ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

As I have said, the GQP will almost certainly add a minimum of three House seats from NC and possibly four through extreme gerrymandering. That deficit will have to be made up in the purple districts that still exist.

No matter how much you might respect your own GOP representative, no matter how "moderate" you might think they are, a vote for that person is support for the MAGA clown show in the House. Period.

I think this election is going to be very very interesting. We have a long road and I am very curious to see 1. Is Trump convicted and in jail 2. Is Trump the nominee (I think it is 70%, if Haley begins to gain momentum I think you could see the establishment switch their allegiance and try to shove it through. Currently Haley is shown as having advantage over Biden, however if Trump sabotages it, good luck, runs as 3rd party or otherwise. Republicans have no one to blame than themselves. They ignored treating people with respect decorum and considerations of the constitution because it allowed them to win for a single election. They brought this on themselves and they don't have a viable offramp.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Barry Goldwater predicted this mess, and it looks like he was right.

Barry M. Goldwater

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”​

― Barry Goldwater

I don’t know why this lunatic might get the boot but I couldn’t pass up posting the Mike Johnson vs Head of Lettuce photo

I don’t know why this lunatic might get the boot but I couldn’t pass up posting the Mike Johnson vs Head of Lettuce photo

I don't think he will get the boot. He's got 2 things going for him.

1. The GOP already went through a time that they couldn't select a speaker and it was embarrassing. They likely are loath to go through that again.

2. Donald Trump has his back. Trump could care less about spending bills and the like, the only think Trump is concerned with is if Johnson is loyal. The hardcore right wingers wouldn't defy the cult leader.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I think it will take a few shut down compromises before they would think about giving him the boot. He is one of the lunatics. They will be a lot less likely to turn on one of their own

Reactions: Chishawk1425
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT