ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Pence Interview on ABC

F Pence. He’s refused to speak to the 1/6 Committee, but he’s doing a juicy tell all book tour? Deplorable. He was 100 percent onboard for every insane, illegal part of the Trump Administration and didn’t muster up enough courage to say anything. Now he’s a Chatty Cathy.

Man if only he had had a position created for a strong second in command. Some kind of deputy or associate president
Each President/VP relationship is different. Some barely "use" the VP and other rely heavily on the VP such as we saw with Bush and Cheney. It's clear that Trump did not value Pence and he wasn't part of his inner circle.

For further context, Pence was talking about the President's legal team.

Each President/VP relationship is different. Some barely "use" the VP and other rely heavily on the VP such as we saw with Bush and Cheney. It's clear that Trump did not value Pence and he wasn't part of his inner circle.

Makes sense. Trump needed a strong person in that Vice President position and never would have accepted it at the same time.

Pence is weak. No one doubts that.
BUT, he did show one big moment of courage on January 6th, under enormous pressure.
Which was huge for our country.
No legal grounds exist for the VP to unilateraly reject state certified electors. His role was ministirial. He was advised of his obligation by a number of legal experts who were in unanimous agreement, he had no choice. Not exactly a profile in courage to simply do your constitutional duty.

Courage? It would have been courageous for Pence to tell Trump to go to hell instead of the weasel-like cowering under Trump's persisten verbal abuse. We learned from the J6 Committee that Trump repeatedly insulted and demeaned him in front of others, calling him a pussy and such.

No legal grounds exist for the VP to unilateraly reject state certified electors. His role was ministirial. He was advised of his obligation by a number of legal experts who were in unanimous agreement, he had no choice. Not exactly a profile in courage to simply do your constitutional duty.

Courage? It would have been courageous for Pence to tell Trump to go to hell instead of the weasel-like cowering under Trump's persisten verbal abuse. We learned from the J6 Committee that Trump repeatedly insulted and demeaned him in front of others, calling him a pussy and such.
You act like the rules mattered at that point. If the wrong people were in place, and took the wrong actions, it would have happened. They would have just fought about it it court for years afterwards.

You act like the rules mattered at that point. If the wrong people were in place, and took the wrong actions, it would have happened. They would have just fought about it it court for years afterwards.

This is the issue. Everything in the electoral process assumes people will simply adhere to a minimum level of decency, and does not provide any safeguards if an entire political party chooses to ignore the rules. Pence absolutely could have refused to certify the results from select states, and we would have been in the middle of a constitutional crisis.

That was sort of a shocking interview to watch….I had a pretty bad opinion of Trump already….but to hear it all from his second in command was pretty telling.

I actually respect Pence more now, and he does seem like an honest dude. VP can be a thankless job.

It’s pretty obvious timing wise he was trying to upstage Trumps announcement today to get his name in peoples minds for ‘24

He's a bit stiff but he does seem honest to me. He also seems MUCH more Presidential than Trump ever was.
Which is sad because Pence wouldn't ever meet with a woman without other people there.

Pence is weak. No one doubts that.
BUT, he did show one big moment of courage on January 6th, under enormous pressure.
Which was huge for our country.
He didn't have any choice. And he was wavering apparently until freaking Dan Quayle of all people told him he had no choice. He is the furthest thing from a hero, and not going in front of the 1/06 committee is another confirmation of that, let alone supporting everything Trump did in his 4 years as VP.

That was sort of a shocking interview to watch….I had a pretty bad opinion of Trump already….but to hear it all from his second in command was pretty telling.

I actually respect Pence more now, and he does seem like an honest dude. VP can be a thankless job.

It’s pretty obvious timing wise he was trying to upstage Trumps announcement today to get his name in peoples minds for ‘24
I think you have the timing backwards. The release date for Pences book was announced months ago. Trump is announcing today to upstage Pence.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
This is the issue. Everything in the electoral process assumes people will simply adhere to a minimum level of decency, and does not provide any safeguards if an entire political party chooses to ignore the rules. Pence absolutely could have refused to certify the results from select states, and we would have been in the middle of a constitutional crisis.
From what I have gathered it would have simply been kicked down to the House. Once the military had put the MAGA's in there place. Nancy would have become the 45th President. And held until January 20th.

The guy was a doormat. He was only there because nobody with any future wanted the job.

Reactions: FlickShagwell

His courage was not only refusing to go along with it, but it was refusing to leave the capitol on Jan 6th.

Don't get me wrong he was a bootlicker up until that point and he refuses to do anything further like testify for the Jan 6th committee because he doesn't want to damage his relationship with the GOP further.

But he stayed in the building while a mob tore through it looking for him with the intention of killing him.

Trump used Pence to get elected. Pence brought in the Christian conservatives, giving the ticket a whitewash that Trump couldn't manage by himself. After the election, Pence no longer needed. He served his purpose.

Which is sad because Pence wouldn't ever meet with a woman without other people there.
In this day and age, this is not a bad thing. I do the same with all female employees and visitors. Another woman and man _must_ be present. Simple as that! Good business practice.

His courage was not only refusing to go along with it, but it was refusing to leave the capitol on Jan 6th.

Don't get me wrong he was a bootlicker up until that point and he refuses to do anything further like testify for the Jan 6th committee because he doesn't want to damage his relationship with the GOP further.

But he stayed in the building while a mob tore through it looking for him with the intention of killing him.
And yet he still wouldn’t say Trump isn’t fit to be President and shouldn’t run again. Said that’s up to the voters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT