ADVERTISEMENT

More lies about corona..

shank hawk

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2015
Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.and most disturbingly how to keep it from the public.

Tennessean reporter Nate Rau asks “the figure you gave of “more than 80” does lead to a natural question: If there have been over 20,000 positive cases of COVID-19 in Davidson and only 80 or so are traced to restaurants and bars, doesn’t that mean restaurants and bars aren’t a very big problem?

Are you paying attention Kim? :rolleyes:

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.and most disturbingly how to keep it from the public.

Tennessean reporter Nate Rau asks “the figure you gave of “more than 80” does lead to a natural question: If there have been over 20,000 positive cases of COVID-19 in Davidson and only 80 or so are traced to restaurants and bars, doesn’t that mean restaurants and bars aren’t a very big problem?

If you don't like lies, why do you support Trump?

Of the dozen or so people I personally know who have had COVID, all of them trace it to The Abbey, Woofs, Blakes, Heretic... all 3 are bars. I'm okay with the way our governor opened early with one exception... Bars. If you want to separate out restaurants with appropriate social distancing and masks when not seated, I'd be good with your post.

Reactions: Rudolph
If you want to separate out restaurants with appropriate social distancing and masks when not seated, I'd be good with your post.

Which is exactly why there shouldn't be a blanket closure of business types,.. the virus doesn't know what a bar or restaurant is and there's no reason why these businesses can't be just as safe as the local Walmart that never shut down...

Millions bro, millions.
What's the number you want so we don't bore you? 200,000 and rising means nothing to you. Trump's "herd mentality" would actually result in the death of millions. Then you'd downplay that too. So again, what's the number of dead Americans that would actually make you stop and think?

What's the number you want so we don't bore you? 200,000 and rising means nothing to you. Trump's "herd mentality" would actually result in the death of millions. Then you'd downplay that too. So again, what's the number of dead Americans that would actually make you stop and think?
I dont need a number to know a global pandemic is bad. I also don't need to be a chicken little running it up a flag pole every 3 minutes. Nobody gives a **** about "200k" anymore because it was rammed down our throats along to be found to be absolute bullshit accounting.

Daily we have a number correction. We now know roughly 10k have died of covid as the only contributing factor with thr remaining 190k having 2.5 comorbidities. Im also smart enough to step back and go 200k is a really big number, but 200k out of 330mil isn't shit.

I dont need a number to know a global pandemic is bad. I also don't need to be a chicken little running it up a flag pole every 3 minutes. Nobody gives a **** about "200k" anymore because it was rammed down our throats along to be found to be absolute bullshit accounting.

Daily we have a number correction. We now know roughly 10k have died of covid as the only contributing factor with thr remaining 190k having 2.5 comorbidities. Im also smart enough to step back and go 200k is a really big number, but 200k out of 330mil isn't shit.
Wow. This is the thinking the rest of us have to deal with. MAGAs don't give a shit. MAGAs. Get it right.

It's not irrational. You act like he's a 'normal' POTUS. He's not.
Starting 20-25 posts a day that all say essentially the same thing:

He’s an evil, stupid, crooked, lying, murderous, incompetent megalomaniac guilty of EVERY accusation thrown at him.

And not one, single post is going to change anyone’s mind.

Mind-numbingly irrational. :rolleyes:

Starting 20-25 posts a day that all say essentially the same thing:

He’s an evil, stupid, crooked, lying, murderous, incompetent megalomaniac guilty of EVERY accusation thrown at him.

And not one, single post is going to change anyone’s mind.

Mind-numbingly irrational. :rolleyes:
It's therapeutic for those of us that still care about our country.

If you think this is bad, imagine the texts, emails and calls that NSA has from Whitmer ? Cuomo and the nursing homes ?

Lies, frauds and traitors.

Reactions: goldmom

MClo3Ln.png

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Don't ram a bullshit number down peoples throats for months and be surprised when you end up with some vomit on your shoes.
Bullshit? Sure. It isn't precise, but it also might be a little low. To the family members of these people, it isn't BS. The lies are coming from your idiot president...who got thousands of Americans killed. Because lies. Because stupidity. From him and his base.

How many dead from Covid do you think we have in this country? Not that it matters since you already said 200,000 isn't a big deal. Party of life.

Bullshit? Sure. It isn't precise, but it also might be a little low. To the family members of these people, it isn't BS. The lies are coming from your idiot president...who got thousands of Americans killed. Because lies. Because stupidity. From him and his base.

How many dead from Covid do you think we have in this country? Not that it matters since you already said 200,000 isn't a big deal. Party of life.
We have no idea how many are dead because they lie about it

Reactions: PerkyForHerky

83 year old that’s been in and out of nursing home and hospital for 3 years dies. They test him post-mortum and he had Covid anti-bodies. That counting towards a Covid death is why people see 200,000 as insignificant. When hospitals gain funding from deaths and positive rates, that’s why 200,000 is seen as insignificant. Not to mention it’s .06% of the total population.

Find me a post where I’ve supported him. I’ll admit I certainly don’t burn with an irrational hatred of him like 80% of hrot: but that only equals ’support’ in the mind of the deluded....

I’m part of Team none•of•the•above
We know…

Team-Pseudo.png

Reactions: hawk-i bob
I’m at the point that I’m realizing the people who fear COVID the most are the elderly and those that fit a certain psychological profile. The highly educated are not immune to groupthink but often highly susceptible to it.

I’m at the point that I’m realizing the people who fear COVID the most are the elderly and those that fit a certain psychological profile. The highly educated are not immune to groupthink but often highly susceptible to it.
The same could be said of denial, of pseudoskepticism, of self-affirmation behaviors, etc and so forth.

I don't fear Covid so much as it concerns me that due to 1) it is a novel virus, meaning we are still learning about it, and 2) there is so much mixed messaging on this whole thing, we, as a society, could be making decisions based on incomplete information, false notions, faulty logic.

I've always been in the camp of lock down at first to flatten curve and buy some time, promote/enforce sensible mitigation efforts, and develop well-reasoned and well-considered contingency plans at various scopes and scales. I'm probably leaving something out, but off the top of my head this is where I've always been with this.

But Americans are an emotional lot, we are what we are.

I’m at the point that I’m realizing the people who fear COVID the most are the elderly

No; it's people who have family & friends who are older or may be susceptible to it.

Because, they give a shit about other people, and not just themselves. Maybe anyone and everyone now who has any ounce of empathy towards others is a "Democrat". If that's now the case, I guess I'm a Democrat.

Because the things the New Republican party stands for aren't things I agree with anymore. The Eisenhower and Nixon and Reagan ideals for "personal responsibility" and "community responsibility" are gone now. That party seems to no longer exist.

No; it's people who have family & friends who are older or may be susceptible to it.

Because, they give a shit about other people, and not just themselves. Maybe anyone and everyone now who has any ounce of empathy towards others is a "Democrat". If that's now the case, I guess I'm a Democrat.

Because the things the New Republican party stands for aren't things I agree with anymore. The Eisenhower and Nixon and Reagan ideals for "personal responsibility" and "community responsibility" are gone now. That party seems to no longer exist.

Can we stop with the stupid D vs R thing for a bit? I’ve already had family members who have had it. One was briefly hospitalized but she’s in her 80’s. Doing much better now. I’m guessing COPD played a part in that. My aunt/uncle both tested positive along with three of their grandchildren. No symptoms other than fatigue. My aunt works at a school and was tested after running a 101 fever. The kids were fine and asymptomatic.

my dad’s 60 and still coaches HS football and spent his time on the beach and riding his bike daily in Florida until June. He’s never been tested but the school does a temp check before each practice and so dar, so good I guess. I have a suspicion that this is much more widespread than most people think.

Doesn't surprise me.

Despite the constant supposed coverage of this, we've seen incredibly, infuriatingly, little information about where people are actually getting it.

You would think with a global pandemic that's killed 200k people, the number one thing being promoted is where people are actually getting it, so you can stay the eff away from that.

Of course, in reality...unless it's a church or an occasional bar in a red state, or a nursing home in a blue state...we aren't hearing shit about where people are getting it overall. Only those things that can be used as a political cudgel.

After interfamily transmission, I suspect the vast majority of people are getting it from:
1) Institutional/communal living or working settings
2) Private social gatherings

Neither of which are really solved by business shutdowns, or mask mandates or anything else that can be made political.

That's why it's pretty obvious that this thing runs it's course everywhere, regardless of rules or mandates. It follows the same path in California or Texas, whether they're taping masks to your face or opening bars. Basic social distancing and hygiene that most people are observing by personal choice stops a lot of the spread, but whereever it goes, it's going to work its way through that part of the population that is susceptible to it, either by circumstance or personal behavior. You see the same curve everywhere after the initial blast in the N.E.

I'm not saying there is no room for policy of course. I think there is. But more dedication and focus on the places people are getting it, instead of shutting down sporting goods stores and parks and plumbing companies, etc. would have gone a long way I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT