ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Joe pulled this morning lol

Looking Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

A person familiar with the matter told CNN that the decision was made to avoid a scenario in which one of the show’s stable of two dozen-plus guests might make an inappropriate comment on live television that could be used to assail the program and network as a whole. Given the breaking news nature of the story, the person said, it made more sense to continue airing rolling breaking news coverage in the fraught political moment.

A person familiar with the matter told CNN that the decision was made to avoid a scenario in which one of the show’s stable of two dozen-plus guests might make an inappropriate comment on live television that could be used to assail the program and network as a whole. Given the breaking news nature of the story, the person said, it made more sense to continue airing rolling breaking news coverage in the fraught political moment.
So they were afraid someone would make the kind of comments we’ve seen in here the past couple days?

It's because there was an assassination attempt and it's a bad look to be criticizing someone in the wake of such an event.
(not that the person wouldn't normally deserve criticism)

This isn't hard.
It's because there was an assassination attempt and it's a bad look to be criticizing someone in the wake of such an event.
(not that the person wouldn't normally deserve criticism)

This isn't hard.
So they cannot control themselves

Hope they rake MSNBC over the coals tomorrow morning for pulling such a stupid stunt.

Reactions: goldmom
If my employer cannot trust me to perform my job duties as expected, me thinks I would be out of a job.

Nice of MSNBC to give these pro’s the day off!

To some extent perhaps. A slip up would look bad. I mean, what these shows do is criticize party and politician day after day after day. Can't be what you usually are.
But Fox and Newsmax and all the other right wing shows can say whatever the f**k they want with no consequences. Pretty weak from MSNBC, but the right didn't take over all the media for nothing.

If the real reason ends up being "we are unsure how they will comment on monday about the weekend events", then they have serious problems. I noticed every other show was on as scheduled........

Waiting to see official reasons, but it's a bad look.

Last edited:
Good guess!
It’s the one that keeps saying “what a dumba$$” every time I read one of your posts. 😉
Yeah, name calling again. That's all you got Goldie. You really need to find a new hobby because it's clear you are really tired of getting your ass handed to you all the time in these debates. All you can do is just go to personal attacks. You've got nothing else. It's pretty pathetic. When you want to actually discuss something, let me know. But since your positions are generally completely indefensible beyond, "I'm a selfish prick and f**k you", you never have anything intelligent to say on the matter.

Yeah, name calling again. That's all you got Goldie. You really need to find a new hobby because it's clear you are really tired of getting your ass handed to you all the time in these debates. All you can do is just go to personal attacks. You've got nothing else. It's pretty pathetic. When you want to actually discuss something, let me know. But since your positions are generally completely indefensible beyond, "I'm a selfish prick and f**k you", you never have anything intelligent to say on the matter.
dumb ass isn't so much name calling as it is a long term observation. More adjective than noun in this case.

Prick? Whoa. You mean I’m actually a big swingin d**k?
I’m gonna ease back because I think you’re likely not aware of the name calling I receive on here all the time. My response over time has been to fight fire with fire.
Apparently I have a bit of a talent for it. So don’t poke the bear.

But Fox and Newsmax and all the other right wing shows can say whatever the f**k they want with no consequences. Pretty weak from MSNBC, but the right didn't take over all the media for nothing.
Lol right. That's what cracks me up about all the Republicans on this board the past few days.

Trump and the GOP have been toting out violent rhetoric for the past 8 years. You don't get to a Jan. 6th insurrection attempt overnight. "Hang Mike Pence!" doesn't just formulate in peoples minds. It's a build up to violence and then you light the fuse. The GOP has been doing this for a while now. Bins, DooBi, Northern, GoldMom, ihhawk, and any of the other GOP supporters can roll their eyes all they want and cry "both sides!", but they have their heads so far in the sand, nobody can take them seriously.

The event that unfolded on Saturday was terrible and should not be happening in this country. Nobody should want to live in a country where people are taking shots at politicians, but there has been so much talk of violent actions and little to 0 deescalation attempts, I don't know what you were expecting. That's how you end up living under Authoritarian rule. The GOP has been spitting this stuff so much that their own party members are now taking shots at Trump.

Did some of the reactions on this board cross the line? Yes, absolutely. Anyone actively cheering for a father and a grandfather to be assassinated on live television needs to take a long look in the mirror.

However, for the above posters mentioned to come out and try to take the moral high ground was laughable and downright cringy. DooBi has been on record talking down the evens of Jan. 6th, yet he's going to make a post about being disappointed about the actions of some of HBOT? Give me a break.

MSNBC does not want to get down in the mud with the GOP. Call it what you will, but they have their anchors and talking heads on lockdown at the moment because they don't want them spitting the same rhetoric that Fox News and the GOP has been pumping our airways with the last 8 years. Yet the Republican posters on this board want to act like the Dems are still cheering this on and this is proof.

If you don't believe Fox News and other right wing media outlets wouldn't be downplaying or making fun of a failed assassination attempt on Joe Biden by a fellow Democrat, then you need to get over yourself quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Lol right. That's what cracks me up about all the Republicans on this board the past few days.

Trump and the GOP have been toting out violent rhetoric for the past 8 years. You don't get to a Jan. 6th insurrection attempt overnight. "Hang Mike Pence!" doesn't just formulate in peoples minds. It's a build up to violence and then you light the fuse. The GOP has been doing this for a while now. Bins, DooBi, Northern, GoldMom, ihhawk, and any of the other GOP supporters can roll their eyes all they want and cry "both sides!", but they have their heads so far in the sand, nobody can take them seriously.

The event that unfolded on Saturday was terrible and should not be happening in this country. Nobody should want to live in a country where people are taking shots at politicians, but there has been so much talk of violent actions and little to 0 deescalation attempts, I don't know what you were expecting. That's how you end up living under Authoritarian rule. The GOP has been spitting this stuff so much that their own party members are now taking shots at Trump.

Did some of the reactions on this board cross the line? Yes, absolutely. Anyone actively cheering for a father and a grandfather to be assassinated on live television needs to take a long look in the mirror.

However, for the above posters mentioned to come out and try to take the moral high ground was laughable and downright cringy. DooBi has been on record talking down the evens of Jan. 6th, yet he's going to make a post about being disappointed about the actions of some of HBOT? Give me a break.

MSNBC does not want to get down in the mud with the GOP. Call it what you will, but they have their anchors and talking heads on lockdown at the moment because they don't want them spitting the same rhetoric that Fox News and the GOP has been pumping our airways with the last 8 years. Yet the Republican posters on this board want to act like the Dems are still cheering this on and this is proof.

If you don't believe Fox News and other right wing media outlets wouldn't be downplaying or making fun of a failed assassination attempt on Joe Biden by a fellow Democrat, then you need to get over yourself quick, fast, and in a hurry.
I am guessing there might be some off the beaten path alt right groups that would do that. Fox News might spread election lies or spin the truth at times, but even they wouldn't do what you claimed.

Also, I encourage you to find out more about the shooter, he MAY have been registered as a republican... a lot of non republicans registered that way to vote against Trump in closed primaries where Biden was running unopposed, this is pretty well known knowledge at this point.

Reactions: Scruddy
I am guessing there might be some off the beaten path alt right groups that would do that. Fox News might spread election lies or spin the truth at times, but even they wouldn't do what you claimed.

Also, I encourage you to find out more about the shooter, he MAY have been registered as a republican... a lot of non republicans registered that way to vote against Trump in closed primaries where Biden was running unopposed, this is pretty well known knowledge at this point.
I mean, that second part kind of sounds like you're trying to jump through some hoops to keep your head deep in the sand. Maybe you're right, but you also sound like you're in denial. Just saying.

Pretty much on target. Appearances are often deceiving. I believe MSNBC made a good decision regardless of how the optics are perceived. Fact remains, you cannot get into trouble for shit not said. This assassibation thing will be a story for another week or so.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

Can you name ‘all the media’ that the right wing has taken over from your perspective?
This is a novel claim, just trying to understand what you mean.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I mean, that second part kind of sounds like you're trying to jump through some hoops to keep your head deep in the sand. Maybe you're right, but you also sound like you're in denial. Just saying.
Fair. Early indications are that Crooks was a registered Republican. There's video I've seen of him circulating screaming F republicans, F Trump.. etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT