ADVERTISEMENT

MMA news

Wrong. He has lost two in a row and prior to that had won 4 (pretty spectacular knockouts) in a row.

But yes, his hype is derailed. He's still young and new to the sport but you can also take so many brutal knockouts. Imo, he should start fighting more like Khabib or like GSP used to.

He can throw good strikes, but his defense is still super suspect.

Yep sorry, 3 overall losses, 2 in a row. So much potential but like you said doesn’t embrace his wrestling and boxes like the other guy has boxing gloves not mma gloves.

Also, slightly old MMA news now, but TJ Dillashaw has been suspended 2 years for PED use. Got drug tested before getting his ass knocked the fk out by Cejudo.

David Taylor flies to southern California to work with TJ Dillashaws strength & conditioning coach/dietician who has been referred to as a mad scientist.

Cassar also credited his size gain to that trainer. (Name is Sam Calavitta).
I was a little surprised TJ got beat so easy by Cejudo. Knees, elbows and chokes can make it anyone’s chance.

Pico may have to go ground and pound for awhile, take a page from Ben’s secret play list.
He tried that and still got knocked out he should have stuck with wrestling until he was hardened. I understand he signed a big contract but the way he is trending it will not last. IMHO if he trained and banged heads with the best in the Sr wrestling world for 4-5 more years he would be more like Cejudo now.

Pico committed to his wrestling in his last fight and was controlling a very good opponent until he caught a flying knee while coming in on a takedown attempt.

This was his first fight after switching to Greg Jackson’s camp and tactically it showed as he was fighting a lot smarter. Hopefully the last two KOs don’t kill his confidence too much because the potential is still sky high.

Also, slightly old MMA news now, but TJ Dillashaw has been suspended 2 years for PED use. Got drug tested before getting his ass knocked the fk out by Cejudo.

David Taylor flies to southern California to work with TJ Dillashaws strength & conditioning coach/dietician who has been referred to as a mad scientist.

Cassar also credited his size gain to that trainer. (Name is Sam Calavitta).
Lmao fitting.

It's almost like it's pretty weird that all of these elite MMA fighters and PSU wrestlers have started working with a random middle aged trainer with absolutely no martial art background. Even flying to the complete opposite coast for a couple days of "training" immediately after sustaining an injury.

Someone look into those algorithms he's peddling.
lol you just couldn't help yourself. Had to dig into the PSU is cheating :D:D:D

TJ admitted that he secretly took the banned substance without anyone in his camp and family knowing about it. Calavitta seems to have a pretty clean record.

As far as TJ goes, I hate that he was busted, but I respect the hell out of how he has handled it (unlike many baseball, football players). Admitted it. Took full blame. Excepted the punishment. Talked about the example he needed to set for his kids when you make mistakes, you own it, you move on and become better for it. He will be back in two years better than ever is his message and I appreciate all of that.

I have no idea if they are cheating. But if there are things to be skeptical about, the above facts are among them.

Could be as simple as TJ cheated without Calavitta knowing.

Or Calavitta helped TJ take PEDs, but Cassar and DT just use Calavitta for his exercise algorithms and dietary guidance based on fruits and veggies. Just seems a long way to travel to work with someone who has no background in martial arts - stay there for a couple of days, and then fly back to Pennsylvania.

I don’t really see anything wrong with this as it is fairly normal for a high level athlete to seek out ways to be bigger, faster and stronger. No offense bro, but your schtick on PSU cheating and your passive aggressive way of insinuating it has become tiresome.

I have no idea if they are cheating. But if there are things to be skeptical about, the above facts are among them.

Could be as simple as TJ cheated without Calavitta knowing.

Or Calavitta helped TJ take PEDs, but Cassar and DT just use Calavitta for his exercise algorithms and dietary guidance based on fruits and veggies. Just seems a long way to travel to work with someone who has no background in martial arts - stay there for a couple of days, and then fly back to Pennsylvania.

"Exaggeration is a distortion of reality that is going to end up ostracizing people who are on your side." - Is_there_vodka_in_heaven

The Treigning Lab has a whole staff of mixed martial arts and wrestling coaches. Calavitta is a former wrestler with plenty of experience in mixed martial arts. He has also helped dozens of very successful MMA guys. Do you really find it surprising that a world champ would take maybe a half-day trip to spend a week training with some performance and nutritionist experts?

Marinelli and Turk are the two guys from iowa I see doing Very well at MMA.

Spencer doesn’t strike me as a guy who found a lot of trouble growing up (let’s be real, affable midwestern personality, humble.... people weren’t picking fights with him) but does seem like a guy who would excel at the technical parts. He should stay away. He has no reason to take a shot to the jaw.

I would love to see DeSanto in the cage at some point, but he would get punched a lot with his style of attack.

According to pro cyclists HGH, Testosterone could give you an edge and were used for decades. EPO hit the scene and it was like rocket fuel.

EPO changed pro cycling. It can also kill you. If you’re going to use EPO you better have a good lab technician/doctor to keep an eye on you.

Who’s going to be the next wrestler that makes a noticeable splash in MMA?
I would have to say Jake Hager. Former AA at Oklahoma. Wrestled as Jack Swagger in the WWE. He's in Bellator right now fighting tomato cans

I don’t really see anything wrong with this as it is fairly normal for a high level athlete to seek out ways to be bigger, faster and stronger. No offense bro, but your schtick on PSU cheating and your passive aggressive way of insinuating it has become tiresome.

If by "your passive aggressive way of insinuating it" you mean respectful voicing of ones opinion...then I guess I'd agree with you:confused:

As a whole, I've pretty well lost interest in the sport. Combination of really shitty ppv events too often, too much turnover of quality likeable fighters, and some of the ugly side of the sport and its stars starting to come up more often have turned me off.

Reactions: tiltman
As a whole, I've pretty well lost interest in the sport. Combination of really shitty ppv events too often, too much turnover of quality likeable fighters, and some of the ugly side of the sport and its stars starting to come up more often have turned me off.

I’m right there with ya. I can remember when I started watching MMA around 2005; there would be one PPV a month and you would know every single fighter from the prelims to the main event. Every one of those fights could pass as a main event nowadays. Hell I don’t even know some of the fights in the main events anymore. They have way to many fighters on the roster and it waters the cards down.

Reactions: Mattski
If by "your passive aggressive way of insinuating it" you mean respectful voicing of ones opinion...then I guess I'd agree with you:confused:

Interesting. How exactly does one go about respectfully voicing an opinion that another cheats?

348hj2.jpg

Marinelli and Turk are the two guys from iowa I see doing Very well at MMA.

Spencer doesn’t strike me as a guy who found a lot of trouble growing up (let’s be real, affable midwestern personality, humble.... people weren’t picking fights with him) but does seem like a guy who would excel at the technical parts. He should stay away. He has no reason to take a shot to the jaw.

I would love to see DeSanto in the cage at some point, but he would get punched a lot with his style of attack.
I respect your opinion. I don’t see Marinelli as the MMA type based on interviews etc. and he seems to be just as humble and friendly as Spencer.
Gilman yes
Forrest Molinari would be good.

I respect your opinion. I don’t see Marinelli as the MMA type based on interviews etc. and he seems to be just as humble and friendly as Spencer.
Gilman yes
Forrest Molinari would be good.

Alex strikes me as a good guy but in the tough way. Obviously I don’t know the guy, but he seems like someone with whom everyone knows where they stand... the no BS type. For some reason I see him in a cage. Maybe it’s his hands? (Heaviest hands I’ve seen out of a freshman in a long time). Maybe the look?

I only went with current Hawkeyes, and not HWC. As such I didn’t count Gilman (I don’t know if he can take a punch, but he walks around like a guy who has taken and given a lot of punches. He’d def. succeed in the cage). Same with Molinari. Didn’t count her since she isn’t a Hawkeye in the technical sense (wrestling for the university in NCAA competition).

Reactions: Inthecircle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT