ADVERTISEMENT

Malaria Eradicated in the US Since 1951 Returns to DeSaster’s Free State of Florida

I was trying to answer your question one step at a time in the hope that you might be able to keep up. But if you’re impatient then we can do this in one fell swoop.

Malaria is spread from one person to another by mosquitoes. And where do mosquitoes primarily breed? In standing freshwater, such as the wetlands that represent a significant part of Manatee and Sarasota Counties’ geography.

I refer you back to the information I posted earlier:

“Florida is particularly vulnerable to outbreaks of malaria due to densely populated cities, the increasing number of international travel ports, favorable environmental and climatic conditions for parasite development and survival, and established Anopheles populations.”

TC Nole OX focused on just the first factor and conveniently disregarded the other important factors. And you foolishly aligned yourself with his idiocy.
The question was "why?" - why would you want me to provide information that is completely irrelevant to whether an area in considered densely populated.

As we can all see, there is no reason. Just TJ being TJ once again.

I'll let others continue to highlight your foolishness as they have been doing so well. Better things to do today. Lol

5bb3c22cae84ee1e844094c6
That jet would come in handy for my new business idea, "Whore-Dash". Come to think of it, she could be our #1 seller.

Reactions: TennNole17
The question was "why?" - why would you want me to provide information that is completely irrelevant to whether an area in considered densely populated.

As we can all see, there is no reason. Just TJ being TJ once again.

I'll let others continue to highlight your foolishness as they have been doing so well. Better things to do today. Lol
Only someone as catastrophically stupid as you are would argue that information about mosquito breeding grounds is irrelevant to a discussion about malaria.

From your link, relevant information that you omitted

“An overwhelming majority (98.8%) of malaria cases are imported, or acquired outside of the USA or its territories [4]. Sub-Saharan Africa is reported as the country of origin for 75.0% of imported cases where country of origin is known.”
Seems to me that controlling who comes into the country, and by extension Florida, is the way to prevent this.

It doesn’t seem like any of your buddies want to carry your water for you. Even OP appears to have bailed on his own thread.

Seems to me that controlling who comes into the country, and by extension Florida, is the way to prevent this.

Sure, let's build a wall around Florida. Should we put it on the beaches or a mile out at sea? Please let us know which makes more sense for the taxpayers from a fiscal responsibility standpoint.

Now that you’re back, do you have any thoughts on the amount of wetlands in Manatee and Sarasota Counties? Or do you prefer to focus on population density and ignore the other three factors that make Florida particularly vulnerable to outbreaks of malaria?

Last edited:
Only someone as catastrophically stupid as you are would argue that information about mosquito breeding grounds is irrelevant to a discussion about malaria.
Except that's not what I was discussing to which you responded.

You're not good at this.

It doesn’t seem like any of your buddies want to carry your water for you. Even OP appears to have bailed on his own thread.
LOL - TJ doing TJ again.

Don't confuse boredom with your nonsense as agreement. Most of us toy with you for a while and then move on. That you count it as a "win" is kinda pathetic. But you are TJ.

I’ll ask you the same question that OP never bothered to answer. Exactly what lies and disinformation from DeSantis caused six Florida residents to get bitten by P. vivax-infected Anopheles mosquitoes?
Nothing directly but distrust of Science and vaccines are rampant and will eventually be an issue sooner than later which impacts outbreaks like this making them much worse than they need to be. He is in that camp.

Nothing directly but distrust of Science and vaccines are rampant and will eventually be an issue sooner than later which impacts outbreaks like this making them much worse than they need to be. He is in that camp.
So you agree that nothing De Santis said or did resulted in an Antonio Alfonseca-handful of Floridians contracting malaria.

Well done, you.

Reactions: goldmom
Hey genius, If we had all embraced the Hydroxychloroquine treatments for Covid we could have put down this Malaria outbreak before it ever got going…

Hey genius, If we had all embraced the Hydroxychloroquine treatments for Covid we could have put down this Malaria outbreak before it ever got going…
I belive the real Scientists embraced everything plausible for the hoax per the then President.

It’s been raining here in Jax and most of the state almost daily. Just the kind of thing that mosquitoes love for breeding.

“Malaria is often contracted by U.S. citizens traveling abroad, but local transmission of the virus is rare.

The first local case of the virus was first recorded in May”

Someone should tell Ryan Ballogg of the Bradenton Herald that malaria isn’t a virus.

All seven cases have originated from the same area in north Sarasota County that includes the Desoto Acres and Kensington Park neighborhoods, a health department spokesperson said Monday.

FUNFACT: Kensington Park is one square mile and has a population of 3700. If the entire United States had the same population density as Kensington Park, the population of the United States would be 14 billion people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT