ADVERTISEMENT

Movie scene that best uses a song/music to accentuate it's purpose

There is some very good stuff here, but, when I think of the title of the thread it's the beginning of Topgun that immediately comes to mind. When those engines go wide open and the music is rising with them, that was amazing in the theater.
Good God, man. You couldn't even be bothered to search for and post it?

Love how it starts before the Paramount title cards even come up.

Saw Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop in a drive-in and badgered the folks until they got the soundtracks.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
I admit this is not entirely in line with what OP posted but, changing it up to composers who score films, Terence Blanchard has worked with Spike Lee for 30 years and his work brings a whole other level to those films. I haven't been keeping up with Lee's films the past 15 years, but Blanchard's work scoring Clockers, Bamboozled, and 25th Hour are some of my favorites and elevated those excellent films.

Edit: I just used "films" four times in two sentences . . . and "but" twice.
DisguisedShimmeringArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

Clockers:

From Bamboozled's impressive end credits:

the theme:

Last edited:
Two that come to mind immediately are

and for any boy who grew up in the 80s, this immediately comes to mind

sidenote: while looking for the above I came across this great Gwaresque parody band called Cybertronic Spree. And not only do they have good covers of all of the amazingly 80s songs found in the animated Transformers movies like Dare

But they have other good covers of nerd songs including the Hasselhoff song from the fantastic parody Kung Fury.

and to bring it full circle here’s the original of that song, you can see they really copied quite a few scenes as well

Reactions: hif in fairfax
The pool house scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High where Jackson Browne’s voice raises an octave and the music to “Somebody's Baby” then stops abruptly right when Mike Damone is, ahem, finished.

(Couldn’t find a video)
I thought that song is played when she is doing the older sales guy from the mall in the dugout

do they use it in both scenes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT