ADVERTISEMENT

Morrow to visit Transfer U this wkend (would sit 1 year, eligible for 2 more yrs)

Everyone wondered how Fred got all those transfers. Heard a few coaches ask what the heck is going on over in Ames. Well it seems clear to me that Prom does not have the same things to offer these kids as did Hoyburger. (For whatever reason)

I'd have to think Freddy used his NBA past and working in front offices to try and lure in some of the more talented transfers who would have a legitimate shot playing pro ball. Read article on the registers looks like they will be most likely taking a guy from UTSA who is like Burton, minus 3pt shot and look at grad transfer from Princeton.

Just a different environment. When ISU recruited all of the guys early in Fred's career ISU was basically the only visit they took and they don't have near the offers they do now.

Yes the environment was different when Fred's isu career started. Many of his early transfers were players with off the court issues as well. Now, they all paid off except for BDJ but that probably wouldn't occur in today's environment as easily either. It appears to be a tough strategy to pull off consistently and at some point the check comes due and you don't fill scholarships. When that occurs you are at a major disadvantage.

I'd have to think Freddy used his NBA past and working in front offices to try and lure in some of the more talented transfers who would have a legitimate shot playing pro ball. Read article on the registers looks like they will be most likely taking a guy from UTSA who is like Burton, minus 3pt shot and look at grad transfer from Princeton.

Very true on Hoiberg. His recruiting pitch to the transfers was simple and he is someone who could make an immediate impact on a kid. Prohm seems like his recruiting is based on relationships and if there is no prior relationship with the kid they have trouble getting them. The kid from Virginia had a connection to Naz Long and that is a big reason they got him.

Yep...and not having a lot of transfers vs having a lot is a good thing. See Hawks under Lick, see current NE under Miles.

Fran has the program in a really good spot and we are in for a hell of a 6-7 year run.
6 to 7 year run? Other than Patrick who knows who Iowa will have on the roster in 4 years let alone 6 or 7.

Iowa's roster has no room. Kinda hard to sell a transfer on that.

I took the comment as more of a general strategy not being employed vs. at one point in time. We have not really leveraged the transfer "market" very much. Recent: Gabe, Devin Archie, Bryce Cartwright, and Trey Dickerson are a few that come to mind, but pretty few and far between.

Morrow was not offered by ISU. He was not a good fit.

Are you talking Ed Morrow? He was offered and visited lames then said no thanks. Just like most of those who isu offered this spring.

At least the clowns got that TE from UTSA. All the blue bloods were after him weren't they creeper?

Are you talking Ed Morrow? He was offered and visited lames then said no thanks. Just like most of those who isu offered this spring.

At least the clowns got that TE from UTSA. All the blue bloods were after him weren't they creeper?
Not offered and not a fit

Tell that to everyone on cryclown fanatic. Good luck.
Don't go there at all, but I know that the scrimmage with current players did not go well for Mr. Morrow. He was a bad fit and both sides came to the same conclusion.

Don't go there at all, but I know that the scrimmage with current players did not go well for Mr. Morrow. He was a bad fit and both sides came to the same conclusion.

Tell cryclown fanantic and when they believe you so will we.

Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT