ADVERTISEMENT

Miguel Estrada CA state results

Estrada must have been hit for stalling earlier. Gets a second stall and it’s tied 1-1.

Just watched the replay. Estrada had a stall call while riding in the 2nd which was a good call. He got called for fleeing the mat in the 3rd when Estrada got his leg in the air. That made it 1-1. Estrada got to a leg in SV but Root got out of it. Root with a double leg with 5 seconds left to win.

Poway ran away from everybody. 7 in the finals. That's incredibly tough to do in CA I imagine. Another kid I like from them is Paul Kelly.

Reactions: el dub
Estrada wins his consi semi 16-7. Will face Ethan Parco for 3rd. Parco is going to Stanford.

I noticed in the consolations they only had a 1 minute first period and then 2 two minute periods. Is California the only state to do this? I’ve never seen it before.

I noticed in the consolations they only had a 1 minute first period and then 2 two minute periods. Is California the only state to do this? I’ve never seen it before.
It’s puzzling why they would do this in state placement matches. Is this for all consolation matches?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Spencer, ADS and Kem…and a few others had solid offense!
Don’t forget big Cass. He was very good at scoring points until he ran into the generational buzzsaw that happened at 285. Talk about some bad luck. He was damn well good enough to win a title in plenty of years before crazy athletic guys like Gwiz, Snyder, Steveson, Parris and now Kerkvliet.

I still don’t think many realize just how elite the top 285s have been the past 8 years or so…

Last edited:
Spencer, ADS and Kem…and a few others had solid offense!
Sorry and that’s what I meant by SL. Kem before he had to wear fully body armor. And ADS was a solid 2 at that weight. It was more making a stupid point but I think people who love Iowa wrestling (like me) know what I was getting at.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Don’t forget big Cass. He was very good at scoring points until he ran into the generational buzzsaw that happened at 285. Talk about some bad luck. He was damn well good enough to win a title in plenty of years before crazy athletic guys like Gwiz, Snyder, Steveson, Parris and now Kerkvliet.

I still don’t think many reason just how elite the top 285s have been the past 8 years or so…
This is very true. Hit a once in a lifetime and two beyond elites. My bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT