ADVERTISEMENT

Most "hated" Big10 rival

paladinhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
I think I'm going with Northwestern. It seems like we should be able to beat them 4 years out of 5, but frequently have a gut wrenching loss to them.

It used to be Indiana, but they've underachieved for so long that they're like the Nebby football fans. Not sure if their new coach will be able to turn it around, doubt he gets more than 3 years....

I used to think Illinois, but now I pretty much feel bad for them. I don't hate Wisconsin nearly as much with Bo gone. I don't feel anything about Nebraska or Minnesota despite the shared border.

I have to go with Northwestern as well. Those little bastards have consistently been a thorn in our sides in basketball and football.

Plus this:
jNWU_bookguy.jpg

Reactions: QChawks
I think I'm going with Northwestern. It seems like we should be able to beat them 4 years out of 5, but frequently have a gut wrenching loss to them.

It used to be Indiana, but they've underachieved for so long that they're like the Nebby football fans. Not sure if their new coach will be able to turn it around, doubt he gets more than 3 years....

MN and Wisky; I hate the cheating Goofs and I wish we had some of the success Wisky has had

Reactions: johnnashhawk
The border states are the ones I hate.....still haten on Illinois even though they've been down. Minnesota just because they are minny, and Wisconsin probably most...mostly because we have not done a good job of beating them in recent years.

ISU. I don't care what the topic was.

Truly, I try not to hate on teams as much as imdividuals. Certain players really rub me the wrong way.

Other than that, ball up.

Wisconsin.

Indiana? I’ve been a hawk fan for over 25 years. When the heck has Indiana ever been a hated rival?

MN and Wisky; I hate the cheating Goofs and I wish we had some of the success Wisky has had

.....”I wish we had some of the success Wiscy has had”..... RECENTLY. It wasn’t that long ago that they were barely relevant. Well, maybe because i’m so damn old, I can remember past Bo, Bennett, that assistant that played Bennett-ball then went on to coach St Louis, back to Steve Yoder. Those were the days. They sucked at b-ball and fball. I’m not sure who they’re fball coach was before Barry... maybe Yoder coached fball too...

Reactions: DanL53
1. Illinois, I despise everything about that state. Morally and Financially Bankrupt. Chicago sucks and is a drain on the rest of the Midwest. The rest of the US should force them to secede from the union. They are an economic drain on the rest of the US. Their university is a mere reflection of that.

2. IN, any state or institution that has produced Alfraud should be hated by all IA fans, in each and every respect.

3. Wisconsin, Ryan has ruined that institution for me. Actually like the state, university, and Dick Bennett back in the day.

4. MSU, see Ryan comments regarding Izzo, see IL / Chicago comments as it relates to MI / Detroit.

5. MN, gut feeling that Pitino Jr is dirty. Love the state & people but I live in the Twin Cities metro now so I'm biased.

Reactions: DanL53
For older fans, it was Illannoy and Minny, the two cheating programs in the B1G. I think MSU has surpassed those two recently for me. For some reason, I respect Wisconsin. Jealous and want to finally finish ahead of them, but don't hate.

Reactions: FlintTown
1. Illinois, I despise everything about that state. Morally and Financially Bankrupt. Chicago sucks and is a drain on the rest of the Midwest. The rest of the US should force them to secede from the union. They are an economic drain on the rest of the US. Their university is a mere reflection of that.

2. IN, any state or institution that has produced Alfraud should be hated by all IA fans, in each and every respect.

3. Wisconsin, Ryan has ruined that institution for me. Actually like the state, university, and Dick Bennett back in the day.

4. MSU, see Ryan comments regarding Izzo, see IL / Chicago comments as it relates to MI / Detroit.

5. MN, gut feeling that Pitino Jr is dirty. Love the state & people but I live in the Twin Cities metro now so I'm biased.

1. Illinois, I despise everything about that state. Morally and Financially Bankrupt. Chicago sucks and is a drain on the rest of the Midwest. The rest of the US should force them to secede from the union. They are an economic drain on the rest of the US. Their university is a mere reflection of that. It's in a crud town in the middle of nowhere that even the interstate avoids. They might as well have Al Capone statues as he might be gone but the politicians all think like he did! For example a longtime state politician after he died? Read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Powell_(politician)

That's right. $800,000 in cash, 49 cases of whiskey, and 2 cases of creamed corn.

That's Illinois in a nutshell.

Reactions: skydog0784
Used to be Illinois, but they’re so terrible I find if hard to care about them. I guess because of their fans, Minnesota is as good a choice as any. ( I dislike losing to ISU more than anyone in the B1G, though.)

During the Alford years I remember watching them lose to NW, so I've always had it out for them too. But since Maryland joined I hope we kick their ass everytime. Fans screaming "You are Ugly" while Uthoff shoots, I hope they lose every game and get railed by the Hawks every time

Gophers ....those dirty, cheating, foul mouthed, fish eating, scandal-ridden, backward Scandinavians who still play basjkorgball on an elevated court inside an old barn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT