have serious questions as to why Kevin even wants this position….it’s going to be one of the worst jobs in the history of politics.
Or it could be the launchpad to a Presidential run. If he manages it well, his stock goes up. If he is able to get anything at all passed, that would be a huge win. And if he isn't able to get anything else passed, he just needs to keep the spotlight on the idiot 20.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
They’re going to pick this back up tonight? Will we get to the 9th record tying ballot?

Is there anyone after McConnell with the ability to keep them in control? Although, thankfully I don't think there are as many lunatics in the Senate.

As for the Progressives, hopefully they are taking notes on how destructive this is and how bad it looks for the Republicans and why it is a bad idea to act this way. The only side note to that is if the lunatics end up being successful, then the far left might take that and run with it next time. I'm not sure there are enough of them to have the same power the far right does right now though.

Love them or hate them, but we won’t see two party leaders like Pelosi and McConnell again for a very long time.

Reactions: peacehawk
Our far left is basically a European moderate; our far right is a lunatic theo-fascist.

Please stop acting like they are equally bad. One of them is very bad. The other isn't bad at all.
I didn't mean to imply they were as bad, but let's not pretend they wouldn't wield power if they had the opportunity. The biggest difference is they don't try to smash the entire system apart when they do it and instead just push the discussion, and they have had success with that. Things like student loan debt forgiveness would be unimaginable 20 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT