ADVERTISEMENT

Most Men are Single and have few Friends.

I asked chatgpt and this is what ai has to say. I didn't read it because it was too long.

There is no one definitive answer to why many young men are single nowadays as there are likely multiple factors that contribute to this trend. Here are some possible explanations:
  1. Delayed Marriage: Many young men are choosing to delay marriage and focus on their education, careers, or personal goals before settling down. This shift in priorities means that some men may not feel ready to commit to a long-term relationship until later in life.
  2. Changes in Gender Roles: As society becomes more gender-equal, traditional gender roles are changing, which can lead to confusion or uncertainty about what is expected of men in relationships. Some men may struggle to adapt to these changing expectations and feel unsure about how to navigate romantic relationships.
  3. Online Dating: The rise of dating apps and online dating has made it easier than ever for young people to meet potential partners. However, this has also led to a culture of casual dating and hookups, which can make it harder for men (and women) to find meaningful, long-term relationships.
  4. Economic Factors: Some studies have suggested that economic factors, such as high levels of student debt or a challenging job market, may be contributing to the decline in marriage rates among young people. Financial stress can make it harder for people to commit to long-term relationships or feel ready to start a family.
  5. Social Isolation: With the rise of social media and other digital technologies, some young men may be spending more time online than in real-life social interactions. This can lead to feelings of loneliness or social isolation, which may make it harder to form meaningful connections with others.
It's important to note that these are just a few of the many possible reasons why some young men may be single. Ultimately, the decision to pursue a relationship or remain single is a personal one that depends on a variety of factors, including individual goals, values, and life circumstances.
so chatgpt read this thread and wrote the essay :)

Reactions: Moral
I would suspect that the financial problems that affect young people combined with the internet are the cause of a great deal of this.

Women are generally speaking more concerned about a potential partner's financial status. Add to that the internet and it's not hard for a young woman to date an older man who's obtained a bit more financial security rather than be interested in men who are not financially secure that are her own age.

I asked chatgpt and this is what ai has to say. I didn't read it because it was too long.

There is no one definitive answer to why many young men are single nowadays as there are likely multiple factors that contribute to this trend. Here are some possible explanations:
  1. Delayed Marriage: Many young men are choosing to delay marriage and focus on their education, careers, or personal goals before settling down. This shift in priorities means that some men may not feel ready to commit to a long-term relationship until later in life.
  2. Changes in Gender Roles: As society becomes more gender-equal, traditional gender roles are changing, which can lead to confusion or uncertainty about what is expected of men in relationships. Some men may struggle to adapt to these changing expectations and feel unsure about how to navigate romantic relationships.
  3. Online Dating: The rise of dating apps and online dating has made it easier than ever for young people to meet potential partners. However, this has also led to a culture of casual dating and hookups, which can make it harder for men (and women) to find meaningful, long-term relationships.
  4. Economic Factors: Some studies have suggested that economic factors, such as high levels of student debt or a challenging job market, may be contributing to the decline in marriage rates among young people. Financial stress can make it harder for people to commit to long-term relationships or feel ready to start a family.
  5. Social Isolation: With the rise of social media and other digital technologies, some young men may be spending more time online than in real-life social interactions. This can lead to feelings of loneliness or social isolation, which may make it harder to form meaningful connections with others.
It's important to note that these are just a few of the many possible reasons why some young men may be single. Ultimately, the decision to pursue a relationship or remain single is a personal one that depends on a variety of factors, including individual goals, values, and life circumstances.
ChatGPT is amazing, everyone should try to incorporate it if they can :)

I
WE HAVE A VICTIM MENTALITY IN THIS COUNTRY

Also, those poor boys are scared of being accused of sexual harassment. Thanks a lot Me Too Movement.

This is one of the best reasons I've ever seen for why dudes are single nowadays. Amazing.

This totally happened.

No need to insult me. You’re the one that admitted to doing something weird as ****, brah.
Sounds like you are an online bully.

Jordan Peterson warned me about people like you with psychopathic tendencies who like to bully others online ;)

This post is dedicated to @Jerome Silberman

I

Sounds like you are an online bully.

Jordan Peterson warned me about people like you with psychopathic tendencies who like to bully others online ;)

This post is dedicated to @Jerome Silberman

Don't let the Machiavellian narcissistic psychopathic sadists get under your skin. You have to make order out of chaos, and sort yourself out. It's NO joke...roughly speaking.

So, hurray for that.

I'm 12. 12" from the ground.
6b4b717193510fb60a5bea701afc793f.jpg

Said in kermit the frog voice.

I have to admit I am very entertained by his jumbled, say-nothing word salads that are interspersed with folksy Canadian phrases. I don't buy what he's selling, but the way he sells it is very funny.

I don't listen to a lot because I'm wary of getting lulled by his speech patterns, but when I do I usually will drop a few 'Obviously's in a Canadian accent for the next couple days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Urohawk and Moral
This is a great article that sheds some light on the problem.

I agree with some of this article. But this article is pretty similar to the stuff discussed in the declining mental health of young girls thread. I would assume having a deadbeat dad leads to unhappy kids too.

I would guess wages is a big part. i bet social media and mental health are another huge part.

Globalization is killing our low level jobs and is ruining the mental health of lots of men. social media makes isolation and hopelessness worse.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
This is a great article that sheds some light on the problem.

This was outstanding. Thank you. This was especially interesting to me:

“Reeves offers a wide menu of policies designed to foster a “prosocial masculinity for a postfeminist world.” He would encourage more men to become nurses and teachers, expand paid leave, and create a thousand more vocational high schools. His signature idea, though, is to “redshirt” boys and give them all, by default, an extra year of kindergarten. The aim is to compensate for their slower rates of adolescent brain development, particularly in the prefrontal cortex, which controls decision-making. Reeves, who places great stock in this biological difference, also places great stock in his proposed remedy: “A raft of studies of redshirted boys have shown dramatic reductions in hyperactivity and inattention through the elementary school years, higher levels of life satisfaction, lower chances of being held back a grade later, and higher test scores.”

I doubt this describes 60% of young men but I do know that unmotivated, lazy, underemployed, and undereducated men aren't exactly offering a whole lot that's going to get a women to want to engage in a long term relationship with that person. Also, men who still live at home having their mom make them meals and do their laundry aren't exactly advertising themselves very well either. Women want to be mother to their kids, not their boyfriend/husband.

If women are looking for men to support then, then perhaps we should kill the idea that women should have equal job opportunities and equal pay.

Just as with polygamy, there is a mathematical problem with the mindset that the man should always make more money than his female partner, but women should have equal pay.

Women enjoy talking about and complaining about their problems about 10x more than men.

That's not to say there aren't things worth talking about... but they're much more likely to go into the minutia on things than men are. And at some point it becomes rather tedious airing of grievances where the opposite sex is concerned.

(long story short... men could be complaining plenty too but aren't as interested in doing so)

I always joke that when Mrs Radley comes home each day the first fifteen minutes are dedicated to every way in which she was wronged and aggrieved during the day. Then she asks me how my day was and I say, “Good.”

Is it possible that as a society we think everything is sexual harassment? Kinda hard to get a girlfriend when you are afraid to make a move because you are afraid of being accused of sexual harassment.

We have a victim mentality in this country and the me too movement scared the crap out of boys.
Junior high, high school, and college males are just as vulgar to girls as ever. Girls are still be sexually harassed and assaulted as much as ever, from what have seen and heard. It surprises me.

Reactions: billanole
Women want to be mother their kids? I agreed with you until then.

He’s being radically candid. Stop in any rural town in Iowa and you’ll groups of these type of men. Women want men who are emotionally intelligent, educated, and financially stable.
In defense of she decent dudes, women seem to want their cake and eat it too now. The Boss Bitch mentality. Masculinity, by nature isn’t toxic, it’s a safe place for the feminine partner to nurture and protected. A masculine man doesn’t hurt his partner, he protects, provides for, and nurtures. In return, there should be respected, loved, and of course feel he is supported.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I always joke that when Mrs Radley comes home each day the first fifteen minutes are dedicated to every way in which she was wronged and aggrieved during the day. Then she asks me how my day was and I say, “Good.”
Your wife only takes fifteen minutes? Mine recounts her day in real time. Can we swap???

The "skills" gap is comprised of items women are naturally better at. You're going to have very limited success here reforming men to your taste. I think this is probably a pretty big problem in a world where women are looking for a best friend first.

In defense of she decent dudes, women seem to want their cake and eat it too now. The Boss Bitch mentality. Masculinity, by nature isn’t toxic, it’s a safe place for the feminine partner to nurture and protected. A masculine man doesn’t hurt his partner, he protects, provides for, and nurtures. In return, there should be respected, loved, and of course feel he is supported.
I recently started scrolling instagram and there are a lot of wise women on there that are trying to explain to other women precisely this. Basically try to get them to understand how we think and that oftentimes our partners have no clue. It’s one thing when we say it but when women do…adds some validity to it.

If women are looking for men to support then, then perhaps we should kill the idea that women should have equal job opportunities and equal pay.

Just as with polygamy, there is a mathematical problem with the mindset that the man should always make more money than his female partner, but women should have equal pay.
Interesting that you would take a comment that said women don't want to be mothers to their husbands as meaning they want someone to provide everything for them. Because I certainly didn't say anything like that. From my experience, women want someone who will take care of them as much as they take care of that other person.

Reactions: Wendy79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT