ADVERTISEMENT

**** Men's NCAA Tournament ****

So Braden Smith is the same height as Brock Harding.

Haven't watched Purdue much, but I like Smith's game. Hope Brock can grow into that AND more. Dial in that shot and cut turnovers

Similar size, I think Brock is shorter or at least less muscular based on my eyeball. Of course Braden has a year on him.

Its hard to separate how good Purdue's Braden Smith is vs the fact he plays with a giant that demands constant double teams. There is always someone unguarded on Purdue team, which makes it easier to get assists.

For Iowa, Brock was spectacular in passing. His 3pt percentage ended up okay at 37 percent. His overal shooting percentage was rather low at 36 percent.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Illini or ISU, didn't matter....neither had a guy that could guard Klingen for Uconn. Purdue should beat
Uconn assuming they make it to finals.

Seeing Illini taking a woodshed beating is a good feeling until you figure that same Illini team smoked Iowa at Carver---we are removed from Elite8 level its sad.
Purdue should beat UConn? Not sure why you would say that. UConn is the overall 1 seed and is absolutely dominating everyone. Now they could but I certainly wouldn’t say should.

Similar size, I think Brock is shorter or at least less muscular based on my eyeball. Of course Braden has a year on him.

Its hard to separate how good Purdue's Braden Smith is vs the fact he plays with a giant that demands constant double teams. There is always someone unguarded on Purdue team, which makes it easier to get assists.

For Iowa, Brock was spectacular in passing. His 3pt percentage ended up okay at 37 percent. His overal shooting percentage was rather low at 36 percent.

That overall shooting % for Harding is kind of a head scratcher, I didn’t think it was that bad, but I would think it will get much better. His 3 point shooting was pretty respectable and exactly the same as Braden Smith’s freshman year. It will be interesting to compare their careers and see how Smith does without Eddy next year.

Purdue should beat UConn? Not sure why you would say that. UConn is the overall 1 seed and is absolutely dominating everyone. Now they could but I certainly wouldn’t say should.

I think Eddey will likely dominate Klingen and UConn's inside/out game is what drives their wins. Illniois had no answer for Klingen and that is why they struggled when I watched. That said, it is theoretical because Purdue might not beat Tennessee.

In my NCAA brackets I had Tennesse beating Purdue because I figured Purdue's guards would have a game where they got shutdown.

I'm king of on the fence about who wins Purdue vs UT. I like the Big10 to do better but I don't like to see Purdue fans happy.

So we are back to allowing Tennessee to foul... Edey HACKED but time.
Everyone on both teams would foul out if they really called all of the fouls. If you watch, Edey is hacked all the time and it’s not called. And then on the other side, when Edey gets the ball down low he frequently just sort of barels his way through defenders and it’s rarely called

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Purdue literally standing around on every possession now watching Edey. Nobody cutting, doing anything. Braden Smith has had opportunities to run or take shots but keeps passing them up.

Reactions: Moral
Everyone on both teams would foul out if they really called all of the fouls. If you watch, Edey is hacked all the time and it’s not called. And then on the other side, when Edey gets the ball down low he frequently just sort of barels his way through defenders and it’s rarely called

Edey onl had 1 foul and he'd drawn 8 at one point. Sure Edey gets hacked, and he also goes over the back and runs into guys and camps in the paint at times. Overall he gets a really good whistle.

Sorry I used the word should--I was trying to convey it seemed like >50% chance because I think Edey>>Klingen.

Purdue guards are 2-13 from 3pt line at this point vs Tennessee. Purdue will be lucky to even get to Final-4 if their guards don't start making shots.

Reactions: littlez
Sorry I used the word should--I was trying to convey it seemed like >50% chance because I think Edey>>Klingen.

Purdue guards are 2-13 from 3pt line at this point vs Tennessee. Purdue will be lucky to even get to Final-4 if their guards don't start making shots.

Edey is carrying them and Jones got a big 3.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I don’t know how anyone roots for the way Purdue plays basketball.
It’s tough but it’s what the game has turned into. Always thought Kofi from Illinois got away with a lot of fouling when he shouldered his way to the rim a few years ago. It’s normal now and the game sucks because of it. 3 seconds, no such thing. Pushing off the defender, normal offense.

Reactions: Mohawkeye and Moral
Burns vs Edey! Burns and Edey!!! Make it happen I wanna see this!!!
michael-scott-the-office.gif

Reactions: Moral
Is NC State’s defense really that good, or are they just getting extremely lucky with their opponents having god awful shooting games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT