ADVERTISEMENT

Marine Journalist of 4 Years Rips National Guard Member of 24 Years for Stolen Valor

h-hawk

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
Just when you thought the Republicans had hit rock bottom. Apparently writer Vance's only combat experience was a war of words as he followed Marine units around in Iraq.

“You know what really bothers me about Tim Walz as a Marine who served his country in uniform? When the United States Marine Corps — when the United States of America — asked me to go to Iraq to serve my country, I did it. I did what they asked me to do it, and I did it honorably, and I’m very proud of that service,” Vance said.

“When Tim Walz was asked by his country to go to Iraq, you know what he did?” he said. “He dropped out of the Army and allowed his unit to go without him.”

Walz spent two dozen years in the Army National Guard, where he was deployed overseas for a few months on active duty and whose responsibilities also included tornado response and flood fights, according to Minnesota Public Radio. Walz didn’t see combat.

Walz left the Army National Guard for a congressional bid, according to the Star Tribune.

Vance also hit Walz over a past video shared by the Harris campaign in which Walz said he carried weapons during war. The Ohio GOP senator questioned whether Walz had ever been in war or carried a weapon in war.

Vance worked as a combat correspondent and spent some time in Iraq, according to the Army Times."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4816385-jd-vance-tim-walz-military/

Vance knows he’s going to get demolished in their debate.
Walz reportedly told the Harris campaign he is not a good debater. That plus Vance’s legal education make it likely to me that a debate won’t favor Walz.

I would take Walz 1000 times out of 1000 over Vance, but I think expectations need to be tempered on how he will do on a debate stage.

Reactions: Torg
Walz reportedly told the Harris campaign he is not a good debater. That plus Vance’s legal education make it likely to me that a debate won’t favor Walz.

I would take Walz 1000 times out of 1000 over Vance, but I think expectations need to be tempered on how he will do on a debate stage.
Ok, didn’t know that.
A lot you can do with humor and wit, though, and Vance appears to have neither.

Wonder what bothers Vance more. Walz Stolen Valor or having to apologize for marrying a non white/non Christian.

Reactions: Torg
Walz reportedly told the Harris campaign he is not a good debater.

oh-really-hmph.gif

Gonna need to see some documentation on this.

Here is his 2022 debate

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
No matter which side does it (in this case R’s going after Walz), military service critiques are pretty gross
Can you give any examples of Dems doing this? Honestly asking, bc I can think of several on the GOP side.

Can you give any examples of Dems doing this? Honestly asking, bc I can think of several on the GOP side.
Not as prominent as GOP insults by a long shot. But I already know the clapbacks are coming for Vance because he was in PR service for the Marines, not combat. It just feels like short of dishonorable discharge and AWOL, past service should be off limits but I know everything is game nowadays.

Reactions: wausauhawk
When I was in college prior to the 2000 election, I think I had the opportunity to ask questions of at least 8 candidates. Those days are done.

Not as prominent as GOP insults by a long shot. But I already know the clapbacks are coming for Vance because he was in PR service for the Marines, not combat. It just feels like short of dishonorable discharge and AWOL, past service should be off limits but I know everything is game nowadays.
Vance opened himself up for that. Not saying it's right but the lack of self-awareness is staggering. He's gonna spout easily disproven bs about Walz it's gonna come back on him.

Reactions: Torg and torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT