ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

FloLFjaWAAALmT3

Finally took a deep dive into this Santos guy....

The dude lied about pretty near everything. Pretty amazing....Mom died on 9/11...nope...had 4 employees die in the nightclub shooting in Orlando...nope. Pretty near endless list but those were the most egregious...if he said it it was a pretty good bet it was a lie.

Weren't the typical politician stretching of the truth :)

Guy has a mental problem...I'll diagnose him. This was always going to come out and a sane person would realize that. Wish it had come out sooner...

The dude lied about pretty near everything. Pretty amazing....Mom died on 9/11...nope...had 4 employees die in the nightclub shooting in Orlando...nope. Pretty near endless list but those were the most egregious...if he said it it was a pretty good bet it was a lie.

Guy has a mental problem...I'll diagnose him. This was always going to come out and a sane person would realize that. Wish it had come out sooner...

Anyone paying attention to the GOP during the Trump admin saw that lying through your teeth meant nothing to the faithful. This guy just took that lesson and ran with it.

Yet the Republican leaders won't replace him. Democrats would kick him out or not even let him near the House. Another difference between the 2 parties.

Anyone paying attention to the GOP during the Trump admin saw that lying through your teeth meant nothing to the faithful. This guy just took that lesson and ran with it.
This guy took it to a different level.

Amazing that this guy made it through the election process without these easily disproved lies coming out. Even if the media dropped the ball you'd think his D opponent would have dug this stuff up. Kind of perplexing he got away with it...

Yet the Republican leaders won't replace him. Democrats would kick him out or not even let him near the House. Another difference between the 2 parties.
I think your right but with a slim majority it kind of changes the equation....don't think either party would be anxious to lose the seat. If there had been a "red wave" I think the R's probably toss him.

Amazing that this guy made it through the election process without these easily disproved lies coming out. Even if the media dropped the ball you'd think his D opponent would have dug this stuff up. Kind of perplexing he got away with it...
It also makes you wonder how red is his district. We both know Gaetz could be found guilty of the same here and he would still be elected.

Reactions: TC Nole OX

There was definitely a failure in the opposition research on this guy. Anyone responsible for the Zimmerman campaign should find another line of work.

That’s why I don’t think the civil war is over. Rather, it’s just getting started.

It seems like many of McCarthy's supporters are unwilling to budge because they are tired of the HFC always getting it's way by refusing to be team players.

This is obviously good for Dems but I sort of wonder at what point this becomes bad for the country. Country is going to need the house to pass budgets at the very least.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Whoever was in charge of "opposition research" in the Zimmerman campaign should never get another job in politics. How in the F didn't they dig this shit up?

The gutting of local news to corporate BS the #1 reason why with this certainly a relevant point as well.

It seems like many of McCarthy's supporters are unwilling to budge because they are tired of the HFC always getting it's way by refusing to be team players.

This is obviously good for Dems but I sort of wonder at what point this becomes bad for the country. Country is going to need the house to pass budgets at the very least.
It means gasp they'll have to pick between getting something done with Dems or playing games with the children.

I just realized Santos ran in 2020 against Tom Souzi. I'm curious if he was telling the same lies then. The Souzi article in Wiki says:

In June 2020, Suozzi won a three-way Democratic primary in New York's 3rd congressional district with 66.5% of the votes.[35] In the general election, he defeated Republican nominee George Santos, a finance executive, by over 12 points.

Maybe I'm not clear on what the bolded term means.

Like Herschel Walker bring in the FBI? Heck just pick up his autobiography. Yet the R's still ran with him. For a much higher profile seat.
But Walker's stuff came out during the campaign.

Santos lied about dozens of easily disprovable things but his lies don't get exposed till after the election? Incredible...

But Walker's stuff came out during the campaign.

Santos lied about dozens of easily disprovable things but his lies don't get exposed till after the election? Incredible...
Probably the race was so small nobody cared. Just didn't have the attention. Him being a gay Republican should have gotten some play though.

I just realized Santos ran in 2020 against Tom Souzi. I'm curious if he was telling the same lies then. The Souzi article in Wiki says:

In June 2020, Suozzi won a three-way Democratic primary in New York's 3rd congressional district with 66.5% of the votes.[35] In the general election, he defeated Republican nominee George Santos, a finance executive, by over 12 points.

Maybe I'm not clear on what the bolded term means.

Honestly I was looking over Santo's Wikipedia page and I'm never clear on what Santos actually did for a living other than apparently he was for a short time a customer service rep with Dish Network.

He seems to have some access to money. Where does it come from?

I don't know how the HFC people budge either. If they allow Kevin a path forward and he becomes speaker they're open to retaliation. The HFC will be at that point neutered. They certainly can't trust Kevin in any further negotiations, he'll renege.

Anything short of McCarthy failing in his bid for the speakership, is bad for the HFC.

The next two years are going to be tough on Republican election hopes in 2024.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
So what if McCarthy and crew get folks to vote present, reduce the magic # to 212, and someone who doesn't get it (MGT or Gaetz), doesn't vote for McCarthy and then Jeffries gets the majority needed. I don't put that level of incompetance beyond some of these dipshitz.

I don't know how the HFC people budge either. If they allow Kevin a path forward and he becomes speaker they're open to retaliation. The HFC will be at that point neutered. They certainly can't trust Kevin in any further negotiations, he'll renege.

Anything short of McCarthy failing in his bid for the speakership, is bad for the HFC.

The next two years are going to be tough on Republican election hopes in 2024.

That is true. . . the question is if McCarthy's supporters have a path to negotiate with Democrats for some votes to make him speaker or not. Would the Dems do a deal with them or would they rather watch the R's melt down?

Do they even trust the R's enough to agree to a deal with them?

The good thing though is that if McCarthy is mad enough this could keep most of the craziest loons in the house out of committees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT