ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Gates joining Auburn basketball staff

Dude deserved better for just wanting to follow his dream and be a Hawkeye.

Will always be one of my faves.

From Hawkeye to War Eagle, still in similar family with Bruce Pearl I'm guessing... Didn't Fran have an opening or Oglesby still around for next year? Good for Gatens, guessing he's retired from playing pro internationally. A true Hawk, hope his kids come back to play for the Hawks in the future.

He certainly gets a place on any wall of honor, not only for staying the course, as a true hawk, but for stepping up to help run Lick. Good luck to Matt.

Gatens greatest contribution to Iowa was he and his dad expediating the firing of Lick, and by looking at where Lick is now and what hes done since they were %100 correct on this move.

From Hawkeye to War Eagle, still in similar family with Bruce Pearl I'm guessing... Didn't Fran have an opening or Oglesby still around for next year? Good for Gatens, guessing he's retired from playing pro internationally. A true Hawk, hope his kids come back to play for the Hawks in the future.

Believe gatens had knee surgery last year. Maybe reason why he decided to stop playing. But have heard that pearl and mike gatens are friends.

Reactions: LaoHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT