ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Practice Photos

anybody notice Brandon Smith looks like an NFL ready Wide Receiver?
you consider his ability to get up and get the ball, along with his ability to beat his defender on a fly pattern (Iowa St./Nebraska)... he's gonna be a player in the NFL.

and Alaric Jackson is probably the most under-rated offensive lineman in the history of the world... he's a big man... and he's mean lookin too.
one photo shows him blocking Epenesa with one arm !

and Oliver Martin has tree trunks for legs... quite curious what he is going to bring to the table this season...
we might even see 5 WR sets with Tyrone Tracy shifting to, or out of, the backfield.... should be an interesting season this year, for sure.

Is Quinn Schulte working out on the offensive side of the ball? Noticed he was wearing a black practice jersey.

Is Quinn Schulte working out on the offensive side of the ball? Noticed he was wearing a black practice jersey.

Quinn is the Freshman correct? Yes, he’s #30 and is at WR. Apparently, impressed enough to earn camp invite over some scholarship players. I know his uncle. Said after hey win state baseball tournament this summer he celebrated with his team until 11:30 and then had to be at camp at 6 the next morning.

Brice is considered the #4 TE at moment and I think had a catch in the scrimmage on Saturday.

Is limiting the number of players at camp an NCAA thing or a Ferentz thing?
I do not understand if you are on the team why you would not be at Fall camp if not for academic reasons

Is limiting the number of players at camp an NCAA thing or a Ferentz thing?
I do not understand if you are on the team why you would not be at Fall camp if not for academic reasons
It’s an ncaa thing. If you are not invited to camp it usually means you are not in good standing or you likely are buried on the depth chart and might want to consider moving on

Good set of pictures, which seemed to be focusing on the lesser known guys, which I like because past the starters, I don’t know what player is what number.

During the videos shown from kids day I found myself wondering “who is #66?” “Who is #4?” And so on. Now I know.

Also, I had no idea we had guys named Taylor Fox or Clayton Thurm on the team.

Good set of pictures, which seemed to be focusing on the lesser known guys, which I like because past the starters, I don’t know what player is what number.

During the videos shown from kids day I found myself wondering “who is #66?” “Who is #4?” And so on. Now I know.

Also, I had no idea we had guys named Taylor Fox or Clayton Thurm on the team.

Taylor Fox is a preferred walk on. Reese Morgan recruited.

If Reese recruited him, that is good enough for me! He was far and away the best at uncovering diamonds in the rough.

In the “what if” department: just think if KF has listened to Reese about David Johnson from Clinton. IIRC it was the same time frame of Weismann at tailback. I enjoyed Weisman’s running toughness, but Johnson was clearly a couple levels higher. Not to mention his catch and run abilities out of the backfield...

If Reese recruited him, that is good enough for me! He was far and away the best at uncovering diamonds in the rough.

In the “what if” department: just think if KF has listened to Reese about David Johnson from Clinton. IIRC it was the same time frame of Weismann at tailback. I enjoyed Weisman’s running toughness, but Johnson was clearly a couple levels higher. Not to mention his catch and run abilities out of the backfield...
Always nice to have hindsight 10 years later? Remember that Johnson had a lot of baggage reportedly, which is why no one else offered him either. Not only did KF not know how Johnson would develop, but he was doing what he always does, protecting the program from potencial bad apples....

Ask Quinton Alson about David Johnson in the open field...

Reactions: TKingpin
Always nice to have hindsight 10 years later? Remember that Johnson had a lot of baggage reportedly, which is why no one else offered him either. Not only did KF not know how Johnson would develop, but he was doing what he always does, protecting the program from potencial bad apples....
There was some sort of interview or snippet with DJ and he admitted as much himself. Wanted to go to Iowa but character issues and growing up didn't happen as soon as Iowa wanted and since UNI offered a scholly, he wasn't going to Iowa as a walk on to earn a ride..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT