ADVERTISEMENT

Matscout tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFC this staff is inept. 2 years in a row with this bs. And I was bitchin about them getting too cute with 133 weeks ago. Sadly predictable.

“We were not prepared.” [again]

“We’ve got work to do.” [again]

“And that’s not putting them (Penn State) on a pedestal!!!! We’re just effin incompetent!”

Reactions: MVPFAN
The #13 seed at 133 in the BTT? Who went 1-2 at said tournament?

What are we even taking about?

Can we just give him a participation trophy and be done with this awful discussion?
I think we should all think a bit about this. If another country messed up their paperwork and it cost YOUR countries' entrant a chance at the Olympics, I think we would all be rightfully very angry. For someone to say "Their best time wasn't going to win a medal....so who cares?".....would be insane. Missing out on the Olympic Experience would be heartbreaking. Now consider that, for some wrestlers, making the "Big Dance" is that experience they dream of. To say: "They probably won't win more than a match....so who cares"....should be equally disavowed. Completely misses the point again. The fact that their experience was lost because of some other college's error is a serious disservice that should be corrected with the full-throated agreement of every conference coach. Make it right

Tom gets paid over half a million dollars a year and is too lazy and/or incompetent to perform his most basic administrative duties correctly. He should be embarrassed.
He is a master strategist. Teske knocks off Bouzakis in the first round, thereby demoralizing him and the entire Penn State team and setting into motion a Cinderella-story run at B1Gs and NCAAs. Cael may be playing chess, but Tom Brands is playing 3D chess...with a chainsaw.

nothing-to-see-here-comedy.gif

First off dont pick on little willie, he may be short, fat and dumb but he is my friend.
I really like Teske in this spot and decisions this year with 133 have been very fluid, Tom is ten steps ahead of any of you Morans that choose to critique him.
You forgot the small weenie part, and his resulting overcompensation.
It's okay Grip, I've got some friends like that too. ;)

He is a master strategist. Teske knocks off Bouzakis in the first round, thereby demoralizing him and the entire Penn State team and setting into motion a Cinderella-story run at B1Gs and NCAAs. Cael may be playing chess, but Tom Brands is playing 3D chess...with a chainsaw.
Very creative Tarp! Nice work!
From your keyboard to God's ear . . .
;)

Reactions: TarpHawk
First off dont pick on little willie, he may be short, fat and dumb but he is my friend.
I really like Teske in this spot and decisions this year with 133 have been very fluid, Tom is ten steps ahead of any of you Morans that choose to critique him.
Getting Teske the 13 seed was planned on Toms part???

Reactions: el dub
If Tom costs a kid a chance at nationals ( maybe this doesnt) He should be on the hot seat.. With whats going on with the embarrassment of the Sports car maybe its time to transition to a new coach... Who has Ben Askren's number??? :)

You will be eating your words my friend, get your feedbag!
I am just a bit short on sleep here, but are you suggesting this may have been an intentional act? And while I do understand you have to beat them at some point anyway, do you feel the coaches had a hunch that Bouzakis would get the #3 seed and that Teske was a good matchup for him and then the bracket would open up, if in fact he did win? That is some compelling stuff - or maybe I just missed the sarcasm intended.

I do personally have a hard time accepting the fact that a coaching staff would make this kind of a mistake. There should be multiple people involved and I just don't see Tom being the one who would do the actual physical submission of data. Why wouldn't have someone else caught it? If there is nobody else invloved - there is your problem. No one person should ever be, or even want to be, unchecked/unquestioned before a final decision is to made.

Regardless of what the eventual matchups are...Teske is a veteran and will be facing several underclassmen at 133.

It's time to perform.
Yep, beat Bouzakis and you auto qualify. With split time all year neither Teske or Schreiver were getting great seeds. Teske has looked great as of late. Wrestling with some fire. Win match 1 and he is in a great place. This may hurt OSU and Bouzakis more than anything as that is a tough matchup. Brody is tough on top and young OSU wrestlers tend to be poor on bottom. I would not be surprised at all if a hungry Teske shocks everyone here.

Oh Boy,
Okay here goes now follow along!
There was a decision that needed to made between Teske and Schreiver, this decision obviously was going to be difficult, but no one knew how difficult it may be.
At the beginning of the season, both wrestlers looked pretty good, but there was no clear choice, towards the middle of the season Cullan looked like he had the edge and it was going in that direction. What we didn’t know, and the coaches did is how things are progressing in the room also who may have had some sickness or injuries during the beginning and the bulk of the season.
Meanwhile here comes the meat of the season and the last 3rd and cullan takes an injury, up till this point we all thought he was going to be the guy, where he would be ranked at this point I dont know.
Teske during this entire time was getting healthier and focused on finishing his career strong.
What happens next is the real twist plot! Teske goes head to head with fix and gives him a heck of a run for his money, looking extremely well, and without a doubt AA quality if I do say so.
So a very difficult decision had to be made and the coaches obviously needed to evaluate Cullans injury and speak in depth with the athletes to make this decision at the last minute.
I believe TNT knew very well the timelines and the impact of making this decision and I believe the correct one was made, Teske is our guy and I truly believe he is ready to do damage.

You will be eating your words my friend, get your feedbag!

Oh Boy,
There was a decision that needed to made between Teske and Schreiver, this decision obviously was going to be difficult, but no one knew how difficult it may be.
At the beginning of the season, both wrestlers looked pretty good, but there was no clear choice, towards the middle of the season Cullan looked like he had the edge and it was going in that direction. What we didn’t know, and the coaches did is how things are progressing in the room also who may have had some sickness or injuries during the beginning and the bulk of the season.
Meanwhile here comes the meat of the season and the last 3rd and cullan takes an injury, up till this point we all thought he was going to be the guy, where he would be ranked at this point I dont know.
Teske during this entire time was getting healthier and focused on finishing his career strong.
What happens next is the real twist plot! Teske goes head to head with fix and gives him a heck of a run for his money, looking extremely well, and without a doubt AA quality if I do say so.
So a very difficult decision had to be made and the coaches obviously needed to evaluate Cullans injury and speak in depth with the athletes to make this decision at the last minute.
I believe TNT knew very well the timelines and the impact of making this decision and I believe the correct one was made, Teske is our guy and I truly believe he is ready to do damage.

It was a mistake. Shouldn't have happened and it puts Teske in a bad position.

however, Tom, being Tom, he doesn't see it that way. So i guess we'll see. Hope i'm wrong Grip!

with that said. Re: Bouzakis - what kills him is positioning. Teske is about as perfect a matchup as we can ask for. Bouzakis makes a TON of mistakes. and no matter what - don't ride him until the 3rd or late in the second. He reverses everyone.

It was a mistake. Shouldn't have happened and it puts Teske in a bad position.

however, Tom, being Tom, he doesn't see it that way. So i guess we'll see. Hope i'm wrong Grip!

with that said. Re: Bouzakis - what kills him is positioning. Teske is about as perfect a matchup as we can ask for. Bouzakis makes a TON of mistakes. and no matter what - don't ride him until the 3rd or late in the second. He reverses everyone.
Not a Mistake, but a situation.
Now to the matchup, here is where we can agree!
Bouzakis is a beast(reminds me of his father Troy when he was winning titles in NY), Teske has the HP and defense to slow him down and take him into deep waters. Teske has good counter attacks and what was most impressive against Fix was he was fresh in the 3rd.
This will be his first match at the 10’s and I think that bodes well for Teske, he has a few more years of experience, he seems laser focused and wrestling free.
This is a tall order against an extremely tough competitor, but this is where the rubber hits the road and its time for Teske to shine and make a statement. Lets Go HAWKS!!!

Last edited:
Oh Boy,
even if all that is true, "the last minute" needed to be at a point where Teske could still be entered and get the seed he earned (probably 8 or 9, not 14)

Bouzakis is a beast(reminds me of his father Troy when he was winning titles in NY), Teske has the HP and defense to slow him down and take him into deep waters. Teske has good counter attacks and what was most impressive was against Fix he was fresh in the 3rd.
This will be his first match at the 10’s and I think that bodes well for Teske, he has a few more years of experience, he seems laser focused and wrestling free.
This is a tall order and extremely tough competitor, but this is where the rubber hits the road and its time for Teske to shine and make a statement. Lets Go HAWKS!!!

Tom is brilliant! This was all part of the plan. He is simply on another level!

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkgma
Oh Boy,

Bouzakis is a beast(reminds me of his father Troy when he was winning titles in NY), Teske has the HP and defense to slow him down and take him into deep waters. Teske has good counter attacks and what was most impressive was against Fix he was fresh in the 3rd.
This is a tall order and extremely tough competitor, but this is where the rubber hits the road and its time for Teske to shine and make a statement. Lets Go HAWKS!!!

Geezus.

That’s funny. I was thinking along the same line just a bit earlier. I don’t know who did what and why or if BT is really effed, eh?

But the indignation appears righteous…..
sounds self-righteous to me

Yep, beat Bouzakis and you auto qualify. With split time all year neither Teske or Schreiver were getting great seeds. Teske has looked great as of late. Wrestling with some fire. Win match 1 and he is in a great place. This may hurt OSU and Bouzakis more than anything as that is a tough matchup. Brody is tough on top and young OSU wrestlers tend to be poor on bottom. I would not be surprised at all if a hungry Teske shocks everyone here.
he needs to win more than 1 match to be top 7

win first 2 and he's in the semis, can't get worse than 6
win first, lose second, would need to win his first consi match, and then one more
lose first, would need to win 2 consi matches, and then one more

he needs to win more than 1 match to be top 7

win first 2 and he's in the semis, can't get worse than 6
win first, lose second, would need to win his first consi match, and then one more
lose first, would need to win 2 consi matches, and then one more
You are correct. What I was getting at was if Teske wins the first match, he will qualify because he will win at least one more match imo. I think he makes the semis if he gets by Bousakis in round one. Losing rd one makes it a scramble to even qualify for Brody.

Reactions: TarpHawk
You are correct. What I was getting at was if Teske wins the first match, he will qualify because he will win at least one more match imo. I think he makes the semis if he gets by Bousakis in round one. Losing rd one makes it a scramble to even qualify for Brody.
This is what I was curious about. So apprently he would have been 8/9 if he would have been entered before the deadline, so qualifying would have been much easier. Now who knows what happens. Imagine if he doesnt qualify and the road could have been much easier😬

This is what I was curious about. So apprently he would have been 8/9 if he would have been entered before the deadline, so qualifying would have been much easier. Now who knows what happens. Imagine if he doesnt qualify and the road could have been much easier😬
Where are getting the info that he would have been 8/9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT