ADVERTISEMENT

Monika Czinano Appreciation Thread

dbleagle1

HR All-State
Oct 18, 2014
Just a baller and consumate pro.......Yes, it sucked watching Iowa lose today. But, let's not let that overshadow the fact that these girls had a fantistic season and Monika is just an absolute gamer. At the end, LSU made the shots they had to make. But, as usual, Monika handled herself with class and dignity just like she has since she stepped on campus and into an Iowa uniform. Congrats on an ALL TIME Hawkeye career. When people talk about Iowa basketball years from now, Monika's name will be mentioned.

She will be sorely missed. Great hawk! Anyone know what her plans are now?

Count me in as a member of the Monika fan club. I always loved her passion, hustle, and work ethic. She is pure class and a perfect example of what it means to be an Iowa Hawkeye. Coach Bluder sure knows how to pick 'em.

A couple months ago I heard her say that she plans to play professionally in Hungary. Her father is Hungarian, so guessing that she may be Hungarian enough that she doesn't count as a foreigner, which I think tend to be limited to two per roster.

Also now 10th on BIG scoring list, though McKenzie Holmes will probably pass her next year.

I hope she goes into coaching! Always loved her approach to the game, her positive outlook and communication, and clearly she has a phenomenal grasp on post fundamentals and footwork - including winning position early, hands, body control, and finishing through contact!

Reactions: Masterprime
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT