ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

I strongly believe McCarthy could have survived the motion to vacate if the Dems felt that they could trust him.

His highly partisan attacks and broken promises doomed him. I’m the end, he dug his own grave.
fair enough. I think the D's just like seeing the R's shoot themselves in the face, understandable.

Unfortunately no speaker...when we kind of need one.

Not walking anything back....I still think the main reason the D's voted with Gaetz and crew was to "own the R's" and sit back an watch. R's would have done the same.

Just sayin it'd be nice to have a speaker at the moment.

R's will never vote for Jeffries....so we could be without a speaker for a while.
Thanks for proving my point.

The issue with Jeffries being voted in is they still have the rule that 1 person can make a call to force him out. The republican party is going through a shitstorm right now and I think the conservative part of the party is beginning to stand up and say they aren't going to stand for this crap any more while you have the 8 who won't agree with anything that isn't what they want. Stalement.

Not walking anything back....I still think the main reason the D's voted with Gaetz and crew was to "own the R's" and sit back an watch. R's would have done the same.

Just sayin it'd be nice to have a speaker at the moment.

R's will never vote for Jeffries....so we could be without a speaker for a while.
Why not. Is he too competent?

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
He would better than Jordan and Scalise, no? If they can't get on board with a republican nominee he is an excellent choice.
He'd actually be a good choice. In order to get anything through it'd have to have bipartisan support. Probably be some pretty good legislating going on...

Won't happen.

The issue with Jeffries being voted in is they still have the rule that 1 person can make a call to force him out. The republican party is going through a shitstorm right now and I think the conservative part of the party is beginning to stand up and say they aren't going to stand for this crap any more while you have the 8 who won't agree with anything that isn't what they want. Stalement.
Idk, Jordan got near a 100 votes.

You do realize how rare this is? Ds wouldn't even put themselves in the position. That's the point.
The Dems are smarter politically and more unified than the R's. That's been pretty evident for quite a while now.

R's like to shoot themselves in the face for some reason.

R's have Gaetz and 10 others that don't really give a crap if the R's lose the majority. They just want to blow shit up and make names for themselves.

D's don't have that element in their ranks.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
a bunch of things can be true.

R's are a dysfuntional mess. McCarthy agreed to the One idiot Rule. Gaetz made the motion to vacate. Gaetz and his 7 cohorts needed 208 D's to vote with them to toss McCarthy.

Not sure why stating the obvious is so triggering for some folks...
If only a few republicans would help elect Jeffries. It’s clearly the GOP’s fault we don’t have a speaker. See how this works?

There is an opportunity for a group of centrist leaning Republicans to partner with Dems to nominate an acceptable GOP Speaker candidate. You would think that the (relatively speaking) “moderate” Republicans would have had their fill of the extremist clowns by now.

There is an opportunity for a group of centrist leaning Republicans to partner with Dems to nominate an acceptable GOP Speaker candidate. You would think that the (relatively speaking) “moderate” Republicans would have had their fill of the extremist clowns by now.
I think they both have, but there is not much two people can do.

I think they both have, but there is not much two people can do.
ha! I get your point. Anyway, there are at least 30-35 vulnerable Republicans who come from swing districts, about a dozen who are seriously endangered anyway because they represent districts won by Biden in 2020.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Wasn't referring to you specifically...sorry. The R's aren't in unison and won't be.

R's would have done the same thing the D's did given a chance.

I just get slightly annoyed when I hear a D member of the house bitching about the House not being able to get anything done right now.....when they voted the speaker out last week.
Jfc

The Dems are smarter politically and more unified than the R's. That's been pretty evident for quite a while now.

R's like to shoot themselves in the face for some reason.

R's have Gaetz and 10 others that don't really give a crap if the R's lose the majority. They just want to blow shit up and make names for themselves.

D's don't have that element in their ranks.
And the republicans have a voting base of gullible rubes who will believe things such as we have this major issue because of the Democrats.

Personally I think they need to come together and nominate Liz Cheney and let her run the house. That way republicans get a republican and democrats get someone who doesn't always play politics.

I wouldn't count on it happening either. But for me personally, I think there's some real positives.
Not going to argue against it. I do respect Liz even though she is too far right for me (She is a Cheney that represented Wyoming. Not sure she had a choice). It would be political suicide for the Republicans that were also in favor.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT