ADVERTISEMENT

National Guard Disputes Tim Walz's Military Biography

I think he was technically demoted after retirement but the paperwork corrects what his "retired" rank should be.

I'm just repeating what the article said:

"The Minnesota National Guard is disputing Governor Tim Walz's military biography, saying that the Democratic vice presidential candidate did not hold the rank of command sergeant major at the time of his retirement."

There are more parts to it as well, I've posted the link. It's specific to the portion of using a "title or rank"
Can you re-post the link? Because I’m looking at the actual statutory text on the Congress website of the Stolen Valor Act of 2013 - and the US Code that it amended - and it says nothing about title or rank.

He was a high school teacher with a high school teacher's pay before entering politics. With his time in the House and Governor's office, plus MN employee retirement program and guard retirement, he is set for life.

You are grasping....and frankly making an ass of yourself. Just stop. You are better than this
Jimmy, I saw the smoke on this early yesterday and said "no way they were dumb enough for this to be real" and buried it.

I've started this with "this is what I've gathered" I've tried to link articles and the actual law in question when applicable.

I've even gone so far as to say I really don't give a shit about "guns I used in combat" ( me...... guns..... me.)

But Jimmy IF that guy has a document that says "you are no longer a xxxxx1 you are a xxxxxx2" and he portrayed himself as a "1" to run for political office.... that's clear cut stolen valor.

Now, out of respect for you and the situation I'm going to let this play out but I hope if the day comes I'm right your got the stones to thank me for letting this die today.

Also, the guy who serves 2 years and gets kicked for pissing hot has "done more than I have" nobody disputes he is an asshole when he wears special forces shit and acts like he did something he didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I'm just repeating what the article said:

"The Minnesota National Guard is disputing Governor Tim Walz's military biography, saying that the Democratic vice presidential candidate did not hold the rank of command sergeant major at the time of his retirement."
It's incorrect. You are a rube.

Jimmy, I saw the smoke on this early yesterday and said "no way they were dumb enough for this to be real" and buried it.

I've started this with "this is what I've gathered" I've tried to link articles and the actual law in question when applicable.

I've even gone so far as to say I really don't give a shit about "guns I used in combat" ( me...... guns..... me.)

But Jimmy IF that guy has a document that says "you are no longer a xxxxx1 you are a xxxxxx2" and he portrayed himself as a "1" to run for political office.... that's clear cut stolen valor.

Now, out of respect for you and the situation I'm going to let this play out but I hope if the day comes I'm right your got the stones to thank me for letting this die today.

Also, the guy who serves 2 years and gets kicked for pissing hot has "done more than I have" nobody disputes he is an asshole when he wears special forces shit and acts like he did something he didn't.
Was he a CSM on the day he retired?

I don't expect you to answer this time either.

Do you know what a Brevet rank is? Don't google it. Because if you don't, just stop

As with the "swift boating" tactics against John Kerry, the cynicism of GOP operatives who twist legit military service into a negative is revolting.

National Guard Disputes Tim Walz's Military Biography​

The Minnesota National Guard is disputing Governor Tim Walz's military biography, saying that the Democratic vice presidential candidate did not hold the rank of command sergeant major at the time of his retirement.

Army Lieutenant Colonel Kristen Augé, the state public affairs officer for Minnesota National Guard, told Just the News on Wednesday that the governor did not retire as "Command Sergeant Major Walz" in 2005, as stated on Minnesota's official website, but as master sergeant "because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy." A soldier who does not complete the requisite coursework is automatically demoted, according to Army regulations.

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

You guys are so scared of Harris / Walz

My two cents:

"CSM drama" - He was promoted to, and served as a BN CSM. These promotions and the CSM billet are sequenced well in advance of being placed in that leadership positron. Therefore, he had plenty of time to complete both the on-line & brief in-person SM Academy requirements, either prior as an E8 even to during his time as a CSM. The national guard makes tons of exceptions to allow for a long term military education to occur as there are always civilian job commitments. He should have completed the course, he had the time and should have been motivated to set a good example for his Soliders to complete the required military education. So while the "CSM" vs. "MSG" retirement is the focus, my focus was he set a poor example by holding the rank for a long period of time, but not making the complete effort to finish it. The SM Academy is prestigious, and it's graduation is a hallmark for a Senior enlisted Solider.

"Iraq Deployment vs. Retirement" - Did he knowingly retire to get out of a "real" deployment (Italy and the arctic aren't deployments) - I say "YES" he did... here's why: Upcoming deployments are sequenced years out for both Active Duty and USAR/NG units in a brief referred to as the "Patches Chart" as the units are identified by their shoulder patches on the blocks showing their cycle depicted on a calendar. It's a pentagon tool that allows for units to be notified, prepared for deployment and sequence the train ups, EXEVALs, schoolings, block leave prior, and sets the timeline for the RIP/TOA, etc. Now this is ESPECIALLY important for USAR/NG as they take a very long lead up to prepare, train, get equipment ready, and all the while doing it part time. Reserve Units know a year or even two in advance, so that they can be prepared and get live in order and the unit up to a deployable standard. Now, not every Solider in the unit is privy to this, but THE BN CSM definitely is. Also, the last step of this deployment process prior to boarding planes is they cut orders... so the receipt of orders is done well after the unit is alerted to deployment, manned, equipped, trained, evaluated and the then "deployed." Orders are cut in the final stage of this process. So, he knew his unit, that he help lead and set an example for was deploying and had been in a deployment train up for quite awhile.

The BLUF to this is not his "CSM or MSG" or "Dropped paperwork before deployment" it is in fact that he displayed actions of a poor leader by not completing his military education to retain CSM, and leaving a unit to retire when he was aware it was deploying.

I know how important this issue is to Republicans because they lied about Ronny Jackson’s rank at the RNC, and he still refers to himself as a Rear Admiral Ret. on his congressional page.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT