ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota’s good, better than I thought, & yet I can see them losing out.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HR Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
For some reason I think Minn will lose to NW, Wis, & their bowl game.

If they do they’ll go from top 10 to not rated in the final poll. That would be a hell of a fall to end their season.

I know NW is bad but Pat is due for a big win. I just can’t see him going 0-9 in the B1G.

Reactions: BBHawk
I think our D is better than Wisconsin’s, so Minny will be able to move and score on them. Wisc O will do more against Minny than we did though.

Should set up a heck of a game between Wisky & Minny. I came away very impressed with Minnesota and felt like they are better than Wisconsin.

Should set up a heck of a game between Wisky & Minny. I came away very impressed with Minnesota and felt like they are better than Wisconsin.

Impressed with their offense and WRs. Should have had more INTs, with the way the QB Chuck's 50/50 balls.

Defense was good in the 2nd, but how much was our offense crapping out?

Impressed with their offense and WRs. Should have had more INTs, with the way the QB Chuck's 50/50 balls.

Defense was good in the 2nd, but how much was our offense crapping out?

I see a lot of talk about our offense crapping out but how many possessions did they have in the second half? I felt like Minny had a number of long drives. They racked up a ton of yards (450) and had approximately 34 minutes of possession. I do not recall the defense forcing one 3 and out all game until the final drive stop.

We had two ‘running out-the-clock’ possessions which I think are totally ineffective and absolute throw aways. So we likely had 8-10 possessions to work with and scored 3 TDs and 1 FG. That’s about 40% score rate - not awful.

On top of that, when Goodson is not in, we are unable to attack. He adds an element from the running back position you have to account for.

i think they win their last two. they had alot of self inflicted wounds in the Iowa game

The biggest self inflicted wound is they drove themselves all the way to Iowa City.

I'm not sure but I suppose (they) Iowa, whiffing on so many wounded duck lobs by Minny could be called self-inflicted?

Hate to say it, but the rodents are good.

But it begs the question: how did they have THREE epic struggles against no-name-directional-sisters-of-the-poor ... U?

I even watched most of those games and still have no idea. Maybe it's me :eek:.

Reactions: IAGuy
the only way i see minnesota losing to northwestern is if morgan is out. morgan was woozy after the hit and may be in concussion protocol according to the minnesota press

Maybe it's just me, but I would like to see them beat Wisconsin. I would also like to see them lose to jNW but don't see that happening. The wildcats are really bad.

Reactions: And1Hawk
What happens if Iowa wins out (9-3), Minnesota loses out (9-3) and the badgers beat Minnesota but loses to Purdue (9-3)? Conference records would all be the same. I assume Wisconsin being 2-0 versus the other two teams gives them the tiebreaker, right?

Wiscy/MInn should be a good one; a season-ending rivalry game, SR day for the Goophs, and something to play for...a trip to Indy.

Reactions: ichawk24
I was impressed with their Qb's accuracy. I don't know about scrambling/running ability because most of the time Iowa did not get pressue. Minny receivers were legit, but sounded like they are seniors. If OL loses much, I could see a big drop off next year. I would be shocked if Minny loses to NW-----NW is terrible.

i think we need to worry more about our last two games. Illinois is not bad and Nebby is at their house with alot on the line. They will be ready. I was impressed with Minnys WR. they are Pro type.

I was impressed with their Qb's accuracy. I don't know about scrambling/running ability because most of the time Iowa did not get pressue. Minny receivers were legit, but sounded like they are seniors. If OL loses much, I could see a big drop off next year. I would be shocked if Minny loses to NW-----NW is terrible.

None of this is true. Only Tyler Johnson is a senior. Bateman, Douglas and Autman-Bell are sophomores.

Their OL has no seniors and only 2 juniors. The 2 huge guys are underclassmen.

They'll be good next year.

i think they win their last two. they had alot of self inflicted wounds in the Iowa game

It's not like Iowa played great on offense the second half either and WRs had some drops. And let's not forget Iowa dropped 2 easy interceptions that allowed Minnesota to even make it a game.

In what world do you see NW beating Minnesota? Minny is more talented at almost every position on the field. They battered Wisconsin last year, and I think that will be a very good game this year. Could easily see the gophers winning. If it’s in Minny which I think it Gophs will be favored.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
It's not like Iowa played great on offense the second half either and WRs had some drops. And let's not forget Iowa dropped 2 easy interceptions that allowed Minnesota to even make it a game.

That is certainly true but I also saw a team that abused our secondary compared to a NW team that provided no threat to Iowa at home. Minnesota is >>>> Northwestern. Anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't understand the game. Massey projects Minnesota to beat NW 28-13.

In what world do you see NW beating Minnesota? Minny is more talented at almost every position on the field. They battered Wisconsin last year, and I think that will be a very good game this year. Could easily see the gophers winning. If it’s in Minny which I think it Gophs will be favored.

It could be in the NW practice facility and Minnesota would be favored. Minnesota is good and NW is bad.

Reactions: littlez
That is certainly true but I also saw a team that abused our secondary compared to a NW team that provided no threat to Iowa at home. Minnesota is >>>> Northwestern. Anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't understand the game. Massey projects Minnesota to beat NW 28-13.

I see them beating NW easily. I'm just saying it isnt like Iowa played a perfect game and Minnesota was the only team to have self inflicted plays. Been seeing a lot of posts on Twitter from MN fans saying they lost it, not that Iowa won it...But whatever makes the feel better...it's a L no matter how they spin it. .

I see them beating NW easily. I'm just saying it isnt like Iowa played a perfect game and Minnesota was the only team to have self inflicted plays. Been seeing a lot of posts on Twitter from MN fans saying they lost it, not that Iowa won it...But whatever makes the feel better...it's a L no matter how they spin it. .

I agree. The Koerner dropped INT was huge. Easiest opportunity you'll ever have and instead of having the ball at midfield, Minnesota scored on that drive.

We played almost a perfect 1st half. We gained 69 yards the 2nd half. Tale of 2 halves. 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Great Big Ten battle.

We played almost a perfect 1st half. We gained 69 yards the 2nd half. Tale of 2 halves. 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Great Big Ten battle.

I think Iowa went too conservative in the 2nd. We really attacked their secondary with downfield throws in the first half. I hope Iowa keeps playing to win from here on.

Let your senior QB make plays.

Reactions: BBHawk
Minnesota is a good team. I see them winning their last two regular season games, losing in the BTTG.

Hopefully they represent the B1G well in a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT