ADVERTISEMENT

Mayor Pete on CBS Sunday Morning

Host Margaret Brennan asked how it could be that, with $7.5 billion allocated for this purpose two years ago, the administration has managed to build eight. Not eight thousand, or even eighty. Eight.
Buttigieg said that President Joe Biden plans on building 500,000 chargers by the end of the decade, and — implying this is some sort of an accomplishment — “the very first handful of chargers are now already being physically built.”
I guess the part of this story that confuses me is why the “gubmint” is involved in chargers. Privates build gas stations…
I think seed money is appropriate, but not responsibility for the full buildout.

Reactions: Kelsers
Happy Father’s Day guys. You got to witness Riley’s beat down in real time. Moron
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA - this is what you do. Get your ass handed to you. Get up bloodied and embarrassed and then claim "I beat that guy up". Classic pussy move on your part. You've been thoroughly exposed yet again.

Carry on.

Reactions: HawkMD
I know, right?

Intelligent. Well-informed. Measured.

I’m sure you’ll tell us something policy-based that you really believe precludes Pete from being a good president. Imma just sit back and wait for that.
I'd like to see him in a bigger role before president. Being the mayor of a po-dunk Indiana Town and whatever he does now isn't the resume for me.

Reactions: jasonrann
Port capacity is the only major system that has increased capacity in recent decades, primarily in container handling.

Transport systems in this country, with basically roads being the outlier, has suffered from lack of capacity increases for decades. Off the top of your head, how many major airports have opened since the turn of the century. Answer in the following link…
My list of most recent includes Dallas/Ft Worth, Dulles, Midway, Denver, and Bush in Houston.
Investment in upgrades to air traffic control are desperately needed.
New rail capacity is desperately needed.

SLC is the US’s first major hub airport replacement of the 21st century. “This moment has been 25 years in the making,” said Bill Wyatt, executive director of SLC, in 2020.

Note: the cost of Utah’s new global aviation hub was an eyewatering $4.1bn and included no local taxpayer dollars.

Next up is San Francisco International Airport, whose International Terminal is in the process of doubling capacity and refurbishing gates, restrooms and lounge furnishings. In addition, Harvey Milk Terminal 1,which opened in 2019, is to debut an updated North Ticketing Lobby in late 2024. It alone will cost $1.36bn.
—————-
25 years. Sheesh. The SLC build includes no local taxpayer funding. Why?

Hey I know if I want to prove I’m a lefty loon I link 💩💩💩 from Rupar, but you do you.
Bartender! He’ll have another!
😵‍💫
No, if you want to look like a f'n dumbass, you attack the source rather than commenting on what was actually stated by one of your own.

As usual, goldie chose the "look like a f'n dumbass" route.

• Wow
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
The entire GOP House and Senate are this unhinged.

mirror GIF by Michael Hazani

You're an addled moron. And a liar. From ChatGPT:

how many ev charging stations did pete buttigieg promise

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, as part of the Biden administration's broader agenda, has emphasized a significant investment in electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure. The administration aims to establish a network of 500,000 EV charging stations across the United States by 2030. This initiative is funded through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, which allocates $5 billion for states to develop this network along the Interstate Highway System, with an additional $2.5 billion in competitive grants for community and corridor projects (Grist) (The White House) (Federal Highway Administration).

How many ev charging stations have been established in the us

As of 2023, the United States has approximately 140,000 public electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. This includes various types of chargers, such as Level 2 chargers and DC fast chargers, which are distributed across different states with varying levels of density and accessibility (ConsumerAffairs) (Electrek). This infrastructure is part of ongoing efforts to support the growing number of EVs on the road, aiming to meet future needs and facilitate broader adoption of electric vehicles (Strategic Market Research).
Addled moron?
Coming from you?
Stick to these 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You realize Joe is Pete's boss, right? JFC.
JFC
So that excuses the Secretary from calling?

You realize all the usual suspects in this thread are saying it’s nobody’s fault but the previous guy’s right?
you keep forgetting that your best posts are the ones where you just do this: 🤣 ????

JFC
So that excuses the Secretary from calling?

You realize all the usual suspects in this thread are saying it’s nobody’s fault but the previous guy’s right?
you keep forgetting that your best posts are the ones where you just do this: 🤣 ????
Yes. It's stupid to suggest it doesn't.

No, that's incorrect.

I'm certain you prefer those vs. me exposing your addled state and complete ignorance.

Again: you seem to think that Trump going away on 1/20/21 magically makes all his “f-ups” cease.

You say that you’re not voting for Trump a third time (which makes me giggle) - but let’s explore that. Why not? Surely it’s not just his personality that has turned you off? Any policy issues? Like deregulation? Any opinions there?
95 are you really such a one note Johnny or are you a bot with only one setting?
This thread was about PETE B.
Can you not post anything without referencing DJT?

My Flux capacitor is still working.

Pete has been pretty damn hard on the airline industry.
They’ve been a mess since Covid and the social media pressure has brought attention to a situation that needed some fixing.

95 are you really such a one note Johnny or are you a bot with only one setting?
This thread was about PETE B.
Can you not post anything without referencing DJT?

Nope. You want to look at the world in black and white. January 20th, 2021 comes along and “bam”, Biden sucks, Petey sucks, Lloyd Austin sucks, Blinken sucks, etc.

I’m sure you can fill me in on just how good Trump’s Secretary of Transportation - Elaine Chao - performed in her role. ‘Member her? Married to Mitch McConnell? So she was obviously super qualified to lead Transportation. Of course, she’s the one that Trump now refers to as “CoCo Chao”, after she resigned in disgust after January 6th. So that’s cool…right?

Your orange boy and his administration were a complete and utter cluster f**k. You seem to get that at times, but then demure and return to your good ol’ FJB state.

So…yeah…I’m not gonna forget the Trump years and dismiss them as the reason why transportation (and health care, and foreign relations, and the economy, etc) are still f**ked up and need fixing. And Pete is doing just that. We have adults in Washington, DC now but because they’re “blue” (and possibly gay, brown, black or just not up to your liking), you demean them.

So. Yes. I have Trump Derangement Syndrome. Thank goodness for Joe Biden and the f**king adults in charge now.

Yes. It's stupid to suggest it doesn't.

No, that's incorrect.

I'm certain you prefer those vs. me exposing your addled state and complete ignorance.
Addled state? LOL love your very weak attempt to insult me.
And I’m sure from where you sit (back row) you’re an expert on ignorance.
Just give it up and move on. 🙄

Addled state? LOL love your very weak attempt to insult me.
And I’m sure from where you sit (back row) you’re an expert on ignorance.
Just give it up and move on. 🙄
Yes. That's not an insult, it's an apt description.

Ummmm.... wut? You continue to say words that make little sense.

No thanks. It's more fun exposing your state of incoherence, projection and complete lack of anything substantive.

Don't forget your meds or to put your drool cup back in place.

Nope. You want to look at the world in black and white. January 20th, 2021 comes along and “bam”, Biden sucks, Petey sucks, Lloyd Austin sucks, Blinken sucks, etc.

I’m sure you can fill me in on just how good Trump’s Secretary of Transportation - Elaine Chao - performed in her role. ‘Member her? Married to Mitch McConnell? So she was obviously super qualified to lead Transportation. Of course, she’s the one that Trump now refers to as “CoCo Chao”, after she resigned in disgust after January 6th. So that’s cool…right?

Your orange boy and his administration were a complete and utter cluster f**k. You seem to get that at times, but then demure and return to your good ol’ FJB state.

So…yeah…I’m not gonna forget the Trump years and dismiss them as the reason why transportation (and health care, and foreign relations, and the economy, etc) are still f**ked up and need fixing. And Pete is doing just that. We have adults in Washington, DC now but because they’re “blue” (and possibly gay, brown, black or just not up to your liking), you demean them.

So. Yes. I have Trump Derangement Syndrome. Thank goodness for Joe Biden and the f**king adults in charge now.
You aren’t good at understanding what is written are you?
My FIRST response in this thread was that PB had a good opportunity to improve things.
Now what do you think that means? Think about it.
You just can’t grasp what moving on means. 🤔

My FIRST response in this thread was that PB had a good opportunity to improve things.
No - this was your first response:

Trying to stir stuff up? Drive by bomb throwing?
Your mind is mush.

This is your 2nd response to this topic because your first was a throwaway not worth discussing.

Nowhere did you say what you suggest you said. You went right to PB bashing.

4k1jyqn.jpeg

This is your 2nd response to this topic because your first was a throwaway not worth discussing.

Nowhere did you say what you suggest you said. You went right to PB bashing.

4k1jyqn.jpeg
Huge opportunity
Let’s review, boys and girls.
Wow. Sister Edward Joseph would have thumped you up side the head and wished you luck in college.
But you weren’t so lucky. That’s why you’re a loser.

Maybe if you reread the first page of this thread you would “understand” your first several posts. Don’t keep digging the hole.

Last edited:
Your orange boy and his administration were a complete and utter cluster f**k. You seem to get that at times...
She doesn't "get that" at all. She got tired of getting hammered for voting twice for Trump and pretends to "get it" now so she doesn't get hammered for continuing to kneel for him. The claim that she won't vote for him again is the biggest lie on HORT.

Huge opportunity
Let’s review, boys and girls.
Wow. Sister Edward Joseph would have thumped you up side the head and wished you luck in college.
But you weren’t so lucky. That’s why you’re a loser.

You never said PB had the opportunity to “improve things”.

You said: “…and has managed to F**k that huge opportunity to look good up too.”

It was all about how PB appeared to you…not about the work of improving transportation or infrastructure. You know: his actually job.

Those are your words, Goldy. You went straight to PB bashing and it was about his appearance of success (or not). Your snide comment had nothing to do with the work that’s actually been accomplished.

Sorry the nuns tortured you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT