ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

65% of Democrats approve of Bidens handling of the economy - which means republicans are virtually 0 republicans are voting that he has done good on the economy. We are becoming so divided. Of democrats, 77% of those over 45 approve of how Biden is handling the economy, while only 52% of democrats under 45 approve of the way he is handling it. So yes since you asked I think the republican media is poisoning the well and doing a damn fine job at it.

So none of the factors I listed….

It’s just people getting brainwashed?

Have to say I think my explanation is more plausible.

So none of the factors I listed….

It’s just people getting brainwashed?

Have to say I think my explanation is more plausible.
So why are 65% do democrats thinking ok and virtually 0 republicans what is causing the discrepancy? so you know lower income individuals should be more effected, the inflation is making it tighter, even though inflation is decreasing. . Those higher incomes or older or savers are enjoying the higher interest rates. i can understand the income disparity difference, not the party difference unless the messaging is different (fyi it is).

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
So why are 65% do democrats thinking ok and virtually 0 republicans what is causing the discrepancy? so you know lower income individuals should be more effected, the inflation is making it tighter, even though inflation is decreasing. . Those higher incomes or older or savers are enjoying the higher interest rates. i can understand the income disparity difference, not the party difference unless the messaging is different (fyi it is).
here’s a Trump poll From 2019

On the economy R’s gave him 93% approval.

D’s gave him 20% approval

Big disparities between the parties is nothing new

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
If he was being honest, yes. But we know the republican party has little room for honesty.

Be fair at least, NO ONE would throw their party under the bus like that, regardless of party. Least of all a newly minted speaker who has to try and pull together deeply divided caucus in time to hold their own in the looming budget battle.

Be fair at least, NO ONE would throw their party under the bus like that, regardless of party. Least of all a newly minted speaker who has to try and pull together deeply divided caucus in time to hold their own in the looming budget battle.
I don't think it's absurd to think a leader could say something along the lines of "we have not been functioning as we should for the past several weeks and we need to get back to effective governing" or something of the sort.

"Well oiled machine" is simply gaslighting that the right wingers will lap up.

65% of Democrats approve of Bidens handling of the economy - which means republicans are virtually 0 republicans are voting that he has done good on the economy. We are becoming so divided. Of democrats, 77% of those over 45 approve of how Biden is handling the economy, while only 52% of democrats under 45 approve of the way he is handling it. So yes since you asked I think the republican media is poisoning the well and doing a damn fine job at it.

Don't argue logic with MAGA, they don't have the mental intellect for it

I don't think it's absurd to think a leader could say something along the lines of "we have not been functioning as we should for the past several weeks and we need to get back to effective governing" or something of the sort.

"Well oiled machine" is simply gaslighting that the right wingers will lap up.
GOP is well oiled in the same way that a car with half a quart left in it is oiled. It'll run for a bit, but that thing will be on the side of the road smoking soon enough.

What was the question he was asked? Regardless, he could've couched hi answer a lot.
I mean, I totally expect him to stick his foot in his mouth alot the next few months. He's not in any way prepared to be Speaker. Doesn't have the staff for it, hasn't been groomed for the job, etc.

Biden impeachment push reaches crescendo under Speaker Johnson​

House Republicans — fresh off a chaotic speaker's race that fractured the conference — have signaled that a decision is imminent on another question with massive political consequences: the impeachment of President Biden.

Why it matters: House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), a constitutional lawyer who served on the defense team for former President Trump's two impeachments, has inherited a Biden inquiry that so far has failed to provide direct evidence the president committed any wrongdoing.

• Facing a skeptical public, a looming government shutdown deadline and war in the Middle East, some House Republicans are openly acknowledging that impeachment poses the risk of significant political blowback.
  • But intense lobbying by the GOP base, repeated claims of bombshell evidence by investigators, and Johnson's own MAGA-aligned outlook may ultimately leave vulnerable Republicans without an escape hatch.
Driving the news: Johnson revealed Thursday that Republicans will "very soon" decide whether to impeach Biden over his family's foreign business dealings, while stressing that their grave constitutional authority "cannot be wielded for political purposes."

• House Oversight Chair James Comer (R-Ky.), who has repeatedly exaggerated and distorted his investigation's findings, said this week that "we're trying to wrap it up as soon as possible."
  • GOP investigators are considering issuing a subpoena for Hunter Biden, another sign the inquiry is nearing a conclusion, The Messenger reported Thursday.
Between the lines: Unilaterally launching an impeachment inquiry in September was one of former Speaker Kevin McCarthy's (R-Calif.) last major acts before he was ousted by the hardline rebels he had hoped to placate.

• At that point, it did not appear Republicans had a majority in the House to open an inquiry — let alone to impeach Biden.
  • By opting not to hold a House vote, McCarthy protected vulnerable Republicans in swing districts from being forced to go on the record on the politically charged issue.
  • The threat of an embarrassing defeat will be magnified if Republicans plow ahead with articles of impeachment, a move that the GOP's own witnesses in the first impeachment hearing said was not yet justified.
What they're saying: "I don't think anyone wants to move forward with impeachment unless they've got a smoking gun or at least some evidence," Rep. Mike Garcia (R-Calif.), who represents a swing district, told Politico.

• "We have so much work we need to get done including these appropriations bills," Rep. Jen Kiggans (R-Va.), another vulnerable member, told CNN. "Let's focus on that first."
The bottom line: Fox News' Sean Hannity asked a packed audience of dozens of House Republicans last night to raise their hand if they believe the inquiry will end in impeachment. The entire room obliged.

House Republicans — fresh off a chaotic speaker's race that fractured the conference — have signaled that a decision is imminent on another question with massive political consequences: the impeachment of President Biden.

Why it matters: House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), a constitutional lawyer who served on the defense team for former President Trump's two impeachments, has inherited a Biden inquiry that so far has failed to provide direct evidence the president committed any wrongdoing.

• Facing a skeptical public, a looming government shutdown deadline and war in the Middle East, some House Republicans are openly acknowledging that impeachment poses the risk of significant political blowback.
  • But intense lobbying by the GOP base, repeated claims of bombshell evidence by investigators, and Johnson's own MAGA-aligned outlook may ultimately leave vulnerable Republicans without an escape hatch.
Driving the news: Johnson revealed Thursday that Republicans will "very soon" decide whether to impeach Biden over his family's foreign business dealings, while stressing that their grave constitutional authority "cannot be wielded for political purposes."

• House Oversight Chair James Comer (R-Ky.), who has repeatedly exaggerated and distorted his investigation's findings, said this week that "we're trying to wrap it up as soon as possible."
  • GOP investigators are considering issuing a subpoena for Hunter Biden, another sign the inquiry is nearing a conclusion, The Messenger reported Thursday.
Between the lines: Unilaterally launching an impeachment inquiry in September was one of former Speaker Kevin McCarthy's (R-Calif.) last major acts before he was ousted by the hardline rebels he had hoped to placate.

• At that point, it did not appear Republicans had a majority in the House to open an inquiry — let alone to impeach Biden.
  • By opting not to hold a House vote, McCarthy protected vulnerable Republicans in swing districts from being forced to go on the record on the politically charged issue.
  • The threat of an embarrassing defeat will be magnified if Republicans plow ahead with articles of impeachment, a move that the GOP's own witnesses in the first impeachment hearing said was not yet justified.
What they're saying: "I don't think anyone wants to move forward with impeachment unless they've got a smoking gun or at least some evidence," Rep. Mike Garcia (R-Calif.), who represents a swing district, told Politico.

• "We have so much work we need to get done including these appropriations bills," Rep. Jen Kiggans (R-Va.), another vulnerable member, told CNN. "Let's focus on that first."
The bottom line: Fox News' Sean Hannity asked a packed audience of dozens of House Republicans last night to raise their hand if they believe the inquiry will end in impeachment. The entire room obliged.

An insurrectionist and traitor pushes for impeachment. Bring it on. The GOP needs to be made extinct after 2024 election.

Last edited:

Weird that we're paying them $34M this year to waste time on something they have zero formal evidence for....

You here justifying it, or pointing it out as a waste of Congressional time?

"lean"

Uh huh. Can't fully recognize those legislators aren't doing jack-shit for Main St Americans. Just wasting time on red-herrings they've already realized they have zero evidence for.
I say "lean" because quite frankly I haven't been following the Hunter stuff lately...from what I've seen I don't think it's impeachable.

If they actually go for impeachment I'll dig into it more and see what they have...

So, you just roll with what the GOP messaging tells you.

Seems legit, based on your posting histories.
Actually I posted an Axios article about Johnson’s plans on the subject. Unless you think Axios is a right wing news outlet…wtf are you talking about?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
An insurrectionist and traitor pushes for impeachment. Bring it on. The GOP needs to be made extinct after 2024 election.
What, their asses have healed from the public ass whipping they had for 5 hours on Fox News the last time they did this? Another opportunity to expose the frauds they are that Fox News won't broadcast to the audience they are trying to protect from those facts? Sure, bring it on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT