ADVERTISEMENT

Mosai Newsom

Fair enough. But hard to gauge this, when you’re a Nebbie fan on an Iowa board, and a fair amount of the UNL fans are trolls...

I agree, but I’m here because I like football and Iowa an Nebraska are in the same backyard so I come over here from time to time. The offseason makes for much less talk to follow on the home boards so you’re left to supplement.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
Man you must be an old dude. That joke was retired during the Devaney years.
I graduated from Wesleyan in '08 and Doane's M.A.C. program in '14. It is still used often don't kid yourself. You want to talk about retired during the Devainey era "Donu". The only time I have ever heard "dear old Nebraska U" is in the fight song.

Last edited:
I graduated from Wesleyan in '08 and Doane's M.A.C. program in '11. It is still used often don't kid yourself. You want to talk about retired during the Devainey era "Donu". The only time I have ever heard "dear old Nebraska U" is in the fight song.
Concordia is the elite university in the gpac :p

(Mosai Newsom logs on to hawkeyereport. Sees 2 page thread about him. His name is never mentioned.)

Reactions: thrillpac
(Mosai Newsom logs on to hawkeyereport. Sees 2 page thread about him. His name is never mentioned.)
You are so right. I am one of the culprits. I get tired of opening threads that have veered way off the original post. I deleted my posts.
Back on topic. I went to Wartburg and I am always rooting for the kids from Waverly. Hope we get him!

Reactions: Herkmeister
Really enjoyed watching Mosai Newsome play basketball. This young man is an athlete.

Plus, he's been groomed wearing Iowa colors at Waverly-Shell Rock. For him to wear anything else will go against his DNA.

I really want to watch his career as a Hawkeye.

Let's Go Go-Hawks at State!!!!!

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Watched him play basketball against west Delaware moves and uses his body well. Played hard. His footwork was very google as well.
I believe his dad is the wartburg track coach. I think he would be a good get.
Also has a good sized little brother who’s a very good athlete.

Both true. There is no affinity to Iowa so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go elsewhere.

Nebby fans are oblivious to the fact more than 99% of English literate people couldn't care less about the Huskers. This causes problems when they dumb stuff down for their fan base, like GBR, which initially was used by the players who also thought spelling out Go Big Red was "too many letters". Huskers Red, apparently any shade of red with an N on it is Husker Red... we'll just let them think that's actually a color, lol. I'll leave the black shirts thing alone since BLACK SKIRTS is so damn funny! So they are UNL or UN but want to be identified as NU cause someone f'd up the lyrics to one of their school songs??? Was it the same guy who liked eating bugs? Those funny looks you get from people when you talk your Husker gibberish aren't just because of the wet spot. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, home of the option read, on the field, and in the class room...

Really enjoyed watching Mosai Newsome play basketball. This young man is an athlete.

Plus, he's been groomed wearing Iowa colors at Waverly-Shell Rock. For him to wear anything else will go against his DNA.

I really want to watch his career as a Hawkeye.

Let's Go Go-Hawks at State!!!!!
The Hawks like getting young men like him ... really good all-around athlete ... with great growth potential. Hopefully he ends up a Hawk. From what I've read, Ezra Miller knows him and has been recruiting him on Iowa's behalf.

Reactions: Herkmeister
The Hawks like getting young men like him ... really good all-around athlete ... with great growth potential. Hopefully he ends up a Hawk. From what I've read, Ezra Miller knows him and has been recruiting him on Iowa's behalf.

Follow up to this, Ezra Miller has been a stud about reaching out to other recruits.

Reactions: unclesammy
Then call Yourselves Nebraska University and not University Of Nebraska
We could go easy on the shuckers and their fans. If there's a school in the BIG right now with an identity conflict its them. Still trying to play football like their in the big 12. No defense, will just try to outscore you. And the constant obsession with their glorious,DISTANT past. Of course the latest in a laundry list of new coaches will return the mighty big red machine to its rightful place......:rolleyes:

Please Northwestern University is NU established in 1851. University of Nebraska is UNL established in 1869.
There is only on NU in the Big Ten. Nebby Trolls and it is not you guys.

Reactions: RogerKint
As usual, another thread that could share news and/or updates about a potential recruit is thrashed. Why, plz, do our posters fall for this trolling crap and engage? It's beyond me.

Just for the heck of it, here's an update about the subject of the thread, Mosai Newsome:

Link: https://www.hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/waverly-shell-rock-de-mosai-newsom-connecting-hawkeyes
Waverly-Shell Rock DE Mosai Newsom Connecting with Hawkeyes - One of state's top prospects tells HN where things stand with Iowa:

Last edited:
As usual, another thread that could share news and/or updates about a potential recruit is thrashed. Why, plz, do our posters fall for this trolling crap and engage? It's beyond me.

Just for the heck of it, here's an update about the subject of the thread, Mosai Newsome:

Link: https://www.hawkeyenation.com/recruiting/waverly-shell-rock-de-mosai-newsom-connecting-hawkeyes
Waverly-Shell Rock DE Mosai Newsom Connecting with Hawkeyes - One of state's top prospects tells HN where things stand with Iowa:
Thanks for sharing hknation!

Since you asked, when speaking about the sports programs it’s NU or DONU (Dear Old NU). NU is more for Nebraska U (Fight Song). When referring to the school itself it is UNL.

Northwestern is simply NW to Husker fans.
NW is a direction, not a school acronym.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT