ADVERTISEMENT

Most Conf wins by Big10 Teams, last 5 seasons

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Let's look at conf wins only. No doubt looking at this that Iowa is a top team. No surprise at the top two but it could be said that if Kirk had an offense ranked avg of 50 +/- 20 spots that the Big 2 of the Big10 would be OSU and Iowa. Think about that. I get very frustrated with Kirk's offense but he does get very good win/loss results. Oh, and poor Rutgers and Nebby, etc

OSU 38
Mich 33
Iowa 29
PSU 28
Wisc 25
Minn 24
Pur 22
MSU 21
jNW 17
Ill 17
Indy 15
Mary 13
Neb 13
Rut 6

Let's look at conf wins only. No doubt looking at this that Iowa is a top team. No surprise at the top two but it could be said that if Kirk had an offense ranked avg of 50 +/- 20 spots that the Big 2 of the Big10 would be OSU and Iowa. Think about that. I get very frustrated with Kirk's offense but he does get very good win/loss results. Oh, and poor Rutgers and Nebby, etc

OSU 38
Mich 33
Iowa 29
PSU 28
Wisc 25
Minn 24
Pur 22
MSU 21
jNW 17
Ill 17
Indy 15
Mary 13
Neb 13
Rut 6

Ah yes. Love seeing Neb in the basement.

Yes, KF's offense sucks. It's so easy to point to and claim greatness if it were better. I won't argue with that.

But you have to look at Iowa's win total (better than 11 B1G teams) with some admiration, however it happened. It's not like Iowa has any inherent advantages over a lot of those teams behind them - in fact you could easily argue that several of those teams have inherent advantages over Iowa.

Kudos to KF and the Hawks.

As much as we can criticize Kirk, it's impressive that we are up there with Michigan and OSU. While the Buckeyes have more or less had our number, since the turn of the century Iowa is 7-7 against Michigan in the regular season (not counting the B1G Championship). Even with an offensive scheme that is the butt of every lame joke, beating out the likes of Penn State and Wisconsin in wins really requires a tip of the cap to old Kirk.

If we were to even get a top 50th percentile offense, we'd be a real contender for the playoffs every year. We have top 5 coaches in both Defense and Special Teams, we're just one step away from greatness.

OSU 38
Mich 33
Iowa 29
PSU 28
Wisc 25
Minn 24
Pur 22
MSU 21
jNW 17
Ill 17
Indy 15
Mary 13
Neb 13
Rut 6
Iowa is 0-4 vs. Michigan/OSU in the last 5 years. PSU is 2-8 vs. Michigan/OSU in the last 5 years. Thank the luck of the draw we didn't have to play Michigan/OSU 6 more times in the last 5 years.

Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
Yes, KF's offense sucks. It's so easy to point to and claim greatness if it were better. I won't argue with that.

But you have to look at Iowa's win total (better than 11 B1G teams) with some admiration, however it happened. It's not like Iowa has any inherent advantages over a lot of those teams behind them - in fact you could easily argue that several of those teams have inherent advantages over Iowa.

Kudos to KF and the Hawks.
Yea if we are #3 in the Big in wins behind Ohio State and Michigan, there really shouldn’t be any “yea but“ to it. For a state of 3 million with no major urban centers that’s probably getting damn close to maximizing a program. it’s going to be hard to sustain that after KF hangs it up IMO.

OSU 38
Mich 33
Iowa 29
PSU 28
Wisc 25
Minn 24
Pur 22
MSU 21
jNW 17
Ill 17
Indy 15
Mary 13
Neb 13
Rut 6
Don’t tell James Franklin

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
If kNebby is in the basement, that means Rutgers is what the foundation is sitting on?
Yes, Rutgers is the foundation of B1G

They’re all in the basement together… just like their fans who like to post here and tell us how great the Huskers were and watching reruns on their VCR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT