ADVERTISEMENT

Missing student from Brooklyn, IA

KCCI has a lot of coverage and video up on Twitter. Seeing the ME arriving made it all too real.

According to locals, the roads were blocked off at 5 am.

Reactions: reotto
Also according to locals, the area she was found in had been searched as recently as Sat so either she was missed or moved. Lots of names being floated, guess we will know in a few hours.

Last edited:
Unconfirmed but it is being said she was found on property belonging to this guy.

http://www.newtondailynews.com/2017/06/19/newton-man-arrested-following-car-chase/alm0u6i/

His son briefly gained fame as the IT guy at the co-op next to the house where Mollie was staying and as possibly the last person to see her alive as she jogged.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...etts-says-does-not-believe-returned-home.html

Super weird coincidence, and some people are saying a daughter or step daughter stopped by the house Mollie was staying at that night and didn't get an answer when she knocked. No idea why she was going.

In some other news these three were arrested in the county all on Sunday.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1603ed4b4786800d6ecff1ae6df9e95c&oe=5BFA5059

The giving false information, and the unspecified warrant are interesting. Could be nothing.

Reactions: Anony1983
Of course, being found on land does not indicate that the owner placed you there. But you would be familiar with it.

Unconfirmed but it is being said she was found on property belonging to this guy.

http://www.newtondailynews.com/2017/06/19/newton-man-arrested-following-car-chase/alm0u6i/

His son briefly gained fame as the IT guy at the co-op next to the house where Mollie was staying and as possibly the last person to see her alive as she jogged.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...etts-says-does-not-believe-returned-home.html

I just want to be clear that you believe the suspected murderer was able to bond out for $4,000 shortly after arrest?

Reactions: mehawk
I just want to be clear that you believe the suspected murderer was able to bond out for $4,000 shortly after arrest?

Well they may have charged him with something else. A bond requires you to remain in the area, and basically allows LE to follow you everywhere. May have involve a bracelet too to track them.

Also puts pressure on them.

The other two I posted in this thread arrested Sunday night are interesting to me as well.

BUT: With all that said, the FOIA laws are problematic for dragging people's names through the mud. Hopefully the FBI had a charge and all of us are off base here.

Well they may have charged him with something else. A bond requires you to remain in the area, and basically allows LE to follow you everywhere. May have involve a bracelet too to track them.

Also puts pressure on them.

The other two I posted in this thread arrested Sunday night are interesting to me as well.

BUT: With all that said, the FOIA laws are problematic for dragging people's names through the mud. Hopefully the FBI had a charge and all of us are off base here.

Clarified by the poster above, but in general no, a bond doesn't involve tracking or reporting or anything else, just pay money and go. Sure, that keeps most people around by itself.

Reactions: MotorBoater
Make it a red tide in November and screw those let the illegals in blue wave.

d26.jpg

Reactions: Billyball35
They have to do an autopsy to get an approximate time of death, I think. He is a small guy and Mollie was fit and athletic. Really scary to think of how vulnerable young women are running alone, in broad daylight.

Reactions: unIowa
Why was the search cancelled after 2 days?
The BF didn't get the snapchat until 10 - When was it sent? Probably before her jog? 7pm-ish?
She did not return home from the run - It was reported she was doing homework late into the night of her disappearance.

Maybe it was all bad reporting and speculation from the media?

The BF didn't get the snapchat until 10 - When was it sent? Probably before her jog? 7pm-ish?
She did not return home from the run - It was reported she was doing homework late into the night of her disappearance.

She never returned home from the run.
The fitbit provided a fairly accurate time/date/location stamp of the initial interaction.
It was presumed all along that she was in a field in the area.
Good detective work unearthed the video that showed the car. The footage wasn't great but the wheels on the car were very distinctive. It took a while to locate the car based off the wheels but once the likely suspect vehicle was spotted, the investigation moved quite quickly.

Snap chat was opened at 10ish, and no idea when sent.

In regards to her computer, the system may have went into hibernation after being idle for a period of time. When it does that it usually saves all the open files and the metadata shows the logged on user saves those files. You have to look into other entries to see if the system auto shutdown at that time.

I do this for a living, but not for criminal cases.

The fitbit provided a fairly accurate time/date/location stamp of the initial interaction.
Good detective work unearthed the video that showed the car. The footage wasn't great but the wheels on the car were very distinctive. It took a while to locate the car based off the wheels but once the likely suspect vehicle was spotted, the investigation moved quite quickly.

Thank you.

Can you expand on the presumption she was in a field in that area?

Area bring around Brooklyn or within that specific area?

Can you expand on the presumption she was in a field in that area?

Area bring around Brooklyn or within that specific area?
Exhaustive efforts to identify evidence of the vehicle on or around I-80 on that date turned up nothing so abduction and fleeing the area seemed unlikely.
The electronic footprint and all other circumstantial evidence pointed to the fact that she was killed by the occupant of the vehicle and presumably dumped in the area shortly thereafter. Hence, one early theory that she could have been struck by the vehicle in a possible hit and run.
The reality is that the profile fit that of a rape/murder all along and sadly that appears to have been the case.

Exhaustive efforts to identify evidence of the vehicle on or around I-80 on that date turned up nothing so abduction and fleeing the area seemed unlikely.
The electronic footprint and all other circumstantial evidence pointed to the fact that she was killed by the occupant of the vehicle and presumably dumped in the area shortly thereafter. Hence, one early theory that she could have been struck by the vehicle in a possible hit and run.
The reality is that the profile fit that of a rape/murder all along and sadly that appears to have been the case.
I join everyone in saying thank you for your posts and sharing your info.

Is it the strong suspicion that Mollie was raped before she was killed? I think we all are thinking so, but the story presented yesterday left open the interpretation that she was killed for threatening to call the cops on him, and a sexual assault did not necessarily occur.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT