ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe karma that Minn Rodents went 0-4 to end their season

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Their so-called win against Iowa put them in first place tie-breaker wise. They handled a dismal MSU team but then something happened. Yes, Minny was not the rushing juggernaut of past years nor the big passing team. But I think the celebrated their luck against Iowa too much and PJ sleeping with a stolen/gifted Floyd is really creepy. All this disruption brought on the slide.

I think Nebber was 0-4 to end the season also but no mystery with them. They are a turnover and penalty riddled team. Their players are still not disciplined enough and maybe the coaches

I think Nebraska was 0-4 to end the season also but no mystery with them. They are a turnover and penalty riddled team. Their players are still not disciplined enough and maybe the coaches
Turnovers, yes. It has been the biggest obstacle to overcome on the field.

Penalties, no.

This is from Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald:
42.8: Penalty yards per game, Nebraska’s best mark in the Big Ten era. So is the 5.1 penalties per game. Over a four-game stretch against Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State and Maryland, the Huskers committed just 10 penalties. Then eight against Wisconsin and five against Iowa.

The Big Ten's top five this year in fewest penalty yards:
Penalties
IndexTeamGNOYDSAVG/G
1Michigan123531726.4
2Minnesota123634428.7
3Iowa123934628.8
4Nebraska126050842.3
5Penn State125951342.8

I stopped in at the gopherhole after the game and many were tugging it at the thought of possibly having BOTH the Pig and the Axe.

Losers.

Reactions: MitchLL
Turnovers, yes. It has been the biggest obstacle to overcome on the field.

Penalties, no.

This is from Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald:
42.8: Penalty yards per game, Nebraska’s best mark in the Big Ten era. So is the 5.1 penalties per game. Over a four-game stretch against Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State and Maryland, the Huskers committed just 10 penalties. Then eight against Wisconsin and five against Iowa.

The Big Ten's top five this year in fewest penalty yards:
Penalties
IndexTeamGNOYDSAVG/G
1Michigan123531726.4
2Minnesota123634428.7
3Iowa123934628.8
4Nebraska126050842.3
5Penn State125951342.8
Thanks for the stats, I really havent watched a lot of Nebber games so I probably was just assuming like the last few years that they were self-destructing with penalties. Maybe Ruhle is using more disciplined players.

Reactions: 9and4
Interesting that Iowa could have dropped their last 2 games and still been in Indy.
Yes, but Iowa didnt know that at the time that they kicked off against the Illini.

Very great effort by the hawks to win the West on one saturday then short practice and short week with travel to go on the road and win. The defense played great and the one long bomb came as you know against a fake double safety blitz that ended up backfiring

Reactions: 9and4
Thanks for the stats, I really havent watched a lot of Nebber games so I probably was just assuming like the last few years that they were self-destructing with penalties. Maybe Ruhle is using more disciplined players.
I think if you look at the areas of improvement this year, discipline has been a part of it. We aren't anywhere near Iowa's level of commitment to program practices, but in year 1 we've seen a more disciplined team.

Having written that, it is telling that Lynum's clear holding penalty on Hill's interception is the one factor that may have won the game for Iowa (and lost it for Nebraska). Then again, maybe the Hawkeye whom Lynum held makes the tackle and everything else proceeds as it did, with Nebraska dropping a game it didn't deserve to win anyway.

Ruhle is a more disciplined coach who makes it a little harder to dislike the butthuskers.

Their so-called win against Iowa put them in first place tie-breaker wise. They handled a dismal MSU team but then something happened. Yes, Minny was not the rushing juggernaut of past years nor the big passing team. But I think the celebrated their luck against Iowa too much and PJ sleeping with a stolen/gifted Floyd is really creepy. All this disruption brought on the slide.

I think Nebber was 0-4 to end the season also but no mystery with them. They are a turnover and penalty riddled team. Their players are still not disciplined enough and maybe the coaches
Yes, it was karma...........I have been busy this year, but any business is good business. :cool:

Just curious if PJ's seat is hot.
Not with the AD and that's probably all that matters.

When you hire a guy for big $$$, I imagine you give the HC a really long leash.

And Gopher's football isn't that widely supported to create a groundswell of discontent.
JMO

Why not have Minn vs Neb and call it the 'Shit Bowl'. Both teams get their bowl game and the name is appropriate. Sponsored by MiraLAX!!!

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT