ADVERTISEMENT

National Guard Disputes Tim Walz's Military Biography

Buckle up..... he never deployed.

Chis.... do NOT be the guy that over looks stolen valor, have dome god damn respect for what you and those before and since have gone through. I don't give a shit if you need to go dark as this place out but have a little bit of a GD backbone.
What was his rank when he retired?

Just as I figured, no big scandal here. The maga will go to great lengths concocting controversy!
I see that MAGA has quickly moved on from the excitement of their MPLS national guard call-up “scandal” once contemporaneous audio of Trump heaping praise on Walz for how he handled the Floyd murder riots.

A reliable pattern is emerging:
a) some kook will tweet “proof” of a new Harris/Walz “damning scandal” in the morning
b) it will be shared rapidlly on SM
c) right-wing talk radio hosts will pick it up and amplify it all day
d) Jesse Watters/Hannity/Ingraham will report it as fact that evening.
e) the next day or two other major media correct the record.
f) Fox never reports the correction
g) weeks later Jordan Klepper interviews people at a MAGA rally who repeat the original lie.

Do you even read the articles cited?

Walz deployed in August 2003 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The Minnesota National Guard told CBS News the battalion supported security missions at various locations in Europe and Turkey. Walz was stationed at Vicenza, Italy, at the time and returned to Minnesota in April 2004.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tim-walz-military-record/
I think this is the problem. They don’t read. Just spike the ball on tweets.

I honestly don't know why anyone even attempts to argue with WDT. You could post a picture of a blue square and he would argue until the end of time about how it's actually a brown square.

Then he'd probably say something racist about it

I can't believe this is still going in circles... actually yes I can. Rs you can stop soon. It's not a big deal. He was promoted and retired before he took the required courses to maintain the grade. I want to say you have 12 months to do so. Can't do that when you retire, so they adjusted his rank for retirement pay. Talk about nothing burger.

I think you are far better off talking about the border than this.

Do you even read the articles cited?

Walz deployed in August 2003 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. The Minnesota National Guard told CBS News the battalion supported security missions at various locations in Europe and Turkey. Walz was stationed at Vicenza, Italy, at the time and returned to Minnesota in April 2004.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tim-walz-military-record/
Ok. I don't know why the demotion happened, just that he was demoted.

My understanding is it has to do with trainings. Chis suggested he deployed. I thought he did not.

Ok. I don't know why the demotion happened, just that he was demoted.

My understanding is it has to do with trainings. Chis suggested he deployed. I thought he did not.
You were wrong. He deployed twice.

Governor Walz did 24 years in the Minnesota National Guard, and he reached the rank of command sergeant major, which is a leadership position. He did some disaster relief. He deployed to the Arctic Circle. And then in 2003, he deployed with his unit to Italy in a supporting role of troops in Iraq.

They have nothing else to go with so they're going to pound it into the ground. And the "liberal" MSM will go right along with and amplify it just as they have for all the other bullshit "scandals" Republicans have gone after Dems about over the last 30 plus years. "it's out there". "Both sides". "Balance".

Meanwhile as just one more example out of zillions, the Wash Post story from last week that AG Barr squashed an investigation into if Trump received just a flat-out bribe of $10 million from Egypt never even became a story.

Just such bullshit.

You were wrong. He deployed twice.

Governor Walz did 24 years in the Minnesota National Guard, and he reached the rank of command sergeant major, which is a leadership position. He did some disaster relief. He deployed to the Arctic Circle. And then in 2003, he deployed with his unit to Italy in a supporting role of troops in Iraq.

Ok. That's not pertaining to why he was demoted then. Thanks.

First it was making fun of single women, then it was “Kamala isn’t black,” now it’s trying to make a big deal about Walz calling himself a retired command sergeant major when he served in that role up until the day he retired.

Keep it up, Republicans. You could be criticizing Harris/Walz about the border, or the George Floyd riots, or rising crime in Minneapolis. Instead, you’re spending all your energy talking about stuff that the Average Joe does not give two shits about. You’re doing a great job showing everyone how totally not weird you are!

Ok. That's not pertaining to why he was demoted then. Thanks.
What part of this don't you understand? He was promoted to CSM. Sounds like he served that rank and in that capacity for a period of time before he retired without taking the required school (and also likely a required 24 months of additional service). So, in retirement he cannot be paid as a CSM for life since he didn't complete the school. So, he was reduced back to his rank for pay purposes. This is not a demotion or anything negative or derogatory. He was honorably discharged.

What part of this don't you understand? He was promoted to CSM. Sounds like he served that rank and in that capacity for a period of time before he retired without taking the required school (and also likely a required 24 months of additional service). So, in retirement he cannot be paid as a CSM for life since he didn't complete the school. So, he was reduced back to his rank for pay purposes. This is not a demotion or anything negative or derogatory. He was honorably discharged.
This is Not what DC Draino said!

It's like attending Iowa for 4 years. Not taking your final exams. Then claiming that you have a degree from Iowa.
No, it's not; not even close. All this does is prove that you have absolutely no understanding of the situation; you just found what you thought was a damaging article and came running here with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT