ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Campbell Mad Again

When he had Purdy and Montgomery he had generational players for ISU, like Seneca Wallace. Campbell should have seen what happened to McCarney and got out when he was hot. Now he is headed back to being a coordinator. You can't maintain over time at ISU.
And breece hall and Lazard and butler. He had some ballers on offense. Now, not so much.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Hey Stender,
I see your douchy fan base has taken to photoshopping last nights Wave to the kids at the end of the 1st quarter.

Chalk up another example of that “5 douche culture” clown fans are always touting am I right?

“So Proud”

I haven't talked to one ISU fan who is blaming this seasons struggles on anything other than a noticeable lack of talent. Losing a few starters to the gambling hurt, but it's not an excuse.
You don’t talk to many ISU fans, do you? Go look at CycloneFanatic and also the comments section of any article written about Iowa State by a local newspaper, TV station, etc. The excuses are consistently consistent…

- Tough to win with this much youth
- The losses from the gambling issue hurt
- Hard to win when the refs don’t call evenly

Same excuses, different year.

Best for clown fan to post and then run away and hide. I wouldn’t try and defend how douchy the clown fan base is or the isu “culture” either.

103rd in YPP is not average, better than Iowa at 131st and 4.3 YPP
I should have been more specific. Envious of their passing game.

5.5 ypp @ OU / 352 total yds / 20pt 1st half
5.9 ypp vs Okie Lite / 348 passing yds /
5.8 ypp @ Ohio / 500 total yds ; 233 passing

I should have been more specific. Envious of their passing game.

5.5 ypp @ OU / 352 total yds / 20pt 1st half
5.9 ypp vs Okie Lite / 348 passing yds /
5.8 ypp @ Ohio / 500 total yds ; 233 passing
Yeah, not many passing games worse than Iowa's

Iowa State had 250 yards against UNI and 271 yards against Ohio

48-45 overall at Iowa State and 33-32 in conference. Average coach.
Love how isu media got so ahead of itself after Covid year and before the 21’ season in its love fest for Campbell. Talking about how great Campbell is and when he’s done he will be only the 2nd coach in isu to ever finish with a record better than .500 in the last 100 years. Just taking it as a given that isu would resort back to their old losing way.

Well since then I think many of them felt like he’d pad the W/L record in 21’ but only finished 1 game over at 7-6 and fallen on his face last year and a half. Now he’s at a very real possibility of ending the season at exactly .500 if they go 4-8 and drop below .500 in conf play.

Love how isu media got so ahead of itself after Covid year and before the 21’ season in its love fest for Campbell. Talking about how great Campbell is and when he’s done he will be only the 2nd coach in isu to ever finish with a record better than .500 in the last 100 years. Just taking it as a given that isu would resort back to their old losing way.

Well since then I think many of them felt like he’d pad the W/L record in 21’ but only finished 1 game over at 7-6 and fallen on his face last year and a half. Now he’s at a very real possibility of ending the season at exactly .500 if they go 4-8 and drop below .500 in conf play.
There are many consistent themes when it come to clones. One of the big ones is how they get WAY out over their skis when they have the slightest taste of success. Suddenly they're world-beaters and surpassing Iowa and...etc...etc...etc. Then they crash back to reality.

This is merely the latest example.

Last edited:

Unreal how they went 7-6 with all that talent in 21. Purdy is showing right now what he can be with proper coaching.

Campbell pissed away his shot to move on. He should have went to the Lions when that was a possibility. He's screwed now and with NIL he will never take the next step at Iowa State.

He's John Groce on a football field.

Unreal how they went 7-6 with all that talent in 21. Purdy is showing right now what he can be with proper coaching.

Campbell pissed away his shot to move on. He should have went to the Lions when that was a possibility. He's screwed now and with NIL he will never take the next step at Iowa State.

He's John Groce on a football field.
Matty at ISU is certainly good news for Iowa.

With the uptick in D1 talent in Iowa high schools, ISU scrounges for the legacy kids and a couple kids from DM metro.
Iowa cherry picks.

Matty at ISU is certainly good news for Iowa.

With the uptick in D1 talent in Iowa high schools, ISU scrounges for the legacy kids and a couple kids from DM metro.
Iowa cherry picks.
Even though Iowa doesn't have a big NIL like some other schools, I can't ever see someone picking Iowa State for football because they will get more money. Their collective is miniature compared to even Iowa's. Anything they have will go to basketball.

Even though Iowa doesn't have a big NIL like some other schools, I can't ever see someone picking Iowa State for football because they will get more money. Their collective is miniature compared to even Iowa's. Anything they have will go to basketball.
I'm talking high schoolers.

As far as NIL...ISU uses it to keep current players...so far.
At least that's the story.

Bozo Brent Blum gets a lot out of the one pizza per athlete his “We will collect cans” NIL has generated.

If you remain perched on a stepping stone too long, the stone will sink. And you’ll sink with it.
Back To The Future Love GIF

Shall see once season is over. How many will depart for greener pastures.

Colorado will be a juggernaut in that conference as long as Sanders is there bringing in the $.

So Matt interviews with MSU. If Matt does not get the job, what happens with Matt, the players, administration, recruits, etc. It is a bit of a double edged sword. He was loyal for staying when they were up....now that they are trending down he's looking. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I think they really need a win vs TCU at home...otherwise, very bleak potentially.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT