ADVERTISEMENT

I’m jealous….

turkEhawk

Scout Team
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2003
And not because I think OSU will be a contender in the not so distant future. But I’m jealous because at 60 years old, this is the time of year where I use to get excited about the next season.
Couldn’t get enough of the off season moves and recruiting. Planning for next years NCAA trip that we never missed. The news on recruiting victories
The Okie St fans had to wake up feeling like kids on Christmas today.
I’m jealous because I want to experience the excitement, expectations, anticipation, and pride like the old days
I won’t rip on TnT right now, but we have none of that anymore. We have a new facility that was supposed to be a game changer, but from reviews and opinions it’s just ho-hum. We have little to get excited about. Been that way for a few years
Can you imagine the money being thrown at the OSU program this morning?
That’s what excitement and hope does -gets donors to open up the check books
With the stagnant state of the program, people are reluctant to give when they expect nothing but the same.

And not because I think OSU will be a contender in the not so distant future. But I’m jealous because at 60 years old, this is the time of year where I use to get excited about the next season.
Couldn’t get enough of the off season moves and recruiting. Planning for next years NCAA trip that we never missed. The news on recruiting victories
The Okie St fans had to wake up feeling like kids on Christmas today.
I’m jealous because I want to experience the excitement, expectations, anticipation, and pride like the old days
I won’t rip on TnT right now, but we have none of that anymore. We have a new facility that was supposed to be a game changer, but from reviews and opinions it’s just ho-hum. We have little to get excited about. Been that way for a few years
Can you imagine the money being thrown at the OSU program this morning?
That’s what excitement and hope does -gets donors to open up the check books
With the stagnant state of the program, people are reluctant to give when they expect nothing but the same.
I'm sixty myself and yes I am a PSU fan, but I get it. I see OSU as being a solid contender rather soon and will be right up there with PSU soon enough. the other schools? Can't say, but the game has changed.

We've been talking on here for months that all it takes for significant change is one donor. OSU got that donor a couple weeks ago, and as far as I know, the guy was really a UCO (U of central oklahoma) wrestling alum and big supporter of that school. I guess he's decided to underwrite the Cowboy program as well.

We've been talking on here for months that all it takes for significant change is one donor. OSU got that donor a couple weeks ago, and as far as I know, the guy was really a UCO (U of central oklahoma) wrestling alum and big supporter of that school. I guess he's decided to underwrite the Cowboy program as well.
I've heard the same things you have heard and I guess it's some guy who wrote a very big check.

I've done a little more digging and it seems that he was one helluva a diver back in the day. 😎

Reactions: el dub
Has anyone been in the facility and seen it, or are we still going off pictures from 2-3 weeks ago. Has anyone talked to any of the wrestlers to see what they think?

Flo posted a video tour a few days ago. (It's not a tour and they show the same things we've seen previously, while asking Brands about how much Gable means to him for the millionth time)
It's bleak and it's hard to understand why they only want to show the grey backdrop with the extremely small Iowa logo on it. (Looks awful)

Being spineless in this scenario, would be defending a sinking ship because they like TNT
Improvements and adjustments are needed, but a new head coach is not.
The driving force right now is money plain and simple. I donate do you? Do the rest of the spineless assholes that think the ship is sinking.
I can tell you this, for a fact. The reasons the game has changed is money driven, if I had stupid money we would have all the recruits TnT needed to be in the running for a championship every year.
Donors have taken the lead roll is the sport of wrestling now, it used to be only football and basketball.
Yes you have to have great coaching which we have, but changes are needed.

The driving force right now is money plain and simple. I donate do you? Do the rest of the spineless assholes that think the ship is sinking.
I can tell you this, for a fact. The reasons the game has changed is money driven, if I had stupid money we would have all the recruits TnT needed to be in the running for a championship every year.
Donors have taken the lead roll is the sport of wrestling now, it used to be only football and basketball.
Talk to any insider and they will tell you money is not the problem. We're hands down the best fan supported program in wrestling. We don't have massive donors but we trail only Penn St. when it comes to program finding.

The argument that Iowa Wrestling doesn't have enough money and support is beyond absurd and you need to delete your post and come up with something better.

Funny considering when NIL popped up just a few years ago we were told to rest easy the playing field was even now. And that came from one of if not our largest donors mouth.

Talk to any insider and they will tell you money is not the problem. We're hands down the best fan supported program in wrestling. We don't have massive donors but we trail only Penn St. when it comes to program finding.

The argument that Iowa Wrestling doesn't have enough money and support is beyond absurd and you need to delete your post and come up with something better.
OSU might have vaulted to number 1 money wise with that big donor, but yeah, Iowa is well funded.

A new head coach is needed because this one ain't improving OR making adjustments. Bob told us the playing field is level, remember that? So stop blaming it on money because we have more than PSU.

And the worst part? TNT aren't adjusting a motherfluffing thing.

Has anyone been in the facility and seen it, or are we still going off pictures from 2-3 weeks ago. Has anyone talked to any of the wrestlers to see what they think?
The Hawkeye women did a tour video and it looks amazing.

I'm sure the facility is kick ass and top notch, but it started with bad publicity and now it's stuck there.

When something becomes the butt of a joke it's hard to undo.

Reactions: vhsalum
build the most expensive wrestling facility in the country - all off private donations - and still crying poor?

A new head coach is needed because this one ain't improving OR making adjustments. Bob told us the playing field is level, remember that? So stop blaming it on money because we have more than PSU.

And the worst part? TNT aren't adjusting a motherfluffing thing.
Donors single handedly are making things happen at Okie st, they are at all the major tournaments everywhere they can catch an ear with top guys, I have witnessed and it can be seen on SM

Iowa wrestling doesn't have a money problem, it has a coaching and leadership problem. I can't believe our donors continue to willingly give this staff money when they've proven time and time again that they don't know how to achieve any sort of ROI with it.

For example, Tom was obsessed with having the tunnel from the new building to Carver, which won't move the needle with a single top-level recruit. I wonder how much that stupid tunnel cost though. I bet it could have bought us DT lol.

The place is INCREDIBLE was just there last week. The guys love it. I've seen facilities all over the world. NEVER have I EVER seen anything this nice. PERIOD.

The place is INCREDIBLE was just there last week. The guys love it. I've seen facilities all over the world. NEVER have I EVER seen anything this nice. PERIOD.
We need to deputize someone for a secret spy mission to see what this place actually looks like lol

My initial intention was not to throw fault or blame at anyone, simply to express my past excitement and anticipation of what was to come. But since you turned this thread into defending our coaches and say it’s all money I’ll chime in
Once a wrestler is on the roster and wrestling, how much NIL money does it take to finish a single leg?

A few years ago we won a national championship and should’ve won two everybody seems to forget that
And most around here couldn’t even celebrate that one. What a miserable group. Hopefully one of the cesspoolians has 5-10 million they can kick in every year so they can stop whining in their high chair and move to the big boy table.

And most around here couldn’t even celebrate that one. What a miserable group. Hopefully one of the cesspoolians has 5-10 million they can kick in every year so they can stop whining in their high chair and move to the big boy table.
Brands would take 5-10 million and go spend it all on axes and chainsaws for the boys to cut his wood cause well that’s how they worked out in his days.

The facility is unbelievable from what I hear. Possibly the top facility in the country and that's coming from a very good source. Who gives a shit that it does not have windows for natural light, neither does Penn State room but you don't hear anyone complaining about that.

Reactions: el dub
The facility is unbelievable from what I hear. Possibly the top facility in the country and that's coming from a very good source. Who gives a shit that it does not have windows for natural light, neither does Penn State room but you don't hear anyone complaining about that.
You also don't hear anyone saying it's the best facility in the world and spend $24 million on it.

Reactions: Grapple24
I have heard great things about it too. I don't think there's any way it does anything except enhance the chances of getting more quality wrestlers on campus.

Then someone, anyone, needs to have a talk with this dept to promote this and put out good and exciting press. Good and exciting press about anything.

I have no doubt it's amazing, but those first images that dropped on social media were pathetic and doomed the launch in the eyes of most of that wrestling community (outside of Iowa anyways).

Our marketing campaign is abysmal.
Our program needs to have a serious talk with the women's bball marketing head and take notes.

Our coaches suck our facilities suck our uniforms suck our mascot sucks my dog sucks my boat sucks your dog sucks and the world is flat. Gfo im now a Cowboy fan
Rick James GIF

The best thing here is now everyone is playing PSU’s game. They started it and everyone else was forced to jump in. At least DT is making the money as a coach/recruiter to bring in his team. The days when a player makes more than the head of the team are hopefully eliminated

Then someone, anyone, needs to have a talk with this dept to promote this and put out good and exciting press. Good and exciting press about anything.

I have no doubt it's amazing, but those first images that dropped on social media were pathetic and doomed the launch in the eyes of most of that wrestling community (outside of Iowa anyways).

Our marketing campaign is abysmal.
Our program needs to have a serious talk with the women's bball marketing head and take notes.
Phil is bleeding company red.

it IS an amazing facility. six stacked mats, training room, sauna - the tunnel is pretty damn cool.

It's just that for the price tag... It's underwhelming. and the big joke everyone is making about no windows is a real deal. You literally spent $24 mil to make a sex dungeon? The no natural lighting is wild and weird decision.

it IS an amazing facility. six stacked mats, training room, sauna - the tunnel is pretty damn cool.

It's just that for the price tag... It's underwhelming. and the big joke everyone is making about no windows is a real deal. You literally spent $24 mil to make a sex dungeon? The no natural lighting is wild and weird decision.
I wish I had a $24M sex dungeon...

Anyways! Marketing is a serious issue. The first images released are what sticks in everyone's mind: Dark concrete sex dungeon with dusty dirty mats.

Under any circumstance you cannot let that be the first press. Absolute failure.

I remembered thinking the same thing and showed my wife, her first reaction was, "Eww. Those mats are gross."

But this is a microcosm of all the problems and we know it.

Last edited:

I have news for you, and you can trust me on this one. 24mil to build a facility like this is NOT a lot of money! I am surprised what they were able to get done with only 24mil.
I will try and send a vague picture of the job Im on right now, long island NY.
The cost is 8mil and lets just say is a fraction of what they have done in IOWA.

Reactions: ZachJump

i dont' think its fair to judge off a few social media pics...i'm sure the facility is awesome and will be a great training environment moving forward

the problem i have is that we still have people say hawkeyes don't have the money to keep up

spending that much on a facility PROVES (h/t to msu) that the financial capacity is there among donors and fans...its just a matter of what the hawkeye leadership chooses to spend that money on

Will you STFU about the F'N windows? You are worse than my 5 year old

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT