ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan and OSU spring games to be carried by Fox

What is this supposed to mean. The OSU Spring game is usually covered every year by one network or another, He!!, IF THE WEATHER IS NICE, they'll pack anywhere from 70, 000 to 100,000 at that glorified practice. And it's legit as fans pay $5 to get in - it's not an estimate. They've drawn several 60,000 to 75,000 at their Spring game when their nothern weather is wet, cold and crappy

But the real determining factor - they have the largest fan base by far. TV networks want eyeballs and putting OSU on TV brings in massive eyeballs.

I have to wash the car that day.
Well, after washing your car, you can come in and watch either OSU or Michigan - depending on the Saturday - since Iowa football doesn't draw enough interest to be on Spring TV. My guess is a lot of others are out washing their cars during your Spring game.

As a previous poster said ----- Whoop de doo !!!!!

Let’s be honest spring games aren’t that much fun to watch. Would I watch Iowa on btn? Sure for a little bit. But to watch any other program? No thanks it’s boring as sin.
My son went to OSU (I'm Northwestern) and he goes every year. We went to that 100,000 game - the weather was perfect - and it was packed with probably another 10 to 15,000 partying-grilling outside the stadium. That fan base obviously doesn't find it boring and are obsessed with their Buckeyes.

Now, if there is crappy April weather, they might draw 60 to 65000. But on a perfect day, it's insane

Last edited:
So they aren't carrying some dog competition show in the dead air after NCAA basketball and before NFL draft?

I watch every P4/5 spring game that is on tv or free streaming. Its always right at 50. Depends on how many of the Big 12 ESPN+ games make it to free youtube.

Reactions: ichawk24
I love football, college especially. But these televised contests are more publicity than shaping the roster. You aren't going to put anything of value out there. The meat of shaping the depth chart happens everyday behind closed doors.

One thing I dislike about this and what Kirk's done is how he's de-emphasized the final spring game/practice. We all know that one of the biggest reasons he stopped them in the first place was due to the one year that there was a rash of injuries and then he just really sees it as a developmental opportunity as much as anything else.

I think it's silly that Mich/OSU spring games are being nationally televised - but I also think they're nice treats for the fans. Really wish Kirk would return to this.

What is this supposed to mean. The OSU Spring game is usually covered every year by one network or another, He!!, IF THE WEATHER IS NICE, they'll pack anywhere from 70, 000 to 100,000 at that glorified practice. And it's legit as fans pay $5 to get in - it's not an estimate. They've drawn several 60,000 to 75,000 at their Spring game when their nothern weather is wet, cold and crappy

But the real determining factor - they have the largest fan base by far. TV networks want eyeballs and putting OSU on TV brings in massive eyeballs.

I'll never understand the draw of Ohio State football for TV viewers.

But rant aside, I'm sure lots of Ohio State and Michigan fans will tune into their respective spring games and tell us how great they were...............and the world will continue to give zero f***s, and keep on spinning.

Reactions: PNWHawk
I'll never understand the draw of Ohio State football for TV viewers.

But rant aside, I'm sure lots of Ohio State and Michigan fans will tune into their respective spring games and tell us how great they were...............and the world will continue to give zero f***s, and keep on spinning.
Actually the world gives alot of f***s. Thats why the ratings forvtheir games are so high. Thats not just Michigan and Ohio State fans watching

Actually the world gives alot of f***s. Thats why the ratings forvtheir games are so high. Thats not just Michigan and Ohio State fans watching
It's people wanting to see them lose. Yes, I know.......

But also, because casual people are too stupid to stop watching them after being told by the media- "these are the teams you HAVE to watch".

It's how Bama's dynasty persisted as long as it did.

Spring Games are a celebration of college football. OSU and Michigan are being broadcast by FOX nationally and bring in rosters to compete for national titles. Iowa mumbles that the time is best used to teach the OL how to regulate their splits and bah humbug.

It's people wanting to see them lose. Yes, I know.......

But also, because casual people are too stupid to stop watching them after being told by the media- "these are the teams you HAVE to watch".

It's how Bama's dynasty persisted as long as it did.
So your theory is Bama went on the run it did because the media told people to watch them?

So your theory is Bama went on the run it did because the media told people to watch them?
Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Can’t spell out hell?

Never thought the Iowa spring game was big enough to televise, doesn't feel like enough interest there based on attendance.
I go every year just for the hell of it and for a Bloody Mary downtown beforehand. There were some more people last year than normal but it’s pretty low key. Fine by me but not worth putting on TV for sure.

Reactions: Ferentz_Fan
I go every year just for the hell of it and for a Bloody Mary downtown beforehand. There were some more people last year than normal but it’s pretty low key. Fine by me but not worth putting on TV for sure.
I try to stick around after the practice and bring home Pagliai's pizza.

Last year's was a cold, cloudy and kinda windy one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT