ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Kemerer

BIG10MANIAC

HR All-American
Apr 19, 2007
Sorry if this was answered and I missed it, but is Michael Kemerer eligible for a Medical Waiver for missing so much time last year? Was he granted one or still waiting to find out? It would be great to still have him for an additional year...

Reactions: funnyfletcher
He should be eligible, but will not know until next year
any idea when next year? you think they would want to get an answer relatively quick after NCAA's. Hate to see him spend all summer training for the upcoming season only to find out not to get the 6th year if he isnt planning on wrestling after college.

Sorry if this was answered and I missed it, but is Michael Kemerer eligible for a Medical Waiver for missing so much time last year? Was he granted one or still waiting to find out? It would be great to still have him for an additional year...

If he wants it, and I think he does, it gets applied for at the end of the season. Generally takes a month or two to get approved but they get quicker feedback on the likelihood of approval.

Given he missed a full season AND he's a fantastic student, he's a shoe-in.

any idea when next year? you think they would want to get an answer relatively quick after NCAA's. Hate to see him spend all summer training for the upcoming season only to find out not to get the 6th year if he isnt planning on wrestling after college.
From what I've gathered by his interviews he lives a pretty clean lifestyle. I assume he doesn't look at off season training as a burden. I would also assume the way theyve been handing out medical redshirts he will probably get one.

Reactions: DirkTang1
If he wants it, and I think he does, it gets applied for at the end of the season. Generally takes a month or two to get approved but they get quicker feedback on the likelihood of approval.

Given he missed a full season AND he's a fantastic student, he's a shoe-in.

If Rasheed got one Kemerer is a shoe in. For straight up comparison sake, Ashnault is probably the closest situation. Unless the rule changes before next season Kemerer will be getting a year back!

Reactions: DirkTang1
“Different”

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT